Home

The Second Age of Adventures

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((It's perfect))

Zarazîr gave a laught. "But my dear dwarf, there is no great treasure. A few trinkets and loads of crude orcish weapons and armors that are worth nothing. Balrogs do not need trasures and the dragon is being kept in a tight leash" he said and smiled. "You see, the place we are going to is far north. the old areas of Melkor Morgoth himself that was closed into the darkness after the war of wrath that took place long ago. My dear friends, this is no walk in the garden. This is a difficult and deadly mission, for there are many balrog that have grown strong and free-willed in this time with a dragon as their pet. We will be lucky if we do not all die"

Zen began to think, paced around the room only twice then said

"If the Balrogs are a challenge, I am not afraid to face them, due to my earlier experiences that have confronted me in such a large matter, even Balrog's have their weaknesses. Although the they had the power to destroy my only training of my special abilities. But alone the tower was destroyed and the wizard that had thought be had disappeared right be for the attack had come, leaving me stranded and alone to get away from the Balrogs, I managed to escape when a natural earthquake happened causing two of the three to fall into the unknown."

Marsh takes a deep breath.

"I as well was left to fight the Balrog alone and...

"

Zen Marsh then tells the story to the end as well telling how he ended up to find the tavern.

((PM me if you want to hear the full story))

Broknell shrugged...

-"No treasure? Hrm."

He thought a moment, then his eyes widened as if it just hit him,

-"Did ye say a Dragon? My lord, thats more of a treasure than I can think of! Them smelly lizard's hide can make some fine armor I tell ye! And the glory man, think o' the glory!"

Broknell rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

Zen looked at the dwarf in suprise(excuse spelling)

and Said

"Broknell, the scales of the dragon might be of value, but if this dragon has special scales we will not know what effect it will have on the wearer, I know what parts of the dragon I might use after it is slane."

Glances to the Maia and says

"I believe the skull of a Balrog might be something I can use as well, for craft something form that will help make a helmet I am planing to make, though elven smithery is something I will end up taking up when I return to the ruins of the tower.

As they went up to the room, Arra followed closely and whispered into Zarazir's ear. "This talk of hunting the Balrog concerns me. The others seem to take it far too lightly."

She shook her head. "And for you to suggest it also concerns me. Do you intend to get these people killed?"

Broknell was like any Dwarf, stalwart and proud. But something bothered him. He had heard tales of Balrogs "Creatures of Shadow and Fire" his elders told him. It was the first time in his life Broknell was actually scared for his life, and it disturbed him greatly. But he shook his head in protest and strapped his axe to his back, following the others out of the tavern.

While waiting for the Maia to begin his talk

Zen began to remember the troubles and how he had overcame that single Balrog, as well how he managed to escape its whip. As he did this he had remembered where he had been where his crystal staff had disappeared. The staff had indeed disappeared around the northern part of Middle-Earth. Zen realized that now he knows with the help he has from his fellow Middle-Earthians, he can have no fear and help destroy the darkness to the north(as well as find his staff).

After all this contomplating he said,

"Zarazîr is it a fact that the dragon is being controlled from the north, because if we are not sure the Balrogs could be controlling this dragon from the inners of Mordor."

Enya was folliwing close by, and if something was developed by her training as a Ranger was also her hearing. She heard Arra say they were afraid. And as she went inside she passed Arra and said.

- "Fear keeps you alert, the day I'm no longer afraid of anything, I will stop fighting and retire for the rest of my days" - Enya said and sat down on a chair opposite Marsh.

Arra shook her head. "Do not trust fear to keep you alert," she protested. "If in fear, all beings have three possible reactions. These are to fight, to flee, or to freeze. It is a rare being that can choose which reaction will appear."

She sat in a nearby chair. "Fear hinders far more than it helps."

Zen turned his head to Arra then said,

"I can partially agree with you Arra, but a wise Middle-Earthian as well said, 'Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering'((Yoda SW:TPM)), For the Ideals of the Moral of this group we must keep our spirits up, even when our outlook does not seem possible, if anything to help us is that we would have a larger group than we have now it is possible."

The very end of Zen's Handle begins to glow gold. Zen glances down and says to everyone,

"Something is happening, I will soon see what."

((Actually, Yoda first said it in SW: ESB, then in the prologue. And besides, it really doesn't work on Middle-Earth, fo the people of Middle-Earth aren't even near of those in SW))

"Fear helps people, but dispair does not. If fear turns into despair, people surrender to their faith and in battle that means that they make a step in the wrong direction and then an enemy weapon hits" he said and shook his head. "But the most beautiful things can be frightening inside. Maiar, for example. We can take any form we want to and the female maiar are the most beautiful things on Arda. But if the children of Ilúvatar and the children of Aulë would see a maia without their humanly disguise, they would die from the horrid power and energy the maiar are emitting. The same is for Valar" he said and looked at Arra and Enya. "There are more warriors joining our group above Angmar, and the eagles are ready to handle a couple of the balrogs and the dragon if we cannot do so. There is nothing to fear about, for the light of the Valar shines from our weapons" he said and unwrapped a tall piece of cloth brought inside when the room was being prepped for the maia. The room was filled with a bright glow from the weapons as he unwrapped them all and stpped aside. All of the weapons had the symbols of their creators on them.

"Axes of Aulë for the dwarf" he said and pointed at the several throwing axes and the large two-bladed axe.

"Bows of Yavanna for the elves" he said and placed his hand above two great bows with golden carvings on them.

"And the horn of Oromë for the human" he said and placed his hand above a great horn with golden and silver markings on it.

"And to all I will give bottles of holy water that has been blessed by Estë herself" he said and smiled. stepping away from the table and giving room for everyone to claim their weapons. he already had his part under his robes

(((I Was just citing the source, I don't want to get into any legal issues with lucas)))

Zen looked awkwardly at the bows... and said

"suprising you think I can do bow work, although it would usually seem natural for an elf to be able to use a bow, If you may notice I have a sword with me. I will accept the bow, but my true power is similar to yours, other then the fact that my staff is lost."

Zen then pick up his bow and sat back down in his seat to study the bow.

"The Accepting of this bow for me is only an additional weight to carry, but I am willing to use it and is there anything special about this bow?" Zen questioned still studying the bow.

Zen glanced at Enya then to the blessed bottles and said,

"We forgot something, those bottles though it seems like taking a chance but I will bring the one for me."

Marsh then Walked to where the bottles were and carefully grabbed one. After he did this Zen then bowed with his head to Zarazîr.

Zarazîr seemed insulted by Zen's words. "Is there anything special in the bow? It has been made in the West by Maiar by the order of the Valar. Each of these weapons have been brought here by eagles and have absorbed the light of Anor for thousands of years. My dear elf, if you cannot even notice the blessed light of the West, you are no person to wield magic" he said and shook his head in disappointment.

He placed his staff onto the table next to the weapons and then took a hold of his robes and hat. He took them off fast and a bright, white light came from under his robes, blinding them for the moment while he took a new appearance. When they could see again, infront of them stood a tall elf-looking man with a short beard and a silver and gold mithril armour. On the chest was the two trees of Valinor, the right one golden and the left one silver, the mountain of Taniquetil in pure white and a soft glow emitting from it's carved peak. A long sword with a beautifully decorated and engraved hilt hung on his belt. He wore no helmet.

"Do not mistake me for a fool, Zen Marsh, for your magic is only trickery next to mine, and my blade will break yours if they clash, for I am the student of Oromë. You think less of me than you should"

Broknell stepped forward and reached out for the axe, and he could feel the power it posessed when he grabbed its hilt. He held it in front of him for a moment, testing its balance and weight, before strapping it to his back. He then reached out for the throwing axes and strapped them in place as well.

-"I shall wield this axe withe strength of the dwarves behind every blow!"

Archived