Home

Star Wars: A Broken Galaxy

Three years after the dark Sith lord Revan came to power, when the Dark side of the Force cast a shadowy, evil veil over the galaxy, the Jedi in hiding came out, willing to fight and help piece back together to shattered remains of the Galaxy.

Most of the Jedi had fallen to the Dark side by force or volunteering during Revan's reign. The Dark side is a threat on every world, scaring civilians and Rebels, for the power of the the Sith was infinite. The Jedi council has been reborn on Dantooine, away from the eyes of the Sith, and are secretly planning an uprise against them.

Several Sith Lords have risen to power. Darth Tergis (Revan's right-hand Sith) has been tracking down these Jedi who are going to planets. He and his men have been tracking, ambushing, and slaughtering the Jedi wherever they are found. Their interests have piqued about Force sensitives too, for they have the 'capability' to become Sith Lords instead of Jedi Knights.

The Mandalorians have made several outposts on different worlds and are the same old, rough, senseless army. Yet, they are more organized and skillful than ever. They are under the new Mandalore, Canderous Ordo. Canderous has a background with Revan, but has turned to the Dark Side. They currently have a truce with the Jedi, but being with the Sith, we know the truce won't last long.

The Republic is being led by Carth Onasi, and currently are at war with the Sith. They have a truce with the Mandalorians and the Jedi, but are helping the Jedi with their 'Rebellion' against the Sith. Secretly, that is.

Even though the power and lure of the Dark side is tough, the Jedi have banned together and they have been most resilient. Tracking down Force sensitives on planets nearby and training the Jedi they already have, the Jedi council has a plan, a plan that will hopefully bring peace back to the post apocalyptic Galaxy..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Character: Argus Rand

Species: Human

Bio: Sensitive to the Force but unawares. His astro droid "Sneaky" is his best friend and close companion. Survivor of the battle at Citadel Station and currently on assignment on Deralia.

A twenty year old star pilot for the Republic named Argus Rand somehow senses an impending doom approaching the world of Deralia. Not knowing of his sensitive nature to the Force, he went through life taking risks where no one else would. This darkness plaguing the planet was nothing new but there was something different about it; something was coming. He looked at his T4 astromech, his loyal companion ever since he built him and said, "Sneaky, I have a bad feeling about this."

(Long post, but read, it helps.)

Name: Matthew O'Kari

Race: Human

Rank/Job: Jedi Knight-Consular

Weapons: Green Double-bladed lightsaber

Home planet:Alderaan

His hands dance around the controls of his Jedi Starfighter as he tries to stabilize it after being hit in the left wing. "Try to cut off power to the left wing seven-two!" The astromech droid beeped and whirred as it was struck with a laser, blowing it up in a blaze of electricity. "Oh..Man." He touches a couple of buttons near his rear-view view screen. He sees two Sith Starfighters trailing him. "Force don't fail me now..." He looked back forward and smirked as he punched in a couple of controls for the directions. A small joystick emerged from the center console. "Manual Override." A voice said behind him in a mechanical manner "Manual Override commencing." He growled a little as he was hit in the back of the ship by a blaster shot, then another las whizzed past the right side of his starfighter. He headed towards the closest planet. "Computer, what system are we in?" "Deralian system, home of th-" "No need for introductions, what's the closest planet with a landing pad?" "Deralia." "Then lets go." He pressed on the throttle hard, speeding forward, a tail of black, opaque smoke trailing behind him. He pulled back hard, then let loose on the throttle, giving no speed. His ship pulled into a backflip as the two Sith starfighters speeded under him. He re-instated himself in his position and fired two missles, both spiraling around each other headed for one of the starfighters. Bingo. One of the starfighters exploded and bits of it went flying everywhere. He dove for the planet as the other starfighter seemed to change interests. "We're coming in hard, prepare the brake flaps." "Preparing flaps." The computer said. "Failure to prepare flaps." He sighed. He eased up on the throttle as he landed roughly on a smuggling landing pad, skidding forward, then sideways on a bed of sparks. He breathed a sigh of relief as he landed, quickly leaping out and taking off towards the closest sign of cover. He crouched behind a small metal box as the fighter exploded, reducing that area of the landing area to rubble. "There's no telling when they'll realize a ship just exploded in a smuggler's shuttle area.. " He stood up and ran towards the closest door to the city, flipping his robe's hood up and concealing his Jedi attire and his unique elongated saber hilt.

Argus saw the explosion on the smuggler's dock and thought, "Somebody trespassed again." He knew that smugglers fought over use of that particular dock considering that it used to belong to Davik and had been given orders to leave it be. He felt an impulse to head in that direction but being one that had a large streak in loyalty, he tried to resist. He couldn't and decided to jump in his speeder and head in that direction. Telling his friend Sneaky to follow him he made his way to his landspeeder. Along the way he said, "I don't why Sneaky but I have to go. Something is telling me to go there."

((I'll also play a Sith Lord. His name is Darth Tergis and is obsessed with the destruction of the Jedi Order whether they turn to the darkside or die in combat. The particular thorn in his side is Master Matthew O'Kari who has managed to escape time and time again. He also has a special ability of making your worst fears become reality through the Force.))

Above the system Deralia, a blackhooded figure stood on the bridge of the Sith command ship The Avenger silently gazing at the planet below. Speaking in a low menacing tone, he spoke to his lieutenant, "Send two patrols to the surface and find the Jedi O'Kari. Show no mercy to those that harbor him."

"As you wish Lord Tergis."

Darth Tergis continued to gaze at the planet and said, "Soon I will have a new apprentice, if O'Kari doesn't get him first."

((That's all good, seems fair. I'm gonna make the things.. or whatever fight me now, kay? I'm itching for a fight.))

Stops for a moment, resting on the side of a building, catching his breath from the running. "Knowing this planet, there's no telling what will happen to me if i'm caught.." He looked around and headed into an alley, leaning against the brick wall. He flipped down his hood. His short, black hair coming unfolded and resting on the sides of his head, his bangs falling short of his eyes, but covering his eyebrows.

He heard faint footsteps from behind him. He spun around quickly, reaching into his robe and withdrawing his lightsaber with his right hand. He didn't ignite it, but kept it ready at his side. A small girl walked up to him, dressed in ragged clothing and had dirt caked all over her. He put away his saber and kneeled down. "Hey little girl, what are you doing here?" He asked, watching her slowly step back.

Something clicked in his mind. He stood up, grabbing his lightsaber and jumping up just as a red flash of light swept past his current position. He pulled into a graceful backflip and landed in the street near the entrance of the alleyway. "No.. anywhere but here.." He said to himself, igniting his lightsaber with his right thumb, holding the double-bladed green saber in one hand.

Another Dark Jedi uncloaked behind him, as the one who attacked him first realized that Matthew was behind him now. Matthew sighed a little, grabbing the lightsaber in both hands and twirling it around his head and charging forward to the first Dark Jedi. He spun it vertically forward as he lept in the air over the Jedi, dipping the saber's top blade low as he cleared the jump, but the Dark Jedi ducked under it, making the energy blade slice across the ground, leaving a long scorch mark. Matthew landed in a crouch, his back facing the two attackers.

He looked up at the girl from under his bangs. "Run," he said in a desperate voice. The girl took his advice and ran off. Matthew spun the saber over his head and twirled backward, bringing his foot around with his saber as he twirled, swinging directly under a jumping Jedi. He took this advantage and stood up, pivoting in place, holding the saber straight vertically and twirling it, the blade slicing through the Jedi which was over his head, dropping two sides of the Dark Jedi's body on either side of him. He faced the other Dark Jedi, twirling the saber and resting it under his arm with one hand, not letting it touch clothing.

He charged toward the other Jedi, the double saber in his right arm, glowing with the wind. (Like Darth Maul running.. BattleFront II if you will). He pulled it forward with both hands and twirled it around his body as he came close to the Jedi, he twirled it on either side of him with both hands, each blade striking the Jedi's lightsaber's blade. With the last contacted hit to the Jedi's blade, he stopped and swung hard, hitting the hilt and the Jedi's hand, slicing the hand, and the lightsaber hilt in half, making the Jedi drop the saber. He twirled and threw out his right leg in a roundhouse. His boot smashing into the Jedi's right cheek and making him recoil and spin backwards onto the ground. He walked over to the Jedi and put his foot on the Jedi's chest, putting the top of the saber's forward blade near the Jedi's neck.

"Leave, or you won't have the choice to."

The Jedi backed up and took off as Matthew's saber blades dropped back down into the hilt. He put the saber into his sash again and flipped his hood up, walking into the street, wiping off beads of sweat from his brows.

((sheesh.. done))

Darth Tergis was getting more angry yet he kept it controlled as he felt his dark Jedi being cut down by the Jedi O'Kari. He was so angry he projected his anger through the Force towards O'Kari You will not destroy my plans Jedi. I will see you dead before the destruction of the Jedi!

Meanwhile, Argus was racing through the lanes of Deralia trying to get to the smuggler's dock. They had just touched down when he felt a cold anger, Darth Tergis', though he didn't know what it was at the time. Shaking it off he asked Sneaky to run a diagnostic on the crashed vessel. He didn't see three dark Jedi closing in on him.

Stops for a second, feeling the anger and hearing the projected message. He turns around and runs back to the dock, something clicking in his mind. He withdrew his double-lightsaber and spun it over his head, he threw off his robe and skidded on the ground, throwing the lightsaber towards the man, the saber barely passing him and hitting something solid as it passed by. The Dark Jedi uncloaked and fell to the ground in two pieces, his saber gracefully spinning back to his hand. He walked over to the man, the saber blades sinking back into the hilt. "What are you doing here?" He said, looking a little worried that he might have put this man's life in danger.

Argus, more shocked than afraid said, "I would ask the same thing Master Jedi. I came to investigate the crash here on the smuggler's platform, rather something told me I should come here to look."

Seeing the concerned look on the Jedi's face he then said, "Master Jedi, we should leave. If smugglers or the Sith find you, they could kill you," then speaking to Sneaky, the droid summoned the speeder and Argus motioned for the Jedi to follow.

High above Darth Tergis was roaring in anger. He ended up using force wave on one of his men, sending him into a console and killing him. To his second in command he said, "Ready my ship. I'm going to kill that Jedi one way or another. Land troops beyond the energy fields and deploy the fleet so that nothing gets off the system," and Tergis stormed towards the hangar where his ship was. The second in command said, "As you wish Lord Tergis."

Matthew nodded and grabbed his robe and donned it, putting his left hand out to the left, palm outward. A strong gust of energy knocked the cloaking off of a Dark Jedi and made him fly backward into the starfighter, knocking himself unconscious. "I agree..but.. eh.. that can wait until later.." He nodded to himself, following the young man.

After take off, the gust sent the last Dark Jedi flying into the wreckage. Argus guided the speeder to one of the low run districts on Deralia. He landed it in a small bay that was cleverly concealed. Speaking to the Jedi he said, "This is a safe house I made. I know it's a bit run down but it's out of sight and most people don't even know what it is." Seeing the look on the Jedi's face he continued, "Don't worry Master Jedi. I'm not a smuggler or anyting like that. I'm just a pilot for the Republic. This is the place I like to come to when I want to be alone. It's got a life to it."

"Master, I've failed to seize the one you..."

"You have failed me for the last time," Tergis was Force choking the dark Jedi that had been knocked unconcious, "The penalty for failure is death," and the dark Jedi died.

Looking around, Tergis closed his eyes and let his senses run amok. Opening them he smiled, "We are getting close."

The Jedi finally breathed a sigh of relief. "Safe house.. hopefully it's safe.." He looked around, taking off his robe and letting his Jedi Attire be fully seen. His long hilt was tucked into his sash with a small hook and his boots were half metal, half rubber. He had rubber/metal shoulder platings and his main overral attire was colorful and distinguished, almost tribal. "Alright, come with me, we have much to discuss.." He headed into the next room and sat down on a small chair, motioning for him to sit near him. "Alright..I originally thought coming to this planet was an accident, but it seems the Force has guided me here." He stared into the man's eyes with concern. "I believe me being here has put you to the test, as my kind is being hunted." He straightened back up. "It's easy to tell that you are strong in the force. With proper training and patience, you may become a Jedi." He coughed a little. "Maybe if you were younger.. the Jedi might take you in for training, but as for the moment, it is not my place to speak of such matters."

"Me a Jedi? Nah. Besides I've had these types of things happen to me all my life. If Sneaky could speak a sentient language he would tell ya himself."

Argus then got up and turned on a power light as it was getting dark. He then came back with a cup of tea in his hand and handed it to the Jedi. Sitting down he said, "How did you end up on this planet?"

He sighed a little and set the tea down. "Well, I was heading to Dantooine to talk to my master when I was attacked by several Sith starfighters. I was hit and my droid was destroyed, so I crash landed on that smuggler's platform. They know i'm here, and they won't stop until i'm killed." He stood up. "The thing is, i'm asking you to come with me. This world will be invaded and taken over by the Sith even more so. I'm going to Dantooine, soon. Since i'm going there anyway, I was hoping you would come with me, to train to be a Jedi. I'm sure you would make a great Jedi. With your Mechanical abilities and your sense of courage and bravery, i'm sure you would be a great Jedi. But that is your own decision."

Taking some time to ponder his response, Argus played with the pendant that he had ever since he could remember. When he decided he said, "Master Jedi I'll help you find a way off this world. If they are looking for you, then the first thing is to deploy their fleet to make sure nothing gets off the system. The planet will be under quarantine. Still I know of a ship that is just off the smuggler's platform you just crashed on. It has been there for awhile and no one has laid claim to it so it's under the protection of the Republic for now. We could use the ship to break the quarantine. There is just one problem however."

Darth Tergis was racing his speeder throughout the sector where the Jedi's ship crashed. He was so angry and frustrated because the people, the noise was getting to be too much. He contacted his lieutenants and ordered the patrols to be sent down and declare martial law, "Find that Jedi. Show no mercy," and he went back to his command vessel to get away from all the noise.

"Of course I wouldn't have it any other way. The problem is that we have to get to the lower levels first. Remember I said that the ship belonged technically to the Republic, well the launch codes were stolen by a gang called Brejik's Boys. Some retaliation feeling after what happened on Taris. The difficulty is getting into the back door. The first obstacle is to get to the lower levels first."

"True but the platform where the ship is, well it's guarded by droids. I happen to know what models they are. Pure pazaak to get by them," then Sneaky began to warble his beeps and whistles. Listening Argus said, "Right Sneaky. Garin can get us in the base and he'll be in the cantina in the lower levels," then turning to O'Kari, he said, "We better hurry. We don't have much time."

He motioned to O'kari to follow him back to the speeder and they headed towards the lower levels of the cities.

"No but they are supposed to be the best security/protocol droids out right now though I suspect they are more than that. I say supposed because they can be easily tricked, if you know what to say. The reason I suspect they are more that because they having a liking for violence, almost as if they were built for it."

Darth Tergis had returned to his ship and was gazing out the window. He was thinking, Come out, come out wherever you are. You can't escape tiny Jedi.

"What is it Master Jedi?" Argus asked. Then Sneaky began to beep wildly. Out of the blue, two dark Jedi appeared. One said menacingly, "Lord Tergis is most dipleased that you managed to escape him but this time, you shall go no farther."

Argus put a hand on the handle of his blaster but it was whisked away by one of the dark Jedi. Rather indignantly he said, "Give it back!" and the blaster soared back into his hand and he made ready to fire.

Matthew turned around and withdrew his double bladed saber, not igniting it. "Why? Do you wish to capture or kill me? Or.. just talk, because I won't fight unless I have to.." When he saw the blaster get flung back to Argus's hand, his eyes widened. He mumbled something under his breath about potential as he waited for the Dark Jedi's answer.

"Surely you must know why Jedi. Our master wishes the Sith to rule," and the dark Jedi ignited their lightsaber. "Now enough talk!"

Argus fired a few shots but they were deflected. Sneaky was trying to get the elevator activated which had been locked by the dark Jedi. Argus put away his blaster and charged at the the dark Jedi. The Jedi was rather stunned by the sudden charge and was not ready for when Argus grabbed the wrist holding the lighsaber and tried to pry it away. They were locked in a deathgrip for life and survival.

He ignited his double lightsaber and charged after the other Jedi. He jumped into the air and spun, spinning in air, his lightsaber blades striking the other Jedi's blade, knocking it in random directions. A couple strikes to the Jedi's lightsaber, and the Dark Jedi finally came on an offensive, striking out towards Matthew violently. He roughly blocked the Dark Jedi's strikes and knocked them away. He twirled and hit the Jedi's lightsaber hard with his back blade. Matthew let the blades slide back in his hilt as he spun around and kicked hard towards the now-open for attack Dark Jedi, hitting him in the chest and making him fall backwards and skid a few feet. Matthew sheathed his lightsaber and put his hand out towards the Jedi, the Dark Jedi's lightsaber was yanked from his hand and it flew to Matthew's. He ignited the saber and walked to the Dark Jedi. The Jedi ran towards him, defenseless. Matthew spun to the side, around him, with the ignited red saber held out to the side, horizontally. The Jedi ran right through the blade, falling to the ground in two pieces. Matthew twirled back around and let the saber blades slide back into the hilt. He glanced over at Argus, tossing the saber on the ground near him. 'Let the force move through you Argus, you can do this,' he projected his thoughts.

Archived