Home

Suggestion for Expansion

RC2080

Nah the Republic was reorganized into the Empire which means that the Republic won it.

Yeah but here the thing: Did they reallly win? Lets look at the facts

first I will aknowledge the fact that the Seperatists were defeated but they were created and manipulated by the Sith? Doesn't that make them not a real enemy if they were just a fascade, a tool to inconspicously gain the Sith power? Also the Sith took over the republic the ultimate goal of Sith in the past. AND the Republic died, it literally died and all its leaders were replaced changing it forever.

I would love to see what they could do with the clone wars. I think the greater numbers of jedi would create some intresting match ups in how to balance out jedi vs droids. I respect what has already been done this would be a new challenge for Petroglyph, something I would like to see them work out. I think if done right the force can be exciting while still remaining reasonable as to not effect normal tactics to much.

I also think if they did create the clone wars factions as new factions they would also try to give the OT only fans some things as well. There is no reason why they could not add a few new ships/troops.vehicles and options to the old OT factions as well.

We yeah but the hard code stuff is what I ment. I am fully aware of IA 2 and the Legacy mod. However, with the addition of so many new jedi, meaning different force powers and what not. The game may evolve a bit. Not to mention the fact that as we play the game with the OT factions we may come up with ideals that change the game on some hardcoded level. No offense was intended toward the modders.

What would be great for an expansion would be an option you toggle, to allow more tactical space battles, like starfleet command lite or something or maybe some homeworldesque 3D. The demo is great fun, but it would be great if we could get even more thoughtful fleet battles for thoses who want them.

You realize that modders can do ANYTHING the official programmers can do once the hardcoded functionality is in. Provided the mods are of high quality you've laready got your expansion.

You know what? You are right. In fact I dare say that modders can do a better job than the original programmers through sheer zeal. But y'know what? people don't like free stuff no matter how much better it is, we'll always have it that way because people are paranoid and automaticaly assume higher price equals higher value. Good examples of this include bottled water and Linux. If this ever changes we're in for a better world but until then corporations have us in their grip.

If anyone reads this I compel them to use die The Gimp rather than foto photoshop, It's the taster's choice!

Good examples of this include bottled water and Linux.

No, Ubuntu is the best Linux and it's free.

But you make some good points, I'll bet modders can make a full expansion for this game as long as enough of the source is included and not hardcoded.

No, Ubuntu is the best Linux and it's free.

Ubuntu? Is that "red" linux :)

One angle that Petro-Glyph should work is adding imroved mod tools or else modders might not buy the expo as they might not even need or want it. It's too bad Linux hasn't caught on, It's far superior in nearly every aspect. If it ever does catch on though well, we'll be laughing about how long Microsoft stood for considering its last version (XP) actually actually copied linux.

Thanks for your kind words though, I kinda feel like the Homsar of LF.

Archived