Home

Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire: Discussion and Recruitment thread

starmark2k

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, storyline update:

After stingerhs gives Jeez's response to whether or not he's going to do some 'mind work' on Beryl to find out what her nightmares are about, I'm going to zip us down to Chandrila and into the corporate apartment.

The apartment will be large enough to have bedrooms for everyone (think of it like an expensive, private resort suite) and will have all the mod cons (mail, holonet, etc.). So, if any characters have private business to attend to (i.e. any subplots that you're working on for the next thread, etc.), that would be a good time to do it.

Conn will need to invite his contact (Quist's charry Noelle) over to the apartment for a chat. (Maybe dinner?) Hopefully, she can assist us in getting into the part of ChandraMed that is doing the drug experiments. (And possibly find a prototype antidote for the effects.)

We'll need to get fake IDs for Nic and Conn (so think up some aliases guys). Jeez will have the choice of either a fake ID, masquerading as a clone, or using his Jedi powers to avoid detection when they go out. Meanwhile, Jack and Sam (and probably either Jana or Teser, too) will do some recon on the security (like security patrol patterns and when/how deliveries are made, etc.) for ChandraMed, with the assistance of the blueprints Riebe procured. When they get back, we'll then need to formulate a plan to investigate the 'plumbing' underneath ChandraMed, and its connection to the water treatment plant that it's connected to underground.

I don't want to split the entire group for more than a day (RP time), but I think we'll need two teams for the investigating part--one for the water treatment plant (which is run by the Imperials) and one for the ChandraMed facility. Nic and Cloud need to be in the water treatment group, but beyond that I'm open for ideas. Oh, and there should be some sort of 'creatures' in the water treatment plant, not native to Chandrila but placed there by the Imps.

After their investigation, everyone needs to meet back at the apartment and make the final preparations for breaking into the facility and destroying the water treatment plant. (So, we'll need explosives and things. :) )

If anyone has any other suggestions, fire away. :rifle1:

• 1 month later...

I know there has been a board wide slowdown in RP posting but it seems to have affected this RP longer than the others. So I just want to know if the reason is that you’re busy, waiting for someone else to post, not sure what to post or simply you do not want to continue here.

Personally I was waiting for stinger to post, which is why I haven’t been that active here.

Can everyone please let me know why you haven’t been posting and when/if you intend to post.

Thank you

Starmark2k

Sorry that I haven't been on the IMs of late to do joint posts. :s RL things have been getting in the way (things like... sleep, for instance) and my schedule has been pretty wonky for the past few days. Not to mention *oh-so-crappy* internet service!! (grrr....)

Anyway, I've managed to put together a post at work today. I've tried to include/mention everyone in it, so hopefully it will give you all some ideas for your posts. Basically, I'd like to get Quist's character on board and involved, so Noelle can appear at the apartment anytime now. ((Quist, just have her arrive and ring the bell. :) ))

I'm not sure what Jeez and Cloud were planning to do, but I've given them some options. Jack, too, for that matter. Nic can go and do his investigating in the town and come back to meet Noelle later. Jana, Riebe, and Teser need to go and check out the ChandraMed facility and report back on the least intrusive way to get inside. Writer, we can do a joint post with Jana and Beryl when Jana & Co. finish with that task.

sorry for not paying attention. i should've seen that post a long time ago, but for some reason, i didn't notice. that's been remedied, though. ;)

and Jasra, you about gave me a heart attack when i saw that you had posted in the RP. i've seriously been wondering what happened to ya. its good to see ya back. :)

• 3 months later...

Ok We've hit another slow down in the RP so once again i'm asking if if this is because A) you don't want to continue in he RP. B) You don't know what to post. c) You've just forgot about it?

Please let me know whatever your answer is. Thank You

• 3 months later...

Alright, so here's the deal. I may not be online anywhere near as often any more, but I'd at least like to keep the MC threads going. Especially this one; Nic an' the crew have been through too much together to just up an' die like this!

Who's with me?

I haven't, either. I think we've just found other things to distract us with...I know Jasra, starmark and I have been working on an off-site RP and have been pretty involved with that, so that's what's taking up some or our time. Jas and I talk about reviving MC, but things always seem to fall through. xD

I'm going to try and get something done this weekend if possible.

Yes, I want to keep this going, and yes, I have a plan. (Stingerhs, don't have a heart-attack. Yes, it's really me. :p)

Apologies for not being online on LF much. I have been busy with another site, but... I did leave a plan and I was the last to post in the thread.

So, here's the new 'revival' plan below. If someone in each group can start off a post and just follow the guidelines, we should get rolling again. :)

Noelle, Nic, Conn, Jeez, and NPC Cloud

• Noelle will need to get her hands on three body bags, as I’m assuming that Jeez will be using the Force to conceal his identity when they go in through the employees entrance. (Plus, Noelle will need help carting in the ‘corpses’)

• Once inside, Noelle will need to lead the way to the secure research facility. Jeez can take care of any security guards. There could be security cameras and hidden alarms as well, so keep an eye out. Once things are secured, get the three guys out of their body bags. (They’ll be claustrophobic and hot and sweaty by then, I would imagine.)

• Access the main research database and find the Imperial project. It should be listed under the Special Projects section and require Noelle’s security clearance to access. There will be several projects listed, but Conn will find one project called ‘Fibat’ quite interesting.

• Once they’ve accessed the data, Conn and Noelle will notice that the project is in its final phases. They may even find some data regarding 'Test Subject B' (which Conn can assume is Beryl) as well as a note that the final phase should be completed soon and will be overseen by Admiral Quitaan himself. (Meaning, he's probably someplace nearby.) They will have to work to sabotage the results to make it look like the project is unfeasible for implementation.

• Probably at about this time, a silent alarm will have been tripped and security forces will be on their way to the lab. Since Jeez, Nic, and Cloud will need to find the entrance to the underground facility, this would be the perfect time for the party to split up. Nic and the Jedi can lead the security forces away from the lab, and then stumble onto the underground facility (maybe in a similar fashion as Han Solo escaping from the Deathstar detention facility with Leia? Fall into the sewer after blasting a hole in the wall? Just a thought.)

• The trio should along the sewer pipes until they come to the water treatment facility. There will be several Stormtroopers guarding what looks like to be an underground construction site. Send word to Sam and Jack to set off their distraction. This will cause havoc and alarms ringing.

• Conn and Noelle can escape from the facility (maybe with Conn in disguise) while the facility is being evacuated (from the alarms in the underground area).

Jana, Reibe, Beryl, Teser

• They enter through the ChandraMed main entrance, posing as Imperial inspectors.

• Once inside, they navigate their way to the main storage warehouses where ChandraMed stores all of their products before shipping.

• It is a large place, lots of rows of crates and boxes. Teser locates the pallets containing the new drug. Beryl is sent by Reibe to get lifts to shift the crates to another part of the warehouse (so that there is the least amount of destruction to the facility and prevent a loss of lives). When she returns, Teser and Jana are gone, and Reibe saying that she has located another set of crates containing the special drug and has sent them off to destroy them. Suspecting a trap, Beryl moves the crates with Reibe and takes them to a remote place in the warehouse.

• Meanwhile, Jana and Teser are surprised by a group of stormtroopers while they are securing a stack of crates. Teser falls from the top and is left unconscious. Jana fights her way out of the situation, but realising that she can’t carry Teser, she lays him in a safer place (he’s dressed as an Imperial so someone will take care of him) and then hurries off to find Beryl and Reibe.

• Jana arrives just as Beryl and Reibe are confronting Berasmus and Dr. Ferrana.

• The rest… TBA. ;)

Sam and Jack

• Sam and Jack are to gather up their explosives (of which they can argue about who’s taking and carrying what) and go to the water treatment plant for the city.

• They will need to infiltrate it, find the place that the Imperials are working on the tunnels inside.

• When they receive word from Nic, they create a distraction to draw the Imps away so that Jeez, Nic, and Cloud can destroy any connections they have made to the main water supply.

• They will then proceed to the rendezvous point.

• 2 weeks later...

okay time to conjure up teh ancient magic of teh great elder Jedi....

*stingerhs waves his Wiimote and nunchuck around in some seemingly random fashion*

MEGAPOKE!!!!!!

with that out of the way, can we please get this rp moving??? pretty please??? with whipped cream and cherries on top???

• 3 weeks later...

Groups 1 and 3 need some activity... Jasra and I can keep our end going, but without the rest of you, this story still ain't gonna finish, no matter how hard we try :p

And Niner, before you say it, yes I know I'm an impatient youngster who needs to realize y'all have lives outside of the internet... now, POST :p

Archived