Home

Will there be a new X-WING game?

Spongie

Will there be a new X-WING game?

I mean X-wing was, is and allways will be the very best space-simulator ever.

After the very disappointing and buggy X3 reunion I wonder if there will be a new X-Wing game.

What I would like to see would be improved graphics, new missions and maybe somekind of trade options. Of cause it must be set in the original Star Wars timeline. I would not spend a cent for it if it would be set in Episode I-III

Also there must be NO changes in GUI and Gamplay because it is perfect like it is.

IS THERE A HOPE FOR A NEW X-WING GAME?

@Invader:

Did you get any answer or hint how likely a sequel is?

BTW: what does LEC and LFL mean? (I am not too good in english..)

@Heinrich:

Thanks for the hint I will give Freelanser a try.

PS: I even would be satisfied with a 1:1 remake of the old X-Wing Games just with much improved graphics.

Here's another stretch - a completely freeware game based on Babylon 5.

http://ifh.firstones.com/project/faq/

The link to hard-light that I posted yesterday is an open sourced project based on Freespace 2 which was a retail game in the late 90s. Many say it was the BEST space combat-sim. I loved it. Not sure that it was better than the Xwing games, and it is definately derivative of them. You can actually download Freespace 2 legally from an FTP site on the boards. Then you go into a lengthy routine to update the old data with newer and improved music and graphics. Go into the WIKI on that site for details.

This game has a long an interesting history. Sierra cancelled a Babylon 5 space sim when it was about 80% done. There was a lengthy negotiation by the programming team to obtain the code so that they could finish it...including BUYING the code but everything fell through. Have not bought a Sierra game since. The project lead started over, and the game above is the fruits of their labor.

Archived