Home

Any Way to Switch the X and Z axis for this game on the joystick?

Wedge9k

If those two axis were switched (X Axis- left right, Z Axis - Twist Handle) then you could fly like a real aircraft which i'm more used to. Any one know how to do this? Or Know where to get a download of the source code? I'm a programmer and could easily make the change for my version if i had the code. I'm not sure if they ever released it or not.

For those of you wondering how to do the same thing i've come up with a solution to flip the X and Z axis so that the craft now use the twist handle as the rudder and left/right will roll the craft like a real aircraft. It seems that when you hold down the Roll button the Game flips the Axis to be the way that a modern Aircraft would fly. So do the following:

1 -Assign the Roll/Target Object In crosshair function to a button on the side of your joystick or one that is out of the way. Preferably one that you will never use.

2 -Tape down the button so that it is permanently being pressed.

This makes it so that you are in constant 'Roll' and the axis get flipped the way that I think they should be :). This makes it alot easier for me to fly because i'm used to flying simulators that have the X-Axis as a roll. But there is one problem with this 'fix' if you hop into a turret while that button is being tapped down... you won't be able to move or aim the turret :( so on missions with a turret, make sure that you untape the button when you need to fight in one.

Archived