Home

One thing that confuses me...

Hotshot

In the demo, there is the Galactic Map view where you build your fleets and stuff. I noticed that while you are in that view, galactic days still pass and you still get money. Here is my question though: do battle's still go on while you are in the Galactic view? Because, if not, then you can just stay in that view and go AFK, and when you come back, the days that passed by will give you a lot of credits. Can someone explain how this thing works?

You should. The fleet move times were altered in the demo, fleets don't move from planet to planet that fast. Also the empire would have to amass a large enough fleet to feel like it can attack which takes time...at the same time you're also building up stuff too. I wouldn't worry about it. If you get too overwhelmed by the real-time part of it, just pause to issue commands and then let them go until executed. :)

Besides, if you go AFK in the game you'll end up not having a large enough fleet and miss out on several oportunities since the rebels gain money by using smugglers and technology using the droids. You'll need to be actively involved, every second counts type thing.

This is how it works: It works in real time.

Time goes by as long as you haven't pressed the Pause button.

If you leave your computer, time will still go by.

In the full version, you will get attacked, and sometimes, or maybe most of the time, it will happen when you least expect it, where you least expect it, and when you are not prepared. It's not, "Let's get our forces up and ready and duke it out. What you say, Imperial?". It's going to be instances where you go "Okay, I'm gathering my forces here at Tatooine .... building some units over there ..... ****, he/she/it attacked my rear!!!! But I have no defences there yet!!!! CRAP!!!!"

See what I mean here? :)

Okay, now ... while in Galactic Mode, time goes by very fast. At normal speed, a day lasts roughly 2 minutes if I remember and noticed (briefly) correct. Or maybe it was 1 minute, I can't remember. :D

Point is, a day goes by pretty fast.

When you go into Tactical Mode (space or ground battle) time will go at real life speed. every minute in the game is equally long as a real life minute.

You can only do 1 battle (space or ground) at a time, and you cannot go back out to Galactic Mode to move troops for reinforcments. If you want to do that, you have 3 options:

* Retreat

* Lose

* Win

Hope this clears some up.

How do the worlds like Hoth work. Will the enemy Rebel or Imperial not be able to detect anything at those locations?

Yeah, if the planet says something along the lines of, "Because of the natural climate, base structures cannot be detected" than the enemy must send probe droids to the planet. Now im not sure what the rebel equivilant of the probe droid is, but they must do the same thing.

Archived