Home

Metal Gear - Ghosts of the Fox - IC Thread

Shana

Luca stood up and went to the next room and got into his uniform, it was a black leather vest with black fatigue pants and boots. He didnt put on the boots, instead he put his flippers on and put the rest of his diving equipment on over his suit. He went over to a table and put his guns, cattleprod, and 2 flash grenades into a water-tight bag that would hold their non-waterproof equipment until they arrived in the facility.

He sat down and began to go through a simple stretching routine to warm up his body before the dive. It seemed unnatural to him to go into the water, for he had only had very limited experience in water travel. He looked at the other's

-"This would probably be a good time to discuss our tactics. I don't want to go in there and just wing it. Leon, I assume that you are going to take point?"

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Imma assume I already got my shot and all because of my lack of posting lol))

Leon followed the rest of the group. The shot hadn't really bothered him at all and he noticed what was going on between the other two, only hoping it wouldn't effect the outcome of the mission. As he slipped back into his exoskeleton, pulling out the helmet for it as well, he replied to Luca, "I could, if you guys would like. If you want I'll clear a path, guards are particularly easy to take down, especially if they don't see you." He donned the helmet, but kept the visor open for now.

Kerry got her sneaking suit on and put her other equipment on the bag to keep it dry. She grinned at Leon and Luca's conversation.

- "No disrespect intended guys, but I don't follow orders from anyone but me...and my mission director...besides once we're inside it's every man for himself. Just stay alive guys, I'm looking forward at spending time with you to get to know you...since we're bound to work again from now on" - Kerry said.

Campbell walked right in.

- "Kerry is right, you'll be working together for now on....FOXDIE is now official, Leon will take the lead and Kerry will provide sniper fire if necesary. Try to avoid knocking out in hand to hand combat. Use your M9 to put the guards to sleep for several hours, we don't want them to know you are there...Also try not to be messy when you kill, blood stains will make the enemy suspicious" - Campbell said.

Luca smiled at Campbell's comment. He knew where to put a bullet so they wouldnt bleed so much, and that was a hard feat to accomplish with .50 caliber bullets (in like a dime out like a cash register i always say). He looked up at campbell,

-"Have the 'Ghosts' said what their demands are yet?"

Leon nodded, "I was wondering about that too, what their demands were. Also Colonel, I wanted to ask, can we incapacitate with melee if we can guarantee it'll be a one-hit takeout? If you mean the fact we don't want them to find any dead bodies, could simply render them unconcious with a hard blow to the head...as for killing...well...I tend to clean up my mess when I kill, and I do it quickly, so there won't be a problem with that." He turned and looked at Luca, "Here's a tip I'm sure you might already know. Under the armpit. Sure they'll bleed to death, but it won't be very visible to anyone outside, and by the time they find out what the cause was, he'll be dead."

He turned to Kerry and replied, "I realize you're a loner because you snipe, but think of it this way - as an infiltrationist, I can double as a spotter, not that you need one, from what I saw in the firing range, but one couldn't help just in case. This's a team effort, and even lone snipers need their backs covered."

Luca nodded at Leon's input,

-"Also, I make a better scout than a soldier, ive got the reflexes of a cat and senses just short of superhuman."

He turned to Kerry

"Excuse you in advance miss."

She looked puzzled, a moment later she burped. Luca smiled.

"I am also a skilled interrogator. Now im not trying to boast, but Ive made many a CO spill codes to the mainframes, not to satisfy any terrorist intentions, just to stroke my ego and prove that i can. Now that I think about it, just how skilled are the soldiers were going up against? Are they anything like the troops in Shadow Moses?"

Kerry nodded to Leon. The Colonel shook his head at Luca's question.

- "We recieved a call about them wanting fifty billion dollars in cash" - Campbell said - "They also said they'll execute the hostages if we don't agree to their demands in twelve hours" - Campbell said.

- "Great...every time is the same...a bunch of fanatics wanting money" - Kerry said.

- "We know these people are not fanatics, these are professionals and they must be stopped" - Campbell said.

Kerry turned to Leon.

- "I'm sorry it's just that everytime I've teamed up with someone they end up dead...I don't want that to happen to you guys" - Kerry said and looked down.

- "Right" - Campbell said to George - "Be ready and good luck."

Campbell exited the room and left to test their codec frequency.

There was a noise in her ear. Kerry heard it and touched her ear.

- "Can you all hear me?" - Campbell said his face in Kerry's monitor. (It's in the wrist)

- "Loud and clear Colonel" - Kerry said.

Leon chuckled. "Don't worry about us Kerry. Takes even more to take me down. My previous job, I took bullet wounds for sport, and broke limbs for entertainment...and that's not a joke. Besides, Kerry, you're working with the now best-of-the-best, there's no way you'll lose us unless one of us royally screws up," he said. He closed the visor on his helmet. He personally thought there was something else behind the motive for the money, but that was just him. Of course, he'd heard about Shadow Moses too, and that just made him more edgy. "As for the soldiers," he continued, his voice now sounding quite different due to his helmet, "I'm assuming they've received some genetic enhancement of the sort, like the Genome Soldiers, but even so, we're still superior in our talents, which is why we were chosen. You might have to go an additional mile or so to scare them or get what you want from them, but either way I think you can still pull it off."

When he received the message from the Colonel, he replied, "Crystal clear, sir."

"Yep, I gotcha," Lianne answered, seeming once more characteristically happy. The happiness was an act. Just the same as she would act the parts of certain VIPs or anyone else really, she was acting like the Lianne everyone else thought she was.

I live a complicated life, she told herself. Then, in a whisper, "Yep, yep, yep."

- "Good, now get inside the missile bay and get ready to be launched" - Campbell said.

They all went to the missile bay. The transports looked like big missiles. A soldier was there waiting for them.

- "Alright everyone, this vehicle will get you to the sewer system pipeline, but you'll have to swim from there to the top, don't worry about the smell, your diving suit will keep you dry and smell free" - the soldier said.

Kerry stepped inside her vehicle.

- "See you on the other side guys" - Kerry said and the hatch was closed.

The soldier pulled a lever and the missile was launched. Kerry drove the missile with the onboard controls. The familiar ring on her ears was audible again. Colonel Campbell was talking to her.

- "Alright, for mission purposes your codename will be Hawk instead of Hawk-eye...so Hawk, once you see the pipeline fire the onboard laser to cut the fence, this will help you and the others enter the place quicklier...after you go in, loose the vehicle and swim to the top of the pipeline, you will find a hatch, open it and go through it...the room you'll be in is the pump room...there shouldn't be much security there so don't worry" - Campbell said.

- "Understood sir" - Kerry said and she fired the laser once she got to the fence. Her diving suit was keeping her warm. The water was cold as hell, it was the south pole after all. She opened the hatch to swim out. She started swiming to up the pipeline until she reached a hatch. She opened it and waited for the others to arrive while she took off her diving suit and put on the rest of her equipment.

- "Ready and standing by" - Kerry said.

Back on the sub, the soldier turned to face the others.

- "Alright who goes next?" - the soldier asked.

Luca sped along in his tube, when Campbell buzzed in his ear,

-"Ok luca, for the mission, your name will be Strike. Hawk has already severed the entrance gate with her onboard laser, so getting in will be easier for you. When you arrive meet up with Hawk in the Pump Room. Good luck Strike."

Luca nodded. He noticed the gate Campbell was referring to, and ejected from the tube. He swam up through the pipeline until he reached the pump room. He saw Hawk changing into her outfit, and waited a moment (to watch...teeheehee) before making his presence known to her. He climbed out and began to change back into his uniform.

Leon drove his missle in the direction of the others with the controls, going through the previously cut hole.

As he went through, he received a message from Campbell, "As I noticed in your record, you've already earned the reputation of being called Shadow Wolf. That'll be your codename as usual, then, since you're used to it already," he said.

"Alright, thanks Colonel," he said shortly.

He then exited his hatch as the others did. He went up the pipeline to join the rest in the pump room.

"I half forgot how cold it was so far south," he commented.

Archived