Home

Good movies you've seen recently

VampireNaomi

Yes, I love Kung Pow! It cracks me up every time. Master Pa-- um, Betty, is a hilarious character. What other comedies do you like? I worship Mel Brooks and many of the 80's comedies, like Airplane (though wasn't that late 70's?).

I too love Mel Brooks. His brand of absurd humour is something special. Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs ("Ludicrous speed!") and Robin Hood: Men in Tights are some of my favourites. ("My name is Asneeze, this is my son Achoo")

And speaking of 80s comedies, have you seen Clue? It's a movie based on the Clue/Cluedo board game and is just hilarious.

I hate movies like American Pie or Animal because I don't think extreme sexual jokes are funny. I can't remember whether it was Animal or some other movie, but it had the main character get some animal traits and then he started lusting after a goat that was in heat. How is that funny? It's just distasteful.

I think it was called "The Animal" and I thought it was pretty crap as well.

You seen any of the other shorts by Steve Oedekerk?

Didn't know they existed but now I'm really intrigued!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seen any of the other shorts by Steve Oedekerk?

Sadly, no. I've watched trailers for his Thumb movies though, and would really love to see some of them one day. A guy has to be something if he makes movies that star nothing but thumbs. :D

I too love Mel Brooks. His brand of absurd humour is something special. Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs ("Ludicrous speed!") and Robin Hood: Men in Tights are some of my favourites.

Definitely. The man is a genius. I also like the Dracula movie. It's not as good as some of the of the older movies, but it has a lot of nostalgy value for me. Also, hearing that guy from Ally McBeal do the "Heeheehee!" is too much fun.

And speaking of 80s comedies, have you seen Clue? It's a movie based on the Clue/Cluedo board game and is just hilarious.

I haven't even heard of it. My movie knowledge is pretty non-existant. However, I'm going to look that one up because Cluedo was a favourite of mine as a kid. Thanks for the rec!

ETA: Damn, it has Tim Curry in it. The movie is definitely going to my "movies to buy" list.

I like Mel Brooks as well. Heheh. *laughs thinking about different parts of various movies...*

As for movies I have seen recently.. the only one is Narnia. It JUST came out in Japan. I loved it actually! I was so worried when I watched the previews. It looked.. mehhh. I have loved the books since I was oh... five. But I was very pleased with the movie.

History of the World pt. 1 only comedy on level with the Zucker Abrams Zucker fims

That is brilliance. We watched it at school a few years ago, but skipped the part with the Jews. I can't remember why, but it has bugged me ever since. It feels so annoying to know that there is a part in the middle you've never seen.

That is brilliance. We watched it at school a few years ago, but skipped the part with the Jews. I can't remember why, but it has bugged me ever since. It feels so annoying to know that there is a part in the middle you've never seen.

They didn't take out the Eunech part or the French chess game?

Lets see haven't seen anything new in a while just rewatched older stuff, Midway, Braveheart, Regarding Henry, Open Range, and Hotshots Part Deux

• 2 weeks later...
Recently I watched two of the best romantic movies I've ever seen... Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind and Amelie. This type of movies really make you see life in a different, more dream-like, way.

Eternal Sunshine is great it is definately a very gritty love story with very realistic emotions and characters set within an unrealisitc premise.

Good movies I've seen recently... definitely Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2.

Going past the ultra violentness, the visuals were stunning and... hypnotic! And the script- every word (espicially in the finale) was said so slowly and kept you on the edge of your seat.

The ending was kinda weird, instead of the ultimate kung fu show down that you would expect, it was mostly talking with ten seconds of action. But, I think it was best that way.

Also Jurassic Park, nothing like watching a movie you havn't seen in years and falling in love with it all over again!

Recently I've seen V for Vendetta, twice. Still not as good as the comic, but highly enjoyable.

Stay Alive was so horrible that if you get a kick out of seeing absolutely terrible movies, it was actually worth the admission price.

And Ice Age 2 was better than the first, and I guess okay. Wouldn't recommend it or anything though.

Recently I've seen V for Vendetta, twice. Still not as good as the comic, but highly enjoyable.

Stay Alive was so horrible that if you get a kick out of seeing absolutely terrible movies, it was actually worth the admission price.

And Ice Age 2 was better than the first, and I guess okay. Wouldn't recommend it or anything though.

When was the V for Vendetta comic published? I'd like to know to know because the story was very relevant for today's political climate.

• 3 weeks later...

Last film I watched at the cinema was Alien Autopsy...Avoid. It's crap.

One film I would recommend though is Lucky Number Slevin, really enjoyed it. predictable twist at the end? Yeah, perhaps...but it's still a great film :)

• 2 weeks later...

I recently watched Reservoir Dogs again, which was an excellent movie. I finally realized why that guy picked complete strangers to work together... so that they couldn't rat eachother out. Quentin Tarantino at one of his finest.

"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?"

"'Cause your a faggot."

Archived