Home

Good movies you've seen recently

VampireNaomi

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw it and...... WHOA!

It's not likely that anyone else has seen it just yet, so I'm keeping my gob shut.

I'm a bit of an X-Fan so yeah... WHOA! I'm satisfied

Few bits here and there that were a bit "um.... oookay" but overall...

... WHOA!

BIG PIECE OF ADVICE!!! WATCH UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS!!!

W H O A!

I'll have to add that to the list of movies I need to see!

I recently watched the 1996 Doctor Who TV Movie, but I'm still trying to make up my mind about it. Perhaps a second viewing is in order. Although its...ok, I find its heavily americanised, and being a fan of the Doctor, and being english, I find that this is a bit of a letdown.

Still the 8th doctor in it does have like 70-80 novels from the BBC, so meh..

I just saw it and...... WHOA!

It's not likely that anyone else has seen it just yet, so I'm keeping my gob shut.

I'm a bit of an X-Fan so yeah... WHOA! I'm satisfied

Few bits here and there that were a bit "um.... oookay" but overall...

... WHOA!

BIG PIECE OF ADVICE!!! WATCH UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS!!!

W H O A!

Lucky bas... devil. :cry8:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw X3 recently as well. I thought number 2 was waaaaay better, but it was still enjoyable. I hated how they invented two new mutants (mister spikey face and run-fast girl) instead of tapping into the vast xmen universe to make up the bad guys. AND, no Nightcrawler! What the hell? he was the best mutant from X2!

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought Antz on DVD and saw the English dub for the first time. Wow, the movie is a lot stronger with the original voice work. Woody Allen is just brilliant as Z and all the other celebrity voices match their characters perfectly.

I'm not really a fan of computer animated movies, but this one is definitely one of the best. I love it how the plot line is a little more adult and political than in your average children's movie. It can still be enjoyed by kids, though I think you have to be at least a teen to get all the jokes and references.

I have no idea why people keep telling me that A Bug's Life is better than this. Rubbish, I say.

Not to mention two movies about toys. Also, doesn't Disney have a movie called The Wild which is pretty similar to Madacasgar?

I actually read some articles about how there is a lot of stolen ideas and competition for the audiences behind the similarities. Here is some info about the mess with Antz/A Bug's Life.

• 1 month later...

The other day I saw a movie called 2:37. It's about a teenage suicide and teen problems in general. It sounds a bit cliche and it some parts it is but it makes up for it by very confronting and graphic. It deals with issues in probably the most realistic way I've seen. It also is an Australian film which really added to the realism for me since I'm used to watching american films.

I recommend it to anyone who likes watching movies that leave you silent and introspectivei n your seat after the credits have finished.

I saw the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel around a week ago. I liked it a lot more than the original, but I understand the criticism some people have directed at it. I'm just happy my favourite character (Norrington) hadn't been forgotten.

Also, I recently purchased a movie called Bubba Ho-Tep or something like that, but I haven't had the time to watch it yet. I've been told it's good. Has anyone here seen it?

Seen it twice and loved it both times! But I think they needed to harshly cut some of the scenes in the first hour because it takes ages to get going. But as soon as it gets going it never looks back.

You know, you and me have very similar tastes in charachters!

I saw Snakes on a Plane.

...I got cancer from that movie, but also developed an immunity to it during the climax of the film.

Also I saw Donnie Darko yesterday, heard it was good, picked it up and it kicked extra ass.

The Butterfly Effect is awsome. Too bad the sequel is being released next year: new cast, new director (drums and trumpets... JOHN LEONETTI!!! The worst director in Hollywood, with other flops like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, WTF?). That movie is doomed to go straight to DVD.

Archived