Home

EAW Demo to be 750 Mb - Prepare your PC Drive!

Master_Cain

We will be using BITorrent for the demo, but that probably wont be until 24 hours after its release as I havent the time to convert it and upload it.

DMUK

I'll make sure and seed the torrent :)

750 megs eh? *glances at the nearly 500 gigs worth of hard drive space left*

*yawns*

Mate, Download Accelerator Plus is way better than Getright; believe me, i tried Getright and it does nothing (black ad here but it's true :)).

Thanks for Info, i'll give it a try.

Ive been looking at the Forums at Gamespot about the same topic,

Some ppl belive that the demo going to have 5 Turtorals and 1 planet

And others belive that its same with the Turtorls but its a galictic map with 5 or 8 planets,

anyone know which is true? I would guess the Galicatic map with the size of the demo.

well it doesn't bother me i've got my 200gig hd primed and ready only problem i'll have will be downloadin i have no idea how long it will take... and i an't signing up 2 game spot complete and have 2 mail $5.95 2 america.... i'm stayn up till 2am 2 download it the minute it becomes avaliable

Rather silly that it's larger than CD size. How do they distribute it? I mean in the documentation it actually refers to the CD IIRC.

A CD can hold about 720 mb if you overburn an 80 minute CDR. However it is still possible they distributed the demo on disc someplace or plan to, since they do sell 90 and 99 minute CDR's, which are more expensive and rare of course, but there you go. I could burn it to a DVDR along with a bunch of other stuff (since it's just 30 megs over the mark).

Why is it over the mark? I'm guessing because they included DirectX 9.0c with the package. But otherwise I don't really get it. I downloaded the thing and it worked, albeit loaded up slowly (I have only the minimum required ram, rather than the extra 256 recommended, but it runs fine on medium detail).

Archived