Home

favourite demo moments?

robotsonic

When the demo download finished and checked that the .exe file was in fine condition! (although, it took about 20 seconds for the installation shield to start up and i thought that the file was correupted...what nightmaring 20 seconds :))

Well, more precisely, i'll have to finish the small galactic conquest so, give me some more time. Tutorial is good, but it's more like a movie ;).

Btw, did you set all the video option to max? I did (my comp can handle big gaming demands) and the graphics look fabulous.

three great moments nowthat i look back on it.

1: the very first tutorial mission, just in the beginning, thats when i realized the potential of the game, the grafics the cinematic mode and so on..

2: the space battle at the astoroid field. i made a minor recon unit to estblish the strength of the enemy. once again i was stunned of the graphics :D it simply looks awesome.

3: when i saw the AT AT walker in the last mission. majestic as it was it had to be put down, and when it finally went down, wauw man.. that looked explicit :D

- xsoy

Then, when you set it up and running, you'll remember my words ;)

oh, i will :)

i did stick the shading on just to see it, and it looks great, but obviously everything is clunky and not really playable. i want to see it run smooth in all its glory.

i also can't wait to see reflections in water :) i turned that off too, because there wasn't any, iirc?

i was disapointed in graphics. I turned it to the max. Can someone tell me is it like in black and white it sets the textures for you. I mean if i have a bad video card for example, will i be able to set graphics detail to maximum or not; or will it just say the detail is at max, but really it wont be. Please help!

i was disapointed in graphics. I turned it to the max. Can someone tell me is it like in black and white it sets the textures for you. I mean if i have a bad video card for example, will i be able to set graphics detail to maximum or not; or will it just say the detail is at max, but really it wont be. Please help!

I'm pretty sure you have a bad video card, would be more determinable if you listed the model info out. I know mine is bad (ProSavage DDR), so old that the company doesn't produce it anymore. I want a new graphic cards :'(

Just don't turn antialising to full and play with the rest. Antialasing and anisotropic filters demand the most "heavy" work from the graphic card so, keep them slow if you don't want bad running speeds. Also, there's a "find settings" option which will find the best settings fo you; experiement with this too.

Back to topic, here are 2 good things i liked:

1. The ability to boost fire power (in the pay of engine and shield rechargement). This is just very realistic, the ships are not just "moving objects with guns", you feel like you can give direct commands from the control room/bridge. Awesone. Nebulas also is a "plus" for space, since i knew only in ground there are weather effects. Just go a frigate into a nebula and you'll see it's shield zeroed after short time (when shot b a lighting storm) and moving like a duck :)

2.The whole interface of galactic map, where you build, move around your forces, organise ground and space tasks etc etc. It just let us see the depth of the game :) For me, this turn-based side of the game is by 90% great; only the diplomacy factor is what i'd like to see more.

Well there were 3 for me....

First the absolutely stunning effects of sd's spliting in2 and then floating around and blowing up...

Secondly landing on Tatooine and preparing my forces and then having boba fet scare the crap out of me and than burning my tanks and the going into cinematic camera mode and blowing the little s*** away :D

And Finially.. launching a small attack force on the imperial space station only to loose all my forces execpt han and chewie and than taking every thing out and severaly wounding the space station only for them to go out in a massive explosion

I just downloaded it which took 5 and a half hours and the game won't run as it's not detected my poor excuse of a graphics card. I stayed up all night waiting for it to finish. *sob* Does someone want to buy me a new computer? *hint hint*

There are decent graphic cards in the market with low prices. Go for ATI, it's ages ahead (not Asus this is). I have GeCube ATI X800XL 256MB DDR3 and it's "flying".

Mind however that a single graphic card cannot take up the whole workload the game demands if the whole system is old. CPU + memory + graphic card, these three go together.

I have Nvidia GeForce 6800 LE, is that good enought for high graphic detail?

Sould be, im using a Geforce 6600GT AGP. I just put the graphics up high to see if it would or not and it did.

But my best moment, has to be when i saw my fleet droping out of hyperspace.

seconed, when i first saw the AT-AT, and third when the AT AT droped some troops.

Archived