Home

About People Picking the game to pieces ( as my bro put it)

Jason91

About People Picking the game to pieces ( as my bro put it) And yes i'm pointing at you Darth Windu.....

you can't say a game is going to suck when it isn't even out yet..... oh yeh so it isn't going to have the PT in it... WOOP DE FKN DO.... no 1 else cares.... its going to be a good game none the less and i'm sick and tired of reading 3 and 4 page links about people complaining about the venator and the SSD not in.... I mean so wat it isn't that bigger deal... As juggernaut said ITS ONLY A SHIP.. and the modders are going to give you want you want anyway so i would be to worried if i was you....

And please stop picking the game to pieces..... i mean have you ever thought that the reason the didn't add the SSD or the venator is because it would throw ballance out the window and would make the imps to powerful.... and as for the time line ending at BOY i wouldn't be complaining over that either... the game still has alot of depth to it... and popcorn i kno you mabe be a little disheartened that the Tie interceptor and the SSD an't in the game but i wouldn't feel that disheartened because they can include it in an expansion and give people like juggernaut a chance to make them selves as modders and make moddels of the SSD.... and put them to the test, yes i am a little upset that they haven't included evey thing.. "including the kitchen sink..." and given us up to ROTJ but you "can't have your cake and eat it to can you?" i mean i don't care i still know this is going to be the best Starwars RTS EVER and i know it will woop BFM2's ass because its being made my EA and EA SUCK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! but i kno it will be good because its being made by westwood and I'VE NEVER PLAYED A BAD WESTWOOD GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So plz stop picking the game to pieces

AND 4 PEOPLE LIKE YOU WINDU IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TOUGH ****!!!!!!!!

Jason91

Hmm, no offense (everybody's got an opinion) but let's face it, even though the game isn't out yet, people have been releasing mods that unlock virtually everything from the single player campaign (minus some maps of course), so we're getting a clearer and clearer picture of what the game will actually be like, rather than just looking at some videos and screenshots.

I remember well how when the Jedi Academy demo came out we analyzed and commented on every inch of it and exploited the crap out of it with cheats we found. It was fun. Let's face it, if nobody cared about this game, they wouldn't be spending so much time and effort on it. I want it to be good. I know that my ranting and raving won't change a bad game into a good game, because I'm just one person and not somebody who pulls strings at LucasArts with $$$. I'm just a fan among fans, so I just express my opinion. The demo is good minus some really annoying bugs. The game looks like it could be good. The real test for me will be whether the multiplayer stacks up.

Far too many LucasArts liscensed/published games lately have had dismal Multiplayer support. They lack linux distributions, or good server tools or even internet play at all. Even some of the console games that promised great things ended up being rather flawed (see Revenge of the Sith's Coop mode for example). So I'm really hoping that the EaW team took a page out of the book of more successful multiplayer games and LucasArts allowed them to do what they needed to do. There probably isn't time for a multiplayer demo, but that would have been a nice idea, say if the game was coming out a month later than it is. Anything to make the game better.

People get upset when a game comes out crappy and has to be patched to be playable. However, what's worse is a game that's buggy when it comes out and then doesn't get so much as a band aid. The developers thus far have been very open about the game and communicate with us. That's a great start. Hopefully this is a sign that they're committed to this game for the long haul and will fight for the right to make it the best it can be, rather than a rushed, dumbed down product like unfortunately too many games of recent memory.

Sorry for the digression. I'm just hoping that I can balance out some of my more 'critical' comments lately (I wouldn't call them 'negative', I always aim for constructive criticism) and explain how people can possibly make a decision on this game.

Let's face it, a Star Wars game is never going to please everyone. There's casual fans, movie purists, EU purists, statistic fanboys, and gamers who just don't care if it's Star Wars at all. You've got limited time and limited budget, so you just have to do the best you can. We all understand that. And no game is going to ever be 100% bug free for all time. Graphics get outdated fast and the system specs keep increasing. But that doesn't mean a person can't evaluate a game, based on things besides personal taste (from a technical standpoint, from a customer service standpoint, modability, ease of us/learning curve, popularity, playtime value for $$$, etc).

It's really the fact of the mods, since it seems for the demo they just took a less than final build and "locked off" a lot of the main stuff, that now fans have unlocked.

Darth Alec, try these mods: http://www.petroden.com/game_mods_demo.shtml

Back to topic:

1. ABout the Venator and other EPIII units that do not exist in game i cleary stated that it's not about a ship, but it's about the connection between EpIII-EpIV. True, some people stick to that "one" ship but im not one of them, i see the story a bit deeper.

2. As Kurgan said, a company must sell to survive, so, it must attract as many customers as it can, no matter their relation to SW. Petro devs, as a new company, communicate very well with the community, they hear as, i've seen couple of things corrected due to fans' voice (ie. ground shield gens place, dollar symbol on unit :)), and they promised to back the game and the multiplayer after EaW is out. I believe, judging of the about 10.000 ppl that download the demo, that Petro will make a very good beginning with EaW and will not leave it on the "old projects" shelves. Plus, they'll most probably make an expansion.

Don't use words as " ... noone cares ... " and such in a discussion.

Because people do care. Not all of them, maybe not even many, but some do.

I may not agree with Windu on his view of the game, but I'll be on his side when defending his right to have an opinion ...... when it makes sense anyway. :D

Jan - I make sense? :confused:

Jason - well, that was quite a rant. Frankly, if I believe the game is flawed, then I will pick it apart and I will criticise it. Why? Because I don't particually like incomplete games (like KotOR2) and I disagree with some of the decisions made for EaW. Sure, people are going to disagree with me but in the end, what does it matter? I'm sure that LA and Petroglyph couldn't care less about what I have to say as long as the sales are good.

Incidently, I believe this is the first thread dedicated to little old me. Does this make me famous, or infamous? :D

and popcorn i kno you mabe be a little disheartened that the Tie interceptor and the SSD an't in the game but i wouldn't feel that disheartened because they can include it in an expansion and give people like juggernaut a chance to make them selves as modders and make moddels of the SSD....

Well, I wasnt so mad about the SSD and TIE Interceptor :D Though I will admit that I was upset at the news the venator wouldnt be included. It sure sucks compared to the newer ships but it looks awesome!

Also I am part of the Legacy of War mod team, because it has all my favorites! :) I couldnt resist. Now i'll have to talk to jugger about that venator.... ;)

About People Picking the game to pieces ( as my bro put it) And yes i'm pointing at you Darth Windu.....

you can't say a game is going to suck when it isn't even out yet..... oh yeh so it isn't going to have the PT in it... WOOP DE FKN DO.... no 1 else cares.... its going to be a good game none the less and i'm sick and tired of reading 3 and 4 page links about people complaining about the venator and the SSD not in.... I mean so wat it isn't that bigger deal... As juggernaut said ITS ONLY A SHIP.. and the modders are going to give you want you want anyway so i would be to worried if i was you....

And please stop picking the game to pieces..... i mean have you ever thought that the reason the didn't add the SSD or the venator is because it would throw ballance out the window and would make the imps to powerful.... and as for the time line ending at BOY i wouldn't be complaining over that either... the game still has alot of depth to it... and popcorn i kno you mabe be a little disheartened that the Tie interceptor and the SSD an't in the game but i wouldn't feel that disheartened because they can include it in an expansion and give people like juggernaut a chance to make them selves as modders and make moddels of the SSD.... and put them to the test, yes i am a little upset that they haven't included evey thing.. "including the kitchen sink..." and given us up to ROTJ but you "can't have your cake and eat it to can you?" i mean i don't care i still know this is going to be the best Starwars RTS EVER and i know it will woop BFM2's ass because its being made my EA and EA SUCK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! but i kno it will be good because its being made by westwood and I'VE NEVER PLAYED A BAD WESTWOOD GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So plz stop picking the game to pieces

AND 4 PEOPLE LIKE YOU WINDU IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TOUGH ****!!!!!!!!

Jason91

Um, was this thread really neccasary? It looks and seems like spam to me.....

:rolleyes:

I forgot a very important point from my above post. The developers of the game have even asked for our feedback. That means sure, that some people are just going to rant and rave, but through it all, some constructive and/or useful feedback will come out. Some of us have been at this a long time, others are relatively new. In the end, it's all for a good cause. Anyone who's 100% perfectly happy with a game and doesn't care about anyone else's opinion need not concern themselves with a forum like this if it offends them to hear opposing views. Right? ;)

But there's plenty of people who post nothing but positive stuff about a certain game. If we limited discussion to only that, it would get quite boring around here...

Archived