Home

Quick before I kill the tech support!

TheAbortionater

WHAT THE HELL IS THE (sorry about caps) gray screen? Everytime I start Jedi Outcast, after completely installing, everything is good, all the directx and junk works fine, brand new computer....how come when the game starts a.) there's a little pop up window showing text in yellow font, looks like an old dos window with system process completion, and b.) once the monitor resets to the resolution, the cpu makes a beep, and nothing but gray screen!

Yoda doesn't know what the hell it is, dell doesnt', I'm not going to microsoft for another 21$ 10 minute phone call, is there someone who knows? There is no recogniztion of a fatal error in the error log, or even by a "send error report" it just goes back to the desktop once i push escape, which happens to be the only button the gray screen goes away by......

.......grrrrrr.........lucas arts has about the worst tech support next to EA.....

From my experiences, Lucasarts has the best tech support. I suggest calling them up since Yoda's Help Desk didn't give you the answer.

The DOS-style window is suppose to be like that, and the grey screen is suppose to go away after a few seconds. Maybe your firewall isn't letting it launch, but I suggest just calling them.

Before calling them, you could try updating your video card drivers.

Also, run the "System Analyzer" program that was included with the game and run all the tests. At least then you'll be able to ask proper questions of the tech support people and possibly save on a long distance call (assuming it's not toll free..).

• 1 month later...

Archived