Home

Gmax Helper

This is a basic helper program for working with vertice and uvw coordinates in gmax. Essentially it will allow you to copy and paste all three coordinates (x,y,z or u,v,w) to / from a given vertice or uvw. You can copy and paste one at a time or create a list of coordinates to replace as well as make and mark a map so you don't get confused as to which item is which. I generally use it to maintain symmetry when I'm modeling. I've also used it to copy / paste coordinates between two different models. Its also useful for replicating uvw maps for a 'left arm' after you've mapped a 'right arm'. This is just another small time saver. The executable is written in vb5 and is based entirely on the windows api.

From PCGameMods.

From my FileFront page.

The newest version (1.0.22) allows copying / pasting of complete objects rather than just vertice / uvw coordinates and is available from my website.

========================================================

Update: 01-20-2006

0) Minor fix to the form remembering its position if closed while in list and map mode.

1) Minor fixes to two buttons being clicked that would cause the program to error out under certain conditions.

2) Forgot to mention that when closed the program will remember its position on screen, but will reposition itself when restarted if even part of the form is offscreen. This is to prevent the form from being moved offscreen and you don't have access to it.

3) Forgot to mention that if your in list and map mode and the map disappears, one tap to either of the scrollbars will force it to repaint.

4) Added the ability to remove items from the list one by one. Select an item and right click on it.

Update: 01-23-2006 Version 1.0.21

0) Now contains the ability to capture text from the listener window to the clipboard

or to disk. Doesn't NWMax already do this? Not for me it doesn't. I've been doing

this the hard way up to now. So woohoo! This is a major help for me, at least.

(I've been trying to figure out how to do this in a manner that doesn't crash Gmax

for a while...) Generically, this could be used for any gmax script that writes to the

listener. (So it isn't necessarily limited to Kotor.)

A note here: If you have the clipboard viewer open while processing the

listener window, it will probably bail with a 'Can't open clipboard' error.

This part assumes a Kotor mdl ascii format:

(or at least uses the node - endnode / beginmodelgeom - endmodelgeom

format.)

If you choose 'Save Listener to Disk' and you select an existing ascii model file in

the "Save As" dialog, it will replace the node if it already exists or append the node

to the model (just before endmodelgeom) if it doesn't. The text in the listener

MUST be a node to do this. If it doesn't find 'node somename' it will bail.

(The file extension does NOT have to be mdl for this to work, as long as it follows

the format above.)

The program will offer to backup your file before modifying it.

Archived