Home

Suggestion for Expansion

RC2080

Yes, I am well aware that the actual game is not out yet, but I wanted to post this before I forget..

It may be too late to implement this now, but it would be pretty cool if you could add yourself as a hero. Like, have an Imperial/Rebel officer that you could name yourself and select a few a few special abilities and then be able to use yourself in combat and stuff. This could be expanded to include you losing the battle if your unit is defeated, which could be balanced by having your hero unit have a few extra special abilities. You would also be able to have a flagship during spacebattles and some kind of command post or something in land battles.

Well... The interesting thing that is likely is that it will be a clone wars expansion because demo itself already has 50+ models that are not in the game, this might hint the clone wars expansion.

Although they can only be gained through a modding of the game... It is still possible. I have forgotten if there was any other hints of the expansion...That we found in our previous descussions involving a similar matter.

I really don't see how they can go forward in the timeline, due to the fact that you change history in the game. So if they were to ever make an expansion, it will have to be Clone Wars. I certainly hope they do make an expansion... if only for the Venator :p

That is a good point Phreak. I never thought of it like that how you change history, I always figured there'd be an ESB expansion. But seeing as that wouldn't make sense, clone wars would be sweet.

Yes, I am well aware that the actual game is not out yet, but I wanted to post this before I forget..

It may be too late to implement this now, but it would be pretty cool if you could add yourself as a hero. Like, have an Imperial/Rebel officer that you could name yourself and select a few a few special abilities and then be able to use yourself in combat and stuff. This could be expanded to include you losing the battle if your unit is defeated, which could be balanced by having your hero unit have a few extra special abilities. You would also be able to have a flagship during spacebattles and some kind of command post or something in land battles.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to have gone 5 pages back in the threads, but we did already talk about the create yourself prospect, thought you might find it informative. :)

Hope you find some of the opinions helpful.

Technically you couldnt create a Clone Wars. What if the CIS won, then the rebellion or the empire would never exist. I love the game but LA did not set this game up for a expansion from the looks of it.

Technically, the Republic and CIS both lost, and the Galactic Empire won. :p

It can be done similar to SWGB's Clone Campaigns. It was like a separate game, and didn't effect the original game.

• 2 weeks later...
Technically, the Republic and CIS both lost, and the Galactic Empire won.

Never thought about the Republic losing...

Any ways, I doubt they'll add EU factions so if anything it will be Clone Wars era factions. Adding advanced Confederacy or Republic would be awesome! Think of all the freedom they'd have: Technology would have advanced so there'd be über versions of all conferderacy units and republic (imagine a new V-Wing).

Technically, the Republic and CIS both lost, and the Galactic Empire won. :p

Nah the Republic was reorganized into the Empire which means that the Republic won it.

I actually love how Lucas followed the history of Rome. Just recall it.

During Roman republic roman senate voted an extraodinary powers to the first consul because of the barbar invasions on the northern borders which threatened Rome itself. After the attacks were repelled and the northern borders secured the first consul turned the republic into the Empire.

BTW the firs counsoul was elected by the senat and the senat was elected by roman citizens.

a unit i feel is missing in this game, that id like to see in the expantion or modded in, is a stormtrooper with a deplyable laser cannon, like in esb just before the falcon leaves echo base. because imps only have 2 type of infintry while the rebs have 3, (not including major and minor heros)

also cool ideas are:

reb swoop

boats and subs

x-wings and tie fighters that act like snowspeeder

do rebs have a anti-air vihicle?

To be honest, we can judge if there wont be a forward expansion untel we beat the game. Think about it, they could do a cut, or what ever its called, and leave you hanging. Lets say, it has the first death star destroyed, it could end there, or what if it stop when the empire cntrols all of the universe but hoth, then there could be a forward expansion :)

Uh an expansion is not going to pick up your save games so it's not like it really matters who wins..... If you win and conquer the galaxy, that doesn't leave much room for an expansion either by that sort of logic. Clone Wars would be really fun, though I'm sort of curious about the whole EU post Endor deal, because that would allow for lots of factions and political maneuvering. For marketability they'd probably need to keep it to recognizable movie stuff though. THough come to think about it, aside from *maybe* the a-wings, do we have content confirmed in the main game that goes beyond ESB?

Uh an expansion is not going to pick up your save games so it's not like it really matters who wins..... If you win and conquer the galaxy, that doesn't leave much room for an expansion either by that sort of logic. Clone Wars would be really fun, though I'm sort of curious about the whole EU post Endor deal, because that would allow for lots of factions and political maneuvering. For marketability they'd probably need to keep it to recognizable movie stuff though. THough come to think about it, aside from *maybe* the a-wings, do we have content confirmed in the main game that goes beyond ESB?

Expansions can do anything the programmers can program :D It would be pretty cool if somehow you could use your results from the first EaW and they somehow affect you in the expansion, no?

Hello,

Maybe, as some have said, the expansion should be based pon episodes 5 and 6, focusing on the second death star, so it would allow you to change SW history as far as episode 6, and we would have the ships everyone asked for, like TIE interceptors, Bwing, Dreads, maybe...and so on.

Archived