Home

Star Wars: A Broken Galaxy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Uh we left Coruscant. You are welcome to follow))

Argus didn't say anything as they went to council chambers. He never once looked at the council or his master as Mathew went into a tirade over what happened. Inside his mind, he was trying to figure out why the treatment. 'What did I do?'

A few murmured words were heard as they spoke, but most of it was irrelevant, except one sentence 'he is too young and brash' stood out, one of the masters spoke that sentence.

"Argus, we have finished." Matthew said, walking over to him. "The Masters wish to speak with you about your treatment."

Argus faced the council alone. He ended up tuning out what they said, the criticisms but one kept insisting, "He is still with us. Tergis found his weakness but we can train him to resist."

"His fate will be decided later."

The council then was trying to decide on what to do about Yavin. There was a settlement of Belosians who colonized there and were being threatened by Tergis' men. Argus suggested that they should contact Belos for reinforcements. He was ignored for his pains but he could tell that Master Valia was listening.

Argus was dismissed and he hid from everyone by sitting next to his favorite structure. He had a view of the council chambers and watched as the masters argued with Matthew there. It was raining and he didn't care that he was getting wet. He just watched. The one who kept fighting for him was Master Valia. He was grateful that she believed in him. He gazed at the puddle on the ground at his reflection. When he looked up, he saw his master walk out and the chambers grow dark. He then knew what he had to do.

In the dark of night he disgarded his Jedi robes and put on his smuggler's outfit. With deliberate care, he cut his hair shorter (think like a box cut). On his belt he put his lightsaber and a blaster in the holster. Making his way to first Mathew's quarters, he placed his robes and with Master Valia he left a datapad. In the hangar, he selected the fighter that he had stolen and as the thunder crashed, he took off. He was going to help the Belosians. All he had for a companion was a small furry creature that he had found on Dantooine. He had left Sneaky behind. He looked forward and tried not to look back as the fighter went into hyperspace.

Maj thought that Dantooine was amazing. All the rolling plains and hills. The wild animals and mostly friendly people. He began to feel really at peace, he had been pretty uptight about his escape from Coruscant. He was also amazed at all the jedi on Dantooine. "If only i could be a jedi"Maj thought wistfully.

Argus heard Mathew call through the Force but chose not to respond. Mathew was getting into his fighter when Master Valia came out holding a datapad. She showed it to him. All it said was "Thank you for believing in me but I must do this and I hope you can forgive me."

She looked at Mathew and said, "We must go after him, he could be captured or worse killed. There is a danger though. If he is undercover and we reveal him, he will be."

Master Valia noticed Maj going around the grounds. She called to him and asked if he had seen Argus.

Tergis was calm. More calm than he had been since they escaped Deralia. He knew Mathew had a weakness for his padawan and he had struck where it would hurt the most. He was on his ship issuing orders, "Yavin will be next. The arrogant governor of Belos challenged me when he sent those colonists. We must send him a message."

"Maybe so but if anything, there are more colonists than one could count. Though the settlements are isolated and there is going to be even more there. The Governor of Belos is arriving to assess the situation. Besides, I believe the masters already know," Master Valia replied. She was worried that Argus was doing this to prove something. She didn't voice it and kept her thoughts to herself, even hidden from the other masters. After facing Matthew, she made like she was going to think but instead decided to find him herself and took off.

Argus had made it to Yavin IV without mishap. He was going to try join the army and was contemplating how outside the camp near the river. His furry friend, whom he named Khan was his evaluator. "Ok how about this," and Argus made a swagger like a Belosian and ended up dropping his bag. He threw a small pebble at his friend who was laughing at him, "I'm working on it. It's going to be hard walking to get me into the army."

Deciding he had nothing else to lose, he hid the fighter in the brush and walked to the entrance of the camp. He was viewed rather strangely. He looked like a Belosian but his manner differed from the others. He was shocked at some of the violent behavior that they had. A tough, burly guy looked at him and said, "You want a piece of me?"

"Not really."

"Too bad," and he took a swing.

Argus ducked and tried to get away. The burly one who was called Bronc ended up hitting his friend Laerdes. The fight then started and Argus tried to hide as they began fighting.

Little did Argus and his companion know, they were being watched. Actually stalked by a bounty hunter."shall I kill them, Lord Gystow?" asked the hunter, with a look of fear in his unseen eyes. "That won't be nessicary, not yet. Just keep watching... Study and record their behavior. I want to know as much as possible about those who dare interfere with our movement. You see, a sudden blast to the head is nowhere near the punishment they owe to me!" His voice had grown stronger and angrier, so he no longer sounded like a man. "I will use these 'heroes' to send a message throughout the entire galaxy... The time of the sith is now!"

The bounty hunter stood, shaking at the intensity of the Sith's voice. When he was able to speak, he replied " Yes, my lord."

Tergis had landed his troops and himself on Yavin IV's surface and had begun the pillage to the main port where the governor was. The quickest way on foot was through the mountain passes. He had a feeling that he would meet up with little Argus again and Mathew. He sensed a female in the near future and looked forward to it.

Argus was thinking, 'Fine spot I'm in and I wonder why a bounty hunter is watching me. At this rate, it'll take a miracle for me to stay in this unit.' He was trying to slink away and let the others fight for themselves. He made his way near a tent, his commanding officer's tent who was in session.

Hopping in his Jedi Starfighter, he sent a message to the female Jedi Master he was recently speaking with. I'm going to Yavin IV on my own. I have to find Argus. He switched on the engines and took off into the air, typing in a few numbers into a nearby keypad and pulling a lever near the steering shift, lurching into hyperspace.

Argus felt his hairs rise on the back of his neck. With an uncontrolled Force Wave, he sent the Bounty Hunter flying into the trees and ended up antagonizing the already fighting men some more. The last thing he remembered was being grabbed by a hand and flung into the fray. Inside the tent was the General and his daughter Sha-ron. He was explaining the situation and told her that she would train the new recruits and the walk ons. The council to the governor, Gisan, was to give a report in three weeks. When they walked outside, they came upon men who were brawling. The General told his daughter good luck and took the main troops to the mountain passes. Gisan said, "Day one."

Sha-ron took a determined stance having trained in combat since she was very little. With a loud and commanding voice she said, "Soldiers!"

The fighting stopped at the sound. All the men looked and quickly moved away to reveal Argus claiming that he started it. Argus was rather intimidated by her in that she wouldn't back down. He stood up and got into an attention pose. She looked at him in scrutiny and said, "I don't need anyone causing trouble in my camp."

When he just meekly stood there she demanded, "What's your name?"

Argus began to stammer, "I..uh...uh"

"Your commanding officer just asked you a question," Gisan posed.

"My name is...Kaedra."

"Kaedra?" Sha-ron cocked her brow.

"Yes, my name is Kaedra," Argus said. He remembered the name from somewhere and it was the first one he could think of.

Seeming satisfied, Sha-ron faced the other men, "OK gentlemen, thanks to your new friend Kaedra here, you'll spend tonight picking up every single piece of hardware. Then tomorrow, the real work begins," and she turned about to see if any would challenge the order.

Bronc, Laerdes and a third rather roly poly bloke named Tuarang scowled at Argus when she wasn't looking. Argus almost winced at it. Even here he wasn't liked. Khan, who had hidden in Argus' pouch whispered that he would have to work on his people skills. (He chittered at him). The work cleaning up wasn't so bad and Argus wmade his tent slightly away from the others so he could sleep.

Master Valia had made her way to the main starport on Yavin IV called Garanga. She docked her ship and hoped to be able to systematically search the planet. The problem was that it seemed that everyone was coming to the starport and the planet to see the governor and defen their people. Those that lived in the Avalonian system and those that chose to live in the Republic. Valia remembered why it was said that they were numerous. They could easily outnumber the Republic fleet but they never had the inclination to do so. She was walking through the port when she was stopped by none other than the governor herself. She explained that she was looking for someone and that he could be at one of the settlements. The governor said that she might as well look through a haystack because the official settlements were rather isolated and there many more uncharted settlements deep within the jungles. Valia didn't want to give up hope but she opted to remain in the port with the governor and hope that Argus would turn up. She sent Mathew a message He may be here but his presence is masked and the great evil is on the frontier.

The dark lord walked to the main central computer on Heramppa, a planet he had conquered long ago, back when his master still lived. The native species all took the oppurtunity to bow before returning to their never-ending labour. Surprisingly, most liked Gystow. He treated them all much better than the republic had. He made them strong and independent, if they were strong enough to rebel, he allowed it. Those who were powerful enough to challange the administration did, and eventually became a part of it. While at first it was considered selling out, tradition had aged it into an honor.

"Give me the co-ordinates of Hellmsi the Bounty hunter." He ordered the computer. The computer hummed and then showed the Hunter's location. "Status?" The computer buzzed "Alive" it quickly responded. " The sith lord frowned, "Allow me to communicate with him." The computer screen suddenly transformed into a close up picture of the bounty hunter. "Waking up, Hellmsi?" asked the sith sarcasticly. " Milord I-I was defeated by the rebel. He's a jedi, and..." "Enough!" ordered Gystow, " If you don't bring me at least one of the rebels, I will destroy you and your beloved homeworld!" Hellmsi was shocked, " You wouldn't! You can't!" Darth Gystow smiled sadisticly, " Oh Hellmsi, you know I can. But if you do what your told I might have a change of heart. Are we clear?" Hellmsi sighed "Yes my lord."

It was early in the morning when Khan woke up Argus and said that the troops were getting ready. Scrambling like crazy, he got dressed and hurried to meet the rest of the troops.Gisan was trying to get some order by calling, "Order. People order!"

"I'd like Avarian bird."

"Sweet and pungent sukyu!"

"That's not funny," and Gisan walked off.

Laerdes noticed that Argus had come and said, "Look who slept in this morning. Hello Kaedra. Are you hungry?"

Argus was going to say something when he was grabbed by Bronc who said, "You know. I owe you a knuckle sandwich," and made ready to swing when they were interrupted by Sha-ron who was dressed like one of the Handmaidens of Belos, thr legendary ones. She grabbed a pike spear and said, "You will assemble swiftly and silently. Anyone who can't comply, will answer to me."

"Ooo, tough girl."

"Bronc," and Sha-ron aimed it at Bronc but ended up throwing the spear to the topof a pole, "Thank you for volunteering. Now retrieve it."

Argus could tell that some of the men disliked being told off by a woman. He was actually impressed. She, in a way, was like Master Valia who never backed down. He watched as she added weights to each of Bronc's arms, "This represents discipline and the other represents strength. Both are needed to reach the arrow."

One by one the men tried to retrieve the spear. All ended up sliding down the pole. Argus was the last one and he felt ashamed as he watched her exasperated look. All she sadi was, "We've got a long way to go."

He slowly made his descent upon the planet, landing in a clearing near the outpost Argus was at. As his ship landed, he shut off the console and leapt out of it, sprinting into the jungle, weaving through the trees. He didn't want to blow his cover, but he still wanted to talk. He slowed down as he neared the entrance. He flipped his hood over his head and walked towards the guards.

"Well.. hello there.." he said in his usual Tavarian accent. (I believe that's the British accent in Star Wars)

((Well keep in mind that you can't recognize him and b/c he changed his appearance. I don't know how you found it because all the camps are isolated and Argus masked his presence))

Sha-ron took her men through the basic training in focus, balance and stamina. Argus wasn't used to the type of physical training. It differed considerably from Jedi training and he noticed others were having a problem. Every night he would look at the spear at the top of the pole. He felt Matthew's presence in the camp and furthered his will to hide, practicing what the native Belosians could do with ease. One night after a bad day in training, he fell behind, Sha-ron had told him that he wasn't fit to be in he army and told him to leave. After she left, he again saw the spear and with a determined will, he set about to get it. He saw that he could put the weights to considerable use and began to climb the pole. The morning sun had just come over the mountains when Sha-ron came out of her tent to the sounds of men cheering. The spear landed perfectly at her feet and at the top was Argus smiling at her. After that, the men seemed to be inspired. They progressed better at their training and overcame their fears and mistrust. Argus made friends with Bronc, Laerdes and Tuarang. They respected him more for his ingenuity at combat and his good nature.

Meanwhile, Tergis was gazing at the mountains at the top of a tall tree. He was waiting for something and it came. A rather large dark bird with deadly talons swooped down and dropped something for him to look at, a little doll. With a silent jump, he leaped down to his army below. He asked them what they could see. They began naming the traits of the villages in the mountain setlements. Tergis said, "This doll is from a village in the Garang pass, where the army is waiting for us. Since the quickest way to the governor is through that pass, we will take that way. Besides we should return the doll to its rightful owner."

((This is not my main character, feel free to kill him as long as you end up figuring out a connection with him and Lord Gystow.))

Hellmsi was unable to shoot the original target; there was too much security. But out of the corner of his eye he saw another jedi. This one looked more powerful.He was distracted talking with two weak looking guards. With his blaster on stun, he shot. The blast hit the jedi in his temple. The jedi hit the floor.

The guards attacked but they seemed intimidated to actually be guarding the place. Helmsi only had one blast left. He had suddenly been hit in his arm. He shot at that moment, and due to the circumstances he missed. But before he was killed, both guards started shaking. They turned their blasters towards each other, and with a deep look of regret, shot each other in the heads. Hellmsi was shocked, he knew Gystow had done this. The heart-breaker was that he now owed Gystow a debt.

He turned around to collect his prize. The Jedi was gone! He heard the faint buzz of a light saber and quickly grabbed the guard's weapons. He knew a battle was coming, a battle he would probably lose. He knew he could no longer run.

Gystow had saved Hellmsi for the last time. He was ungrateful and disrespectful about it. Hellmsi's services weren't needed anyway. Gystow's apprentice was there. He walked into his bedroom and sat on his bed. He could feel that his apprentice had failed him again . " Lord Tergis!" He communicated. " Oh, Lord Gystow... I" " I don't care! My apprentice, you have failed me so many times." He said disapprovingly. " I'm sorry Lord! It's just..." " Don't interupt me you insufficient pawn! The jedi are on Yavin, with you. The one that always defeats you, Matthew so-and-so, is in combat with a second rate bounty hunter." He could hear his apprentice gasp. " However, he has been shot, right in the temple." Tergis giggled. " It was on stun, moron! Now you have a choice... Either assist the Bounty Hunter and bring me your nemissis, or invade the republic camp and bring me his apprentice." He spoke smoothly. " I have sent you all the locations; they are both far from you. I reccomend using your astonishing knight speed. May the force serve you well!"

Argus had begun to fit into his role the past three weeks. He kept his true identity a secret. He didn't want anyone to know he was a Jedi though that wouldn't have mattered considering the Belosians were adept enough to use the Force like the Jedi. He had finished bathing and was tying his belt when he heard Gisan, "Those boys are no more fit to serve than you are to be captain. Once the general receives my report, your troops will never see battle."

"We're not finished."

"Be careful. The general may be you father but I am special council to the emperor, a job that I got on my own. You're dismissed."

Argus tried to cheer her up, "I'll hold and you punch." Seeing that it failed he tried again, "For what it's worth, you make a great captain."

The comment seemed to soften her and she smiled softly. Argus just watched her with a dreamy smile. Khan began his chittering. Argus responded, "No...well...I"

Khan then motioned him to go to his tent. Argus left still smiling. Khan decided to take things into his own paws. Using what he had, he constructed a note of urgency requesting troops. It worked for Gisan told Sha-ron that the troops were needed at the front. At dawn they set for the mountains.

Valia sent a message to Matthew to meet her at the palace in Garanga saying that together they may find Argus.

((Think about it. He's a Jedi Master and Argus is just a padawan. They also have formed a bond. There's practically no way for him *not* to find him. Plus, Argus isn't very strong in the Force))

He was stopped by the guards. "You can't go in." One of the guards said. Matthew glanced up at him. "Any reason why not?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Only certain people get in," the guard to the left said, looking down at Matthew. "And you're not one of 'em."

Matthew just sighed and waved a hand infront of their faces. "You'll let me in quietly." He said in a monotone voice as the guards lifted their spears. He walked past as the spears clanked back crossed behind him. He flipped down his hood and glanced around the area, slowly walking in the village.

((Hey Argus has survived alone all his life. He knows how to get lost even from a Jedi))

The troops had already left heading for the front. It was hard marching to the mountain settlements and the men kind of loafed along. Someone started singing about a girl he left behind and others piped in about their kind of girl. Argus didn't say anything but was thinking about one girl, Sha-ron. He really liked her and Khan knew it and tried to keep him focused. When one Belosian sings, everyone feels they should join in. That was the way of things. Someone actually made fun of Gisan in song and it was so subtle that Gisan had no clue. The good cheer continued until they came upon a desolated village.

((No but maybe you could follow the army. My baddie Tergis could recruit you into his ranks. I can do that now))

Hellmsi and the Bounty Hunter followed the army that Argus was in into the mountains. Not used to the workout they were getting, they fell behind a few times. Little did they know that they were being watched by a large dark bird. In the evening, they were approached by Tergis who said to them, "Congradulations. You fell behind again. However I can make it worth your while. Join me now and you can achieve your goals alot easier."

Tergis was very persuasive as he waited for the response.

Archived