Home

Highest ranking in demo

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Finally had a chance to play the conquest mode. Pretty short in all, I was really hoping the demo would last me until the launch of the game. But trying to increase your ranking/score is a good challenge to keep me going.

First time, I managed to get Major-General, 84% so once Ive officially woken up, I intend to improve on that. What have your scores been? Oh, and for those of you who score 100% - screenies please ;)

DMUK

The demo balance and AI is so terrible that you can easily score high. The millenium falcon can win the asteroid mission alone and on Tatoinee you just need to sit back and use bombing runs/artillery and let Chewie capture AT-AT.

LoL... i tried it. and yeah it is kinda easy... but i set it on Hard. lol

i think i did alright, also i tend to make "Spectacular battles" i hate the boring rush it battles.

also, a few bugs with the Chase Cams, Cinematic is okay. is there a key to switch besides Space bar? and whats with the camera focusing on the rats on Tatooine?!?!. lol

also, how do you retreat in space? has anyone attempted running transport ships through, heheh its so funny!!! they cant do anythng but run. hah

yes but those take more time than the reinforcenments to come. also does anyone have an idea on how to do other stuff on it except for the 5 tuts and the galactic conquest?

You have to look the bigger picture. The defender might not win the battle but the Attacker will lose loads of units in the process which will weaken his overall army strength and give you advantage on the galactic map.

....Really?!....I don't knoe how to retreat. I spent 30 minutes with the falcon attacking the spacestation (games run slower [but load faster?] on my laptop because its below mim req.) and ended up quiting. The falcon always had shielding and DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO DESTROY A TURBO LASER HARDPOINT with the falcon by itself?! Not worth it. I advise using a big fleet

also i tend to make "Spectacular battles" i hate the boring rush it battles.

Thats the entire experiance I got from the GC land battle, to fast, small map, little unit order, no tactics, no time to organise anything, just one big messy rush...I'm hoping thats something that will stay with the demo and not find its way to final release.

Thats the entire experiance I got from the GC land battle, to fast, small map, little unit order, no tactics, no time to organise anything, just one big messy rush...I'm hoping thats something that will stay with the demo and not find its way to final release.

2 Right!

I've got 97% overall, but didn't think to take a screenie. I was playing Chris' Mod 4, which makes the game far, far better.

I spent as much credit as i could and built a huge fleet the first time i had his mod, went into the space battle, and lost 1 xwing squadron for the entire fight. I didn't need any reinforcements :/

I love the tactics with the space battles. I find to keep losses to a minimum you need to keep your corvettes close to your command ships. That way any enemy fighters/bombers that try to take the command ships down die very quickly. All you need is 1 corvette per Command Ship, and buy up two squads of a wings, 4 y-wings, and a 2-xwings. Team together the Falcon and A Wings, let them scout out the map, take out any scouts. Send in your units from the north and voila.

I'm surprised so many of you are finding it tricky. You just need to focus on the shield generators, and then take down the hangers. Go straight for the space station, take that out and then take them as they come. Making sure you focus the y-wings on disabling the shields and let the command ships to do the rest. While the Corvettes and fighters protect them from any light craft.

Then i sold all my fleet and bought up as many tanks as i could. Job done.

I am pretty bad at ground tho, i don't ever use the infantry :S

Dude.... that was just the space battle... and if ur bad at ground, that brings down ur OVERALL... i got 100% in space, it isnt difficult at all, u can lose 1 corvette and still get 100%... also, i done it unmodded. lol

try getting a higher overall. Overall comes right after the Tatooine score. You'll see it.

Archived