Home

Metal Gear - Ghosts of the Fox - IC Thread

Shana

Leon smiled, and drew his again, flipped it over so the blade was facing him and the handle facing her, offering it to her if she wanted to inspect it. The hilt had a rather futuristic look (if you've seen the Samurai 3000 models, for katana and ninja sword, similar to that, if not, I'll fetch a pic) and a perfect, sharp blade.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon drew his SOCOM Mk23 pistol and his Colt 1911, placing them on the table. "My personal favorites. I like the SOCOM because it's compact and light for a .45, and I like the Colt 1911 because it's quite heavy and a .45. Reason being is the SOCOM's faster for wielding in a multiple-target situation, and if I need to club someone upside the head, the SOCOM's got the weight to do it, so I don't have to use my sword and give myself away from the glint."

Lianne took Leon's sword carefully and examined it closely. "Beautiful," she whispered. Then, she carefully handed it back and glanced over at Kerry.

"I think I've seen you before," she said. She went over to her luggage and put on the disguise she was sure Kerry would recognize her in.

"Bridget Evans," she said, offering her hand. "Really Lianne Payton, sometimes called Neverthere."

((LP for the day))

Luca smiled at the others and quietly reached into his trenchcoat. He pulled out a pack of Lucky Strikes and a Zippo. He plucked one out of the carton and lit it up in his mouth, taking a long drag and exhaling through his nose. He spoke to Leon in a thick german accent

-"My specialty is pistols, and acrobatics. My senses are also very accute."

He nodded to the door,

-"Someone is coming."

It took a few minutes but finally the door swung open and the Director walked in.

Kerry looked at Lianne and recognized her.

- "Yeah, I recognize you now, the training grounds two years ago" - Kerry said and the director came in.

It was none other than Colonel Roy Campbell.

- "Everyone take a seat. I am Colonel Roy Campbell, we met during your training for the FOXDIE program...you have all read the report so the situation is as bad as it sounds...we are to engage the enemy in covert operation, from this moment on you don't exist...any information concerning your identity is now deleted...it never existed...so before we get on with the briefing are there any questions?" - Campbell asked.

Leon nodded in reply to her. "Our current residences should still be safe to return to, they just don't know the name of who it belongs to now, so technically we don't exist. I'm sure we'll be reissued new names and IDs so that way we can still live amongst others, but they just don't know us for who we really are anymore."

He then replied to Campell, "Am I right? If not, I apologize for giving out misleading information, that's just how I figured things would work. I wanted to ask what are the odds of our success in this mission, and I want to know one other thing," he said. He paused, then continued, "I want to know if we'll be disclosed to the full truth when we ask about something that would trigger the disclosure of such information. What I mean is, if there's something you know, and we don't, and we ask, will you tell us?"

The Colonel looked at Leon and nodded.

- "That is correct, I can tell you everything I know, I am here as your team leader and mission director, so for now let's get onto the briefing. You've read the file so I'll keep it simple. Your objectives are to infiltrate the facility, rescue ten members of the scientific staff, rescue Director Fielding of the NSA and neautralize the nuclear threat. Finally eliminate the terrorist threat and take back the facility. You will enter from the underwater sewer system and make your way from the pump room to the upper levels of the instalation. Once there look for the hostages and rescue them. Use your teammates abilities to their best. Keep on the lookout for them and come back alive. Miss Payton...since you are the Disguise Expert you have a list of VIPs and other staff on a PDA we have given to you inside one of your suitcases, it contains their personal information, appearence and voice samples for you to work...I bid you all good luck, my codec frequency is 140.85, you can contact me for any questions you have on the facility, you leave in two hours...dismissed" - Campbell said and walked out of the room.

- "That was short" - Kerry said.

Leon nodded, "Shorter briefing than I'm used to, but it'll work," he said.

Leon then turned to Lianne and said, "I'm sure you'll do fine. Sides, they'll be too distracted by an infiltration threat once they find out they have an intruder in the structure to notice the height difference."

Lianne smiled her first genuine smile since she got there and said, "Well I guess I should study up on them."

She went over to her suitcases and found the one that the PDA had been tucked into and pulled it out. Turning it on, she glanced over the list, quietly whispering the names to herself. Then, she selected the first name. He had graying hair and a graying mustache. Lianne looked over her suitcases and discovered that wigs and other things had been made for her to better imitate these people. She pulled out the wig and false mustache of the first man on the list and spent about a minute attaching them.

With hair and mustache in place, Lianne went back to the table, PDA and a set of contact lenses in hand. She set the contacts on the table and hit play for the voice sample the PDA had of the man her face was beginning to impersonate. Setting the PDA down on the table and listening carefully, she put in the contacts, changing her eyes to a steely gray.

"The facility will definitely be infiltrated and ripped from our hands," she said, her voice gone deeper, one hand on her throat. She cleared her throat and shook her head, her voice going back to normal. "No, no. Not quite."

Clearing her throat again, she announced, "As hard as we try to hold it, we will fail."

Smiling, she nodded and her voice returned to normal. "Yes, that's him."

Then, she pulled the wig and mustache off and removed the contacts. Time to move on to the next one.

Leon nodded, and decided to head to the weapons training facility as well.. He had been using his sword and hands for awhile, and wanted to make sure he could still aim. He took his suitcase and sword with him. Upon arriving at the weapons training facility, he changed into his exoskeleton outfit, except the helmet, which he usually chose not to wear until he was on the field. He walked out to the shooting range and familiarized himself with his pistols.

Kerry noticed his bow.

- "I thought no one bowed anymore, except maybe for the asian cultures" - Kerry said smiling then continued - "I have this katana, I have no special training with it, I just found I was a natural wielding it, do you have training in such weapons?"

Leon smiled, then said, "Bowing is just a form of respect I like using, same as shaking hands. I just use it more often when it's between two opponents, or another fellow warrior or soldier. Kinda an honor thing I guess. As part of several martial arts training I took, I learned the use of several melee weapons. I just liked the katana because it was a stable, and powerful, two handed weapon, so I chose that as my weapon of choice, and my sensei taught me pretty much everything I needed to know about using it. So yes, I have training with it, and I can understand how you become a natural wielding it, it's a very versatile weapon and is easy to get used to. If you need any pointers or information on technique I'd be glad to tell you."

Kerry smiled at Leon.

- "I'll hold you to it...I'll leave you to your practice...I'll go and check on the others" - Kerry said and before exiting she bowed, not mocking him but as sign of respect to him after all she too had been trained in martial arts. She went back to the room they were in when they were briefed and found Lianne again.

- "Still practicing the disguise technique? Must be hard to portray someone all the time...are you ever yourself? Or you're always someone else?" - Kerry asked Lianne.

Leon bowed back at the same time, then returned to his routine. Something didn't feel right, and it wasn't the mission, nor Kerry. No, it was something far simpler. He'd just made a wrong move on his routine. He cursed for a minute, then decided to start from the top. After awhile it wasn't long before he got it back down, then sheathed his katana on his back. He then began practicing his martial arts routine, combining several different martial arts styles into it, and doing several acrobatics as well, mostly to make sure his suit wouldn't stiffen up during these movies, and to make sure he was still in shape, despite his rigorous daily training schedule.

George walked in to the sparring area.

"You've got good speed, how 'bout power? if you need some help with power I'd be glad to help, and before you say anything, martial arts teachers claim they teach you power and force, but none can teach pure power better than the simpler fight arts...wrestling, boxing and so on." George said as he went over to another mat, took of his shirt and started to hype himself up, hop around like a boxer would do. "Then again I don't know you, so sorry if I've misjudged you."

Lianne looked up from her suitcases, a brown goatee hanging halfway off her face. She patted it back on and, in a dignified British male accent, she said, "It really helps to love acting."

Then, she pulled the goatee off and laughed, her voice returning to normal. "But yeah, sometimes it's a little wierd." She thought about Kerry's question.

"Am I ever myself?" she wondered aloud. Then, she nodded. "Sometimes, but it's rare."

She twitched slightly and put the goatee back in one of her suitcases. Then, for only ten seconds, Kerry saw the real Lianne Payton. Her face was frozen in terror and she'd backed herself into a corner of the room, crouched and shivering. Ten seconds passed and Lianne stood cautiously.

"Sorry you saw that," she muttered, twitching slightly, now refusing to look at Kerry.

Archived