Home

I have collected...

The Source

I have collected...

Since the early 1990s, I decided to enhance my Vintage collection. Since that time, I have collected about 277ish figures.

100 - POTF (1994-98 Red Card)

130 - POTF (1994-98 Green Card and Freeze Frame)

10 - Episode I

36 - Re-released "Vintage Original Trilogy Collection" (These are figures that were customly designed for limited release about a year and a half ago. They have reprints of the original backings to the 1980s figures. Hasbro release four figures from Episode Iv, V, and VI. Otherwords, there were 12 in the collection.)

They look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-VOTC-Empire-Strikes-Back-C3-PO-MOMC_W0QQitemZ6029276381QQcategoryZ751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And??? :p

Good for you and all that you have collected and (hopefully) enjoy it. I only have 30-40 loose vintage guys (maybe 5-10 of them in good condition) but have got all figures from '95-'04. I lost interest around them and don't collect much anymore. The VOTC guys are by far some of my favs.

And??? :p

Good for you and all that you have collected and (hopefully) enjoy it. I only have 30-40 loose vintage guys (maybe 5-10 of them in good condition) but have got all figures from '95-'04. I lost interest around them and don't collect much anymore. The VOTC guys are by far some of my favs.

Yeah! Those VOTCs are the coolest. The reason why I posted this is to start a conversation about collecting. I didn't mean to come off horrible... Hehehe...

'VOTCs' are very fragile.

Are they? I haven't had a problem with them yet. The only one who I still occasionly 'play' with is Luke to make his shirt not so poofy. I have them all in their packages as well since they're so damned cool. I only have 4 vintage guys on the card, and none in good shape. Vintage cards are by far the best packaging ever done for these figures. OTC are pretty cool too.

Yeah. I am more into the WotC miniatures because Hasbro keeps remaking the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over. WotC makes all sorts of generic aliens (and a lot of Vaders but at least he's cool enough to get 1000 :p).

Are they? I haven't had a problem with them yet. The only one who I still occasionly 'play' with is Luke to make his shirt not so poofy. I have them all in their packages as well since they're so damned cool. I only have 4 vintage guys on the card, and none in good shape. Vintage cards are by far the best packaging ever done for these figures. OTC are pretty cool too.

Yeah. I am more into the WotC miniatures because Hasbro keeps remaking the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over. WotC makes all sorts of generic aliens (and a lot of Vaders but at least he's cool enough to get 1000 :p).

I took one of my sets out of the package. At one point, I was selling them on EBay, and I had so many left. The hands and feet are fragile. The detail on the figures are pretty cool.

Yeah! I agree. Eventhough they are reprints, the backings are so authentic. I think Hasbro did an ecellent job on them.

WotC miniatures? What are they?

• 2 weeks later...
WotC miniatures? What are they?

My crack cocaine. :p

You may have heard of Wizards of the Coast. They have had the license to AD&D for the past decade or longer, have made a slew of CCG, and now have won my heart over with these.

I like them more than the figures for several reasons:

1) Less remakes (Once again, Vader is the only exception to having more than 2 versions)

3) Obscure Aliens, both unique characters and generic fringers (Ponda Baba and Rodian Mercenary)

3) Randomization of packaging (you don't know what you're getting, so trading and selling duplicates is always fun)

I've been collecting them since the end of '04 now. I actually just took a slew of new pics of all my collections, including my miniatures. I'll upload them some other time to show you just how cool they are to display.

Don't get me wrong about the action figures. I played with a lot of the figures in my collection as a kid and love them very much, but the figures coming out today just don't get me excited. It's more of a chore than a hobby. There are exceptions, but not often.

ive been collecting also since 94, and like katarn07 said it has gotten reduntant lately. but some of the 06 offerings are pretty cool so im still under hasbro's control. not too many complaints though...

Hehehe... Hasbro...

I tried to see if I could order a case of VOTCs when they were released, but it is extrodinary expensive. Plus, you get the shipments in waves, and there is no guarantee in getting every figure. So, I was stuck purchasing them the hard way.

Hasbro's distribution and headquarters are located about one hour away from where I live.

---------------------------

Wizards of the West Coast... I forgot about them. Hehehe... I was able to get thorugh a friend: Wizards - Star Wars #0 - Boba Fett (With a signed certificate.)

It is pretty sweet.

• 1 month later...
I have collected...

Since the early 1990s, I decided to enhance my Vintage collection. Since that time, I have collected about 277ish figures.

100 - POTF (1994-98 Red Card)

130 - POTF (1994-98 Green Card and Freeze Frame)

10 - Episode I

36 - Re-released "Vintage Original Trilogy Collection" (These are figures that were customly designed for limited release about a year and a half ago. They have reprints of the original backings to the 1980s figures. Hasbro release four figures from Episode Iv, V, and VI. Otherwords, there were 12 in the collection.)

They look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-VOTC-Empire-Strikes-Back-C3-PO-MOMC_W0QQitemZ6029276381QQcategoryZ751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:thumbs1:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I noticed on Ebay that there is a new 'Vintage Original Trilogy Collection' set of figures. They are similar to those that came out about a year and a half ago. They run about $10 at Toys-R-Us.

Are you talking about the 5 vintage packaged figures; Luke in Pilot Outfit, Han with Trenchcoat, Sandperson, Greedo, and Scout Trooper?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived