Home

Error 192 (ouch, my head)

MasterC

I've been working on a pretty awesome new mod for some time now, and I've gotten a lot of assistance from the help provided here and with the OJP code. My mod has a lot of new features, such as levitation and a series of forcepower-replacements controlled by "Power Bands" (I know its weird, but it kinda mixes things up a bit, :) ).

ANYWAY, I was beta testing the latest version of the mod with a friend online, and he kept encountering an "Unknown Error 192". It seems to be triggered by random game events (switching sabers, spawning, etc.). His Ping was getting at 650 or so, which I figured might be it, but then I tried it with a normal basejka server, and of course it worked just fine. I read somewhere that this error can occur when you use overrides (psf_overrides.txt and netf_overrides.txt in the ext_data/MP/ folder of the pk3), which of course mine does. I use the UserInt's in my mod for various reasons. Here is a snippet that I changed in each file:

psf_overrides.txt:

userInt1, 8
userInt2, 8
userInt3, 8
userFloat1, 8
userFloat2, 8
userFloat3, 1
userVec1[0], 1
userVec1[1], 1
userVec1[2], 1
userVec2[0], 1
userVec2[1], 1
userVec2[2], 1

netf_overrides.txt:

userInt1, 8
userInt2, 8
userInt3, 8
userFloat1, 8
userFloat2, 8
userFloat3, 1
userVec1[0], 1
userVec1[1], 1
userVec1[2], 1
userVec2[0], 1
userVec2[1], 1
userVec2[2], 1

The funny thing is, when I ran the normal "basejka" server, these overrides were still in my base folder. So, I'm getting confused. Can anyone of you shed any light on this issue? It would be much appreciated. If there is anything else I need to provide, let me know, too.

Did you add or remove any game events?

Also, all of your mod's .pk3 should be in a seperate directory under /GameData and not in the /base folder.

Yes, I did have the mod's PK3 in a separate folder in the "Gamedata" directory with all of this DLL's, but I put the "ClientSide" resources (extra models, efx files, graphics, shaders, the TXT override files, extra sound effects, and the like) in the "Gamedata/base" folder (and of course verified that my beta testing friend also arranged the mod as such), but unfortunately this was not the case.

On the other hand, I DID end up adding a new game event. In fact, it was part of the "Visual Weapons" code that I found in OJP. I've only been working with the source code of JKA for a few months, so I'm not completely aware of the consequences of all of my changes, so I try to tag them all in the source. Is there some adverse side effect to adding a new game event? Or did I perhaps simply do it incorrectly? Thanks in advance for your help! I really appreciate all of the information I've found on this forum and in the OJP.

Well, the txt overrides should not be in the /base folder.

As for new game events, they will crash clients that don't have the new game event defined. However, my clientplugin protection code gets around that by detecting wither or not the players have proper plugin before attempting to send those game events.

Archived