Home

Collector's edition info

nisomer

And where did you find this image?

Well as it may be, I happen to have an exlusive copy of the Collector's edition and I just took a screen.

Im just kidding... Jmaster please dont sound so aggresive in your posts. You sound like a teacher getting mad at a student for not including a bibliograpy.

Well if you must know my sources:

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Lucasarts_Announces_Empire_At_War_Collectors_Edition_96648.asp

Well as it may be, I happen to have an exlusive copy of the Collector's edition and I just took a screen.

Im just kidding... Jmaster please dont sound so aggresive in your posts. You sound like a teacher getting mad at a student for not including a bibliograpy.

Well if you must know my sources:

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Lucasarts_Announces_Empire_At_War_Collectors_Edition_96648.asp

Who said im getting mad? You can't tell peoples emotions by words, expecially online when you cant hear there tone....:)

Yeah, for some reason they decided to only release this edition to the US and Germany. I would suggest using Ebay and finding a seller who ships internationally. :D

thats typical of most games with a collectors edition version. Iremember when WOW went retail, couldnt find a copy of the collectored edition when it went retail. i tried everywhere. only to find that it wasnt available in the UK anywhere that i know of (even tho the collectors edition of WOW was really over priced).

LA's marketing stategy really does need alot of work.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after reading some threads concerning the CE, And realizing it will not be DVD, i cancelled my preorder. ANd reorded the standard edtion and upgraded to over night shipping. Really 10$ extra for 5 maps, and a couple of screen savers (which i never use, i never use a screen saver just an annoyance for me), and a couple of wallpappers dosnt justify in my case goin the extra mile and getting it. And the non dvd ... that was a deal breaker for me

Guess what? The bonus maps are not able to be given away so easy.

Unless someone can pull them out of the data file, they are hands off.

USA CE is CD only (2 CD + Bonus CD) that is my limit for a game. I seen a picture of an English worded slim case 'Euro style' package that was a Collector's Ed DVD format. So maybe the UK is getting one? Or it is the Gerrman version written in English?

I would (and already did) buy the collecters edition simple because if Im not mistaken when you buy the game the money goes to Lucas arts and petro gets a cut and after all the work they did I think they deserve what ever percent of the extra 10 bucks they get.

Been forever since I posted Doubt anyone missed me It looks like you guys have been busy.

Considering how long most collector's editions of PC games last in stores, I'll probably just wait if I have to end up buying this game (not sure if a press copy is in the cards for me or not, so I'll wait a week and see). I missed my chance to get the collector's edition of quite a few games I planned on buying anyway, since the price was knocked down after awhile. The average person would rather save $10 than buy what looks to be just a fancier box. I mean, the Lego Star Wars Vader figure was a cool idea, but let's face it, it's just ONE tiny legoman. Is it really worth that much? Especially considering you're going to be opening the box most likely, "ruining" its potential collector value.

In any case, if they were the same price I'd definately go for the collector's edition, but right now I'm thinking it wouldn't be worth it to pay $10 more, just for some offline maps and other some bonus crap that really has nothing playable in it.

In any case, if they were the same price I'd definately go for the collector's edition, but right now I'm thinking it wouldn't be worth it to pay $10 more, just for some offlin maps and other some bonus crap that really has nothing playable in it.

My thoughts exactly

Archived