Home

what do people think of the clone wars novels??

jomaster

I'm reading through "Shatterpoint" right now. It's fun to read from Mace Windu's perspective but the jungle trek is just boring and uninteresting and a complete waste of time, paper and words (I bet the writer got paid by word). I mean, why do I have to read 3 chapters about a bug who hatches from humanoid skulls and a pack animal aptly named "Ack" with six legs... give me a break!

Oh and there are also some viewpoints expressed about war that just gave me the oh-so-currently-in-the-news "Republican excuse" vibe.

What I mentioned above are some real low points of idiotic drivel the writer, probably, threw in 2 days before deadline, on the other hand, it has some exciting action scenes and of course Mace's perspective.

It is an overall good (so far, as I'm not yet finished with it) but it could have been much, much better if given some time and an actual intelligent effort and thought from the writer.

I deliberately avoided the CW era novels pre ROTS. Though I know what has happened in most of them now, I dont really plan on reading them. By the end of ROTS, the clone wars were over, so my interest in those books has waned. I might track down some of the comics though - theyre excellent from all reports, as well as the CG series of course :)

mtfbwya

Archived