Home

ATTE vs. ATAT

jawathehutt

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta go with the AT-TE. The AT-TE has the advantages of: lower height(tow cables don't work, less of a blind spot underneath/in front of it), rear guns(no rear blind spot like on the AT-AT), better turning(pretty self-explanatory). The AT-AT's height may give it a better line of sight range, but it also leaves its underside that much more vulnerable. Besides, one of the AT-AT's greatest assets was the intimidation factor. Seeing such a huge war machine would tend to scare enemy forces and make them less effective in combat. I'd say this probably wouldn't work on the Clone forces in the AT-TE. And to be fair, we didn't see any real threats to the AT-AT's, just infantry. Actual mechs like an AT-TE would definitely have to be at least a threat to the AT-AT.

idk whitch to pic

but ill show what i saw on the mod map

atte-outranrged atat with its progectile gun and disses out heavy damage

atat-kills atte with about 3-5 shot on the vehicle

atte-one gets threw and brigngs down the two lead atats then it gets shot up

id say in this case its a tie becase they never really got anywere

idk whitch to pic

but ill show what i saw on the mod map

atte-outranrged atat with its progectile gun and disses out heavy damage

atat-kills atte with about 3-5 shot on the vehicle

atte-one gets threw and brigngs down the two lead atats then it gets shot up

id say in this case its a tie becase they never really got anywere

What?

1 on 1, AT-AT vs AT-TE, I say the AT-AT would win in a straight up fight between the two, the AT-TE's tail guns are usless against it and the ability not to get tripped up by snow speeders is not important as their are none present.

However in terms of overall use the AT-TE is the better choice. It has weapons on all sides, has a lower profile making it harder to assault. Really the AT-AT seems more like a long range shock weapon that needs the support of infantry and other vehicles. The AT-TE is effective on it's own.

• 2 weeks later...
Disagree, the AT-AT is only faster than a slug when playing Empire at War, now THEN it makes a good transport. Otherwise, you can outrun it on foot.

Well, ATAT is supposed to be able to carry squadrons of bikes and such, making it a good mobile command/relay center of sorts in addition to being a transport and assault tank.

I'd always thought the AT-AT was more for protection for the guys it's carrying, not speedy transport. Hide inside it to stay safe from enemy snipers or turrets as it advances on the enemies position and storm out when the time is right.

Of course you'd have to be ready to bail out in case those pesky speeders manage to trip your ride up.

Wait, carrying bikes? Think about this sensibly. A bike that can do 200 plus is better driven, than being protected by a 1 MPH vehicle. Empire at War actually makes the AT-AT practical in function.

Paranoid, good point about the protection, but meh, that's what APCs are for. But again, Petroglyph do it in a very good way. I reccomend you visit the official site and watching the AT-AT movie.

Also, if Battlefront 3 ever wanted to loose the "cartoon" feel, then it also shows a realistic way troops get into the vehicle, rather than "popping" in and out. Halo 1/2 was masterfull with entrance animations.

Exactly, heck, ever wondered why the imps have a grappling hook in the first place? Easy. You want to enter the AT-AT, press the use button, he auto grapples and pulls himself in. You want out, he opens the door and absails out. You'd be vulnerable while in transit, but we're talking less than 5 seconds.

It'd be even cooler with hover vehicles because they could just jump in while the door pops open. I really dunno how it works with droids though, but even with Starships it'd be neat to be able to "pop the hatch".

Actually I'd love to see someone try to rush an "empty" AT-TE onlyfor the door to slide open and a full squad to come rushing out of it!

Archived