Home

The Second Age of Adventures

Hurrah! yet another Lord of the Rings-based RPG!

Here's a map. It's a vector map(and needs Abobe Acrobat) and so can be zoomed in and out as you wish, making map-watching even more fun and clear! Hurrah!

The plot is this:

It's somewhere near the end of the Second Age, but it is an alternative place, so there are many things running wild. There of course are Gil-Galad, Mordor, Sauron and the whole history of Arda, but there is a possibility of other Maias around Middle-Earth(Like they should, as Vanyamar has opened it's borders) than the council of wizards that had been sent to keep peace in the land where darkness was starting to rise. The elven race is still glorious in these lands and the dwarves still have warm, but slowly freezing connection to the elves. The human race has not achieved it's peek, but it still has a mighty culture that is of mach with the elves, and especially the elves of Vanyamar.

And the profiles:

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Powers:

Weapons:

Position:

Bio:

Other:

My profile:

Name: Usually called Zarazîr

Race: Maia

Appearance: Zarazîr the Maia

Powers: Magic, especially magic that involve the the nature

Weapons: Staff, Longsword(Gaelorol), Dagger, Magic

Position: Wizard

Bio: What can you say about a Maia. He has been wandering on the lands for millenias after millenias and has enjoyed especially middle earth since the War of Wrath ended. When Saruman, Gandalf, Radagast and the other Maias came to Middle-Earth to prevent Sauron's rise, he helped them as well as he could, using his connections everywhere and the talents and short-cuts he had learned in his long life there. You can't see his true might by looking at him, but when he gets angry, he seems to grow twice his size and you do not want to be around when he gets furious at someone or something.

Other: He has a whole list of names, Zarazîr being just the most common, mostly because it's in Westron(The common tongue). Other names are: Neryerna(Quenya), Brûngollûr(Sindarin), Lindbeorn(Nandorin), Sharkû Ghâsh(Mordor), Kheledinbar(Khuzdul/Dwarven)

((I'll start this in a moment, but before that, I'll need at leats two others. If you need ant extra info, PM me))

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh Ooh I'm in...I'm just gonna edit this with the character sheet in like fifteen to thirty minutes...

EDIT.-

Name: Enya

Race: Elf

Appearance: Red hair, green eyes, white skin, 5'5.

Powers: She has extremely high accuracy with bow and arrow as well as an amazing finesse at weapons, can learn very quickly.

Weapons: Elven bow, quiver, twin long elven blades.

Position: Ranger

Bio: Always wandering around Middle-Earth never staying in one place too long. She has been a lady of the woods since she was born. Never has she seen a great war. Though she always has dreamt of Adventure.

((I'll edit later and add more to her Bio))

Name: Broknell

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Almost 5 foot tall (tall for a Dwarf) Bald Head with a thick black beard, neatly braided with silver wire. Stout nosed face with deep green eyes. He sports a mithril breastplate with a depiction of a dragon in flight, a matching full-face helm with dragons on either side of it.

Powers: Sniffs out treasure (at least he likes to think so)

Weapons: A double bladed mithril axe. (named Sunderall)

Position: Weapons Master of Clan Hordewatcher

Bio: A gruff dwarf of honorable status among the dwarf clans, Broknell tells it like it is. Loves treasure, his faithful axe Sunderall, and his clan. He has been in many battles and is the commander of the forces of Clan Hordewatcher. Was enchanted by the Wizard Yrenthakimon with the gift of extended life, although he is stil young by Dwarf stan

dards, he will live a long, long time.

Name: Bo'Dash Holt

Race: Human

Appearance: (http://www.santharia.com/tribes/humans/human_pics/helcrani.jpg)

Powers: His Skin is very thick and takes a few hacks to make him bleed.

Weapons: Two Handed Sword

Position: Wandering Warrior

Bio: Grew up in a small village, it was raided, he escaped and fled to the next village, there he warned them that they were next. The village was next, and there Bo'Dash grasped a sword for the first time, he swung with all his might and he killed thier leader from behind. Some say he saved the village, but he stayed there none the less and blacksmithed his own armour and weapons. He stayed there until he was 20, from then on he has wandered around from village to village, he has declared himself protector of good.

Name: usually referred to as 'The Stranger'

race: Human

Appeareance: about 6'2 feet, straw-colored blond human, with old, friendly ice-blue eyes, always wearing a worn out coat and old leather gauntlets

Powers: Magic (especially powers of cloaking and body enhancement)

Weapons: none

Position: Maia scholar

Bio: The Stranger once was human, but was recruted by one of the maia as a kind of apprentice - or servants. But with the millenia the maia have at hand, he isn't always needed. So he know mostly wanders around the land, waiting for his master to return with a new task.

((TheThing, only the Valar can grant that long of a life, and not even the people of Numénor have that long of a life, except for the ruling bloodline. And for the second, humans cannot do magic in Arda, especially not the magic granted to the Maiar by Ilúvatar. And the name needs to be for Human, for they are born with names. However, the names of the Valar and the Maiar are given to them from all races. Like Gandalf, for example. He has many names because when he arrived to Middle-Earth and walk amongst the elves, dwarves, elves and other races, he got different names from them all because he had no actual name because he was a Maia and a Maia does not need a name))

A wolf howled in the darkness of the night. The land of Arnor was peaceful and the streets of Annúminas were slowly emptying. A lonely man rode straight towards the city walls, his dark grey and brown cape wrapped tightly around him to hold back the crude ind blowing from the North. his hand gripped his staff tightly and he knocked on the heavy wooden door only to get a shout from above the gate.

"Who is this who knocks on the glorious gates of Annúminas?" the voice shouted and the head of a guard peeked from the wall above the gate.

"It is I, Zarazîr. I am in need of a resting place in the great Annúminas" the rider shoute and the bulky wooden doors strated to open.

"Ride in, Zarazîr. We welcome you to Annúminas" the guard shouted and the old man on the horse rose inside the walls, the gate slamming closed after him as he headed towards a tavern near the South gate

Inside the Tavern of Annúminas. Enya, the beautiful Ranger and mercenary was sitting by the window. The bartender brought her her drink.

- "Thank you Brinno" - Enya said.

- "That is your third drink Enya, are you sure you want to keep 'em coming?" - Brinno asked.

- "No, I think that's enough for now, but do bring me something to eat will you?" - Enya said.

- "Sure" - Brinno said and went back to the kitchen to bring her some food.

Enya had a roll of parchment on her hands. She unrolled it and looked at the drawing of a man. The reward said 1,500. Enya tossed the paper to her side.

- "Too little for my taste" - Enya said putting her drink back on the table.

The white steed of Zarazîr's stoped next to the tavern and the bearded rider jumped off, giving the leash to the tavern stable master. He then walked to the door and opened it, bending his knees a bit because of his lenght and his tall, a bit pointy hat. His white beard extended over to his chest and his upper lip was covered by his moustache. The Maia walked over to a table and sat down, a waitress scurrying over to him.

"What would you like, Mr. Zarazîr?" she asked and smiled kindly

"Book my normal room, please. And some elven wine would be nice"

"Coming right up"

The waitress scurried back and left the qizard to look around quietly, a pipe appearing onto his lips a moment later and the smoke from the pipe slowly starting to fill the corner where he was sitting. There was a golden ring on his finger with a red jewel on it's beautifully carved part that actually showed. You could see the ring glowing with a magical touch of Vanyamar on it

Enya saw the wizard come in. She smiled at the sight of him. She hadn't been around wizards in a long time. And she knew who he was. At least by reputation. But she just sat on her corner and examined more pieces of parchment. Several men and women on each one. Nothing about the rewards caught her eye. She wsa clearly bored. She then turned and saw Bo'Dash looking at her, she grinned and then looked away. The wizard's ring caught her eyes.

- "That's beautiful" - she sad to herself in whispers.

The Maia looked quietly around the room but his eyes turned at the woman as soon as her eyes met his ring. The bearded man pulled his robes tighter and concealed his ring under a sleeve as the waitress came back.

"Here's your wine, sir. The best of the best straight from Hollin. Your room is being prepared now. It'll be ready in just a moment"

"Thank you"

He took the wine that had been set infront of him and set his staff leaning onto the wall and placed his pipe away. He took a drink of the wine and looked quietly around after the waitress had left. He suddenly stood up, drank his wine and took his staff before walking to the elven rager and sitting on the other side of the table. "Why do you study the ancient bloodlines of elves and men?" he asked and looked at some of the parchments and scrolls she had on the table. "Are the elven lores not enought to satisfy your curiosity?"

-"Blast! This ale's duller than an Elven sense of humor!"

Broknell slammed his flagon down, shaking the bar of the tavern. He looked back to the bartender,

-"Do ye have any Dwarvish ale?"

The barkeep shook his head.

-"And you would do well to keep your voice down, Dwarf."

Broknell smiled and lifted his flagon to his lips, swallowing the foul-tasting beer with one gulp. He looked around and saw that a few patrons had been looking at him.

-"Yar! Wassamata? Ye all aint never seen a Dwarf 'efore?"

The patrons all went back to their business.

Broknell laughed.

I might as well join in (Note: This is a first rp I am joining)

Name: Zen Marsh the Shadow

Race: Elf (Note: Special & one of the few of his power)

Appearance: Shiny Black Hair, Teal Robe(Used to be gold but was ruined to due past encounters and time), Yellow Eyes, about 5' 6", 200 lbs, Black(Leather) Gloves, Brown Hard Leather Armour(Under Robe), white metal tipped shoes, Black Beard & Mustache, Scarred & burnt face(Usually is hidden)

Powers: Basic Magic, Shadow Dance(Allows for Temporary movement in shadowy areas and at night outside for about 20 Minutes), Soul Release((Gandalf) Similar power of how Gandalf freed the King of Rohan)

Weapons: Sword of Shadows(Black Blade, that on command will light on fire for 10 Minutes), Black Oak Staff with red crystals(Currently Lost)

Position: Wandering Warrior/(Staff Lost, Can't fully be a wizard)

Bio: Born in a simple city, later was recuited into a wizarding tower, during a battle to save the tower he encountered a unknown demons, that nearly killed him. It was luck that allowed him to escape from them, But he was nearly killed and left for dead. The location of these balrogs are not known currently.

Other: Zen Marsh is preferred

P.S. Sorry for the late entry.

Edit: I have reupdated and changed it slightly please re-read a few things in order to get a better sense of him again.

"But curiosity that knows no bounds brings only extra weight onto your shoulders" he said and extended his arms just so that his hand withthe ring was showing from beneath the sleeve. The ring glowed a soft light and Zarazîr watched at the elven face curiously when it was revealed. "You were admiring my ring, were you not?"

((Extas, welcome to the roleplaying community. But I need to say that there are no wizards amongst the children of Ilúvatar. Only Maiar can become wizards if they want to. Of course elves have those that can wield magic in their advantage, but those are only few and usually of a long line of rulers or have seen the light of Vanyamar. Elrond is only magical because he is the mix of an elf, a Maia and a human(Described better in The Silmarillion) and Galadriel is magical because he is one of the last Noldor alive that have actually seen the light of the undying lands(Also in the Silmarillion)))

He gave a soft, almost Santa Claus-like chuckle and looked at her, leaning back on his chair. "You know what makes it glow. It has been affected by the two trees of the Valar and it has seen the War of Wrath with me. The fall of Gondolin and the rising of Númenor" he said with a quiet voice and chuckled again of her pathetic try of lying to him

Broknell continued his mumbling and grumbling to himself, mostly about the lack of a good, stout ale. When something out of the corner of his eye peaked his curiosity. It was glowing a soft red, and was on the hand of a scholarly looking man.

-"By the stones..." Broknell quietly whispered to himself.

The light seemed to get brighter in his eyes...and closer, so close until...

Broknell tumbled right off of his barstool, his ale flagon splashed all over the floor. Broknell gave a loud hoot as he crashed to the tavern floor, his battleaxe sliding into the legs of the table the ring-bearer was sitting at and knocking it out, causing the table to come smashing on top of him.

The Maia watched her until the ruckus the dwarf caused. His eyes looked at the dwarf and again hid his ring. His eyes narrowed and he stood up, walking to him and looking down at the dwarf that was just over his waist in lenght and probably just under lower stomach of normal men. Zarazîr's eyes narrowed and he shook his head at the dwarf. It could be seen from Broknell's eyes that he had seen the light of his ring and had effected the dwarf more than anything else. All that because the dwarven race had never seeneven the slightest ray of light that came from Vanyamar.

"Stand up, proud dwarf of the Hordewatcher Clan, for I am nobody else than Kheledinbar, as you like to call me" he said and gave a smile

Bo'Dash seeing that the interesting people in the tavern had now come together he would join them too. He stood up with a small clanking noise as his armour shift when he stood. He pikced up his sword and walked over to the group.

"I am Bo'Dash Holt, greetings Zarazir, it has been a long time since you've been in these parts, has it not?"

Archived