Home

Feedback Welcome

Troop combat- Grouping felt ok, I wish you could group units in more than 1 group: eg if I wanted to group speeders in group 1 the group everything I have as group 2 and be able to switch back and forth. The combat itself was odd, I wish the blaster shots were less accurate though! Seems as though they were always 100% accurate and that it took a certain number of shots to take out a unit. It may be more fun, among other things, to have them miss more but increase the damage done per shot. Maybe 2 or 3 hits per kill but like 5 misses for every hit or something. Give it some variation!

I like that idea a lot!!!! I think it works so much better!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a fascinating demo, but it really doesnt give you a real feel of what we can expect in the release version of the game. I LOVE THE SPACE BATTLE!!!!!!!!! petro exceeded my expectations with this, i was really hoping that it would give a great 3-D space feel... and it did. two thoughts thou... no imperials, and i was hoping for a couple more planets.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Scale was something they decided not to work on in the game from the outset, although some small adjustments seem to have been made

DMUK

A few thoughts.

- Maps, space and land, felt very small... :/ bit disappointed was expecting larger maps.

- Land battles were to fast, found it hard at times to concentrate on what was going on, perhaps thats just because im new to the game. It all felt very hectic anyway, never got much chance to line my men up, attack in formation, plan my attacks, my final attack was a "charge everyone in" not fun, not what I wanted to do.

- Space ships, the space ships, larger ones, Aclamator, Victory etc, the scale just didnt seem right, they seem squashed and smaller than they should perhaps be, could just be a trick of the eye though but I want my large ships to feel and look large and impressive.

It wasn’t exactly what I was expecting, but solid never-the-less. Looks like it will be a great game.

My thoughts:

- Better camera controls - mouse 3 should preferably control camera rotation without aid from another button.

- A unit and group list in battle so I can easily and quickly see what forces I have deployed with one click select for units and groups (plus control, and shift modifiers) preferably with icons showing status (attacking, defending, idle, etc).

- Units in the thick of battle (especially fighters in space) sitting around after they complete an order - at the very least they should if superiority go after fighters and if bombers go after cap ships until I reassign. Or even assignments for groups - go after fighters, go after capital ships, target hard points until I command otherwise type thing.

- Not being able to retreat from space combat, not sure if that was a bug.

- It would be nice to have the ability for individual units and ships to retreat (and more unit options in general, stand groud, formations, etc) maybe at a percentage of their value especially in ground combat since it requires a dropship, plus any repair costs, then after a time redeploy as reinforcements fully restored.

- Better balance of unit numbers, for example 5 tanks seems a bit extreme for how powerful they are. The easiest way to win the demo is to load up 10+ tanks which equates to 50 on the map and rush once the big turrets are destroyed. It also gets kind of crowded considering the size of the map otherwise it’d be fine.

- Large turrets seem a little too tough. They should definitely be able to dish it out, but they take it a little to well. There’s no point in even approaching them which should be an option, if a costly one, if you don’t have artillery/bombers.

- Having double-click send units to the first stack of the same type of units in orbiting fleets, or sends them to the surface, basically just a little bit more love on the interface in general to optimize it a bit and make it a little more user friendly. Considering this is real time I suspect that’s going to be important.

- The ability for artillery to target the ground - maybe I missed it, but it doesn’t seem to be an option.

- Battles seem to end almost as soon as they begin - ships especially should be able to take a lot more punishment. Just by their sheer mass these things should be able to take immense amounts of punishment which isn’t something that has been demonstrated well outside the movies.

- Scale has been mentioned, but I’ll add my voice to it.

- Cleaner unit movment, seemed somewhat sluggish and unorganized and generally just doesn't have a good feel to it.

- Larger maps, both planet and space seemed small and overly crowded for what they represented.

- The ability to create or activate (perhaps over time if you control a planet for long periods) more base locations on a planet so we can have extended campaigns on the ground, this also ties into the “small maps” comment - just seems odd it’s a one shot deal for an entire planet and isn’t very engaging. At the very least more populous planets should have more base locations.

- Something for infantry to do, the ability to dig/garrison a trench, group and follow tanks so they work in tandem, planet explosives, or something that gives them a little more purpose, as it is they seem out of place almost and generally not very helpful.

- An engineer unit that can place build pads at a price, ontop of actually using the pad - I think it would add to the battles in a positive way.

- Large turrets seem a little too tough. They should definitely be able to dish it out, but they take it a little to well. There’s no point in even approaching them which should be an option, if a costly one, if you don’t have artillery/bombers.

the artillery can destroy them easy enough without getting shot at but you need to see em (i had the map upgrade by the merchant) or a bombing run can do it

Capture it with Chewbacca.

----------------

-One another thing. The shield generator and engine hardpoints on ships seems to be pointless because ships can still move without engine and restore shield without shield generators. I think shields and movement should be disabled completely when you blow up those hardpoints.

Well I have to say that I really have never been much into RTS but due to it being Star Wars I had to try it out. And with that said I will be getting the full version as soon as it comes out. I spent about 2 hours last night playing the game and I have to admit I really liked it.

The tutorials were great they walked you though just about everything ( minus the camera rotation ) of which has been stated that particular tutorial might not have made it into the demo.

This will be my next SWG at least for the part that I can play in the Star Wars universe.

Thanks guys for what seems to be a great game. Oh and the one thing that I really like is the feed back from Petroglyph. Its nice to see a game company actually show interest in the players feed back.

One of the Best Demos i ever played. :smash::smash::smash:

And that was just 1% of the whole game!!!

Great Potential for the Final game. :vsd::vsd::vsd:

Graphics(all at Highest +AF16x)looks awesome.

The Music makes you feel and breathe and taste the whole STAR WARS feeling and atmosphere.

Its just to early to say something about Balance(although the Falcons ability is uber)

Artillary is abit too good (only vulnerable from air)

Unit production times have been mentioned.

Camera angles and movements are good (could need some minor improvement)

Overall great job PETRO :fett2::r2d2::thmbup1:

Im looking forward for the final release

rdy to kick some imperials out of space.

I have to say, it was great playing through the demo and I loved every bit of it, nice job PG. :thumb: Now, for some questions and so on.

1. At times I noticed when trying to click on certain hardpoints on Star destroyers and Acclimator, some other hardpoints would be closer. For example, I was hitting the hanger HP and other hardpoints such as laser HP would be very close. Anyway you could make them stand out a little better? (Only one I can think of atm)

1. At times I noticed when trying to click on certain hardpoints, some other hardpoints would be closer. For example, I was hitting the hanger HP and other hardpoints such as laser HP would be very close. Anyway you could make them stand out a little better? (Only one I can think of atm)

Ya exactly. It would be very cool to have an "order" menu for your forces, such that you make an order for a group of xwings to go attack this unit and attack this unit's shield generator. That way when you are in the heat of battle you can select your order and hit execute! Would be very cool, you could just put the orders in a drop down box and have an "execute" button next to it. Would be sweet!

Alot of people aren't reading the suggestions in the game because the large turrets can be taken out by infantry and bombing runs which are very powerful. The Demo is awesome and people are complaining that its too hard which it was in the begining, but now playing the demo way too much I've learned to beat the whole galactic conquest part in 10 or 15 minutes on hard. MY only question to the Dev team, are the tie bombers more direct and more accurate than the Y-wings on purpose and is it along the same lines as the Rebel and Empire Artillery units?(different styles of warheads and different style of attack)

I really loved the demo, after finishing it I found I wanted more. Now I also had difficulty the first time I played the land battle, though now that I have familirized myself with the game it isnt too bad. Im happy, as I havent had a real challenge in a while. I can't wait to see the game with the galatic AI on and more AI in space and land. It is going to be one hell of a game :D.

I really liked just about everything in the demo, although I along with almost everyone wish it would have been bigger it does accomplish the task of creating anticipation for the final product.

Great job petro!!! :)

Ithink the demo is pretty good. Graphics are nice & the Star Wars feel is there.

HOWEVER - the action is way too fast. During the ground battle I feel like it is just a point and click frenzy - it does detract from the fun. I hope they tune it down so that the game feels more strategic and not just a fast paced version of rock paper & scissors.

Overall the game does look promising!

Some feedback.

Any way to let you keep fighting until the enemy is completely obliterated? I hate it when I am giving it good to the Imperials, then they retreat; but do I not get the pleasure of whiping out all left in sight? Instead of instant victory over, move on.

I want to gloat over my deeds for a moment :) Take in the sights of my new conquered planet.

The capital ships should last longer in battle. Space battles are just too franic. I like a bit longer epic battle ;)

The camera controls especially in land battles are not "user friendly". Hard to zoom, orbit position camera angle.

Other things have been mentioned. (Galactic movement and build time was increased for demo I read).

The other thing that i would change is the end. I mean when you finish galactic conquest I think the victory should be celebrated more, instead of just saying you won and putting up your combat efficiency on a screen. Maybe it is different when you win galactic conquest in full version, but if it's not, I think it should be changed. I would like to see courascant celebrating and other planets, like at the end of episode VI. Do you know what I mean?

Archived