Home

Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire: Discussion and Recruitment thread

starmark2k

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys. Sorry I wasn't on. My life has been going to hell lately. Lots of things have been happening to me and I don't even have time to explain it all. I am just hating myself for letting all of this happen to me. But, now, I think I have recovered enough to continue on here. If not, Jarsa has been doing a good job with Cloud.

Cya whenever,

ExtreamJedi12.

Thanks, EJ! Sorry you've been having a tough time battling DRL (Darth RealLife). We all do sometimes. But glad to see you're back!! :) Just jump in with Cloud whenever you want to. He's your character. I've just been carrying him for you. ;) Welcome back!

Message from Starmark. He posted this in the Age of the Rebellion.

OK Guys so you know my laptop fell on the floor and has stopped working so i'll probably be AWOL until i get it repaired or get a new one (so i could be off for a while). So i'm leaving the wonderful Jasra in charge until i return (as she is the ship captain). Alos i'd appreciate it if Wild, Jasra or Steven could post this in the AOTE thread so sting and Ex know whats going on.

I'm using my work computer at the moment and am breaking several rules doing this, so i proberly shouldn't do it again.

starmark2k and wildjedi: you guys are more than welcome to finish the discussion your characters are having. however, i do think that we need to get moving with the part of Nic turning down a job offer.

the plan is that, when Nic is available, an NPC that i'll be controlling will contact the Echo and request to speak to Nic privately about the contract.

and if you're having problems connecting for said problem, let us know. ;)

Ok, thought I should let you know that I've edited my post where Beryl is heading off to the Echo. She just conned the dockhands in putting her bike on a repulsorlift trolley so it would be easier for her to move into the Echo's cargo bay. (Because I imagine it would be sort of difficult to force those things to go slow. :) ) So, she's walking her bike there, as the Echo should be docked just a few bays down from Bay23A. (Does anyone remember where we're parked?)

Anyway, this lets Nic, Jana and Jack finish their convo in the cockpit on their own while Beryl, Ryshana, Cloud and Oliver walk back to the Echo. Besides, Beryl wouldn't just ride off on her own and leave her friends behind to get a taxi! ;)

Sorry for the confusion.

Well i don't know how many people got the PM from wildjedi but it seems he is leaving the forum without any intent to return (Yes it was quite out of the blue, to say i was shocked would be an understatement). He did say that we could do with his characters as we wish and i would like to continue the RP with the Jana character... so i suggest we just do with her what we do with Impe and had done with Cloud.

Jana as an NPC sounds like the best option. But, I'm really going to miss WJ's wit, humour, plot ideas, and the rapport between his and everyone else's characters. Lots, and lots and lots. (And, I'll miss chatting with him on MSN. :( )

Hope whatever he does though, that he doesn't give up on his writing and that he's happy.

But, I'm really going to miss WJ's wit, humour, plot ideas, and the rapport between his and everyone else's characters. Lots, and lots and lots. (And, I'll miss chatting with him on MSN. :( )

Hope whatever he does though, that he doesn't give up on his writing and that he's happy.

QFE. we're gonna miss you up here, Wild. :(

and here's to hoping that we can get the RP moving again. ;)

well, part of me not posting has to do with my ISP giving me some serious fits. the other part does have to with the forums not working properly. however, i did save the draft i had written as a .txt file, so it won't take me long at all to get things up and running again. ;)

I hate to leave so soon, but I'm going on Christmas vacation. I have grandparents in Colorado and I'm going to visit them. I hate to go when I just got back, but it's family matters. Hope you do good without me, :(

EJ12

We'll take good care of Cloud while you're gone. :) Have a good time and Merry Christmas, and we'll see you next year. :noel:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, there! After chatting on IM with wildjedi and PM'ming starmark2k, I come before you with a proposal:

The character 'Jana Vincent' is a 'VIP' to this thread. As such, it makes little sense for her to be an NPC. I've done some studying on the character (in my spare time) and feel I could portray her with some accuracy.

Like I said, I've PM'med starmark2k and while he said he was fine with me taking over Jana, he told me to check with stingerhs. I'm taking his suggestion one step further and asking all of you who are involved in the thread:

Do I have your permission to take control of Jana?

• 3 weeks later...

to move us along: lets fast forward to the point when we are about to leave hyperspace. for the record: Cloud, Jana, and possibly Nic should be finishing with locking Beryl up in binders and confining her to a "cell". Ryshana will have already been knocked out with a serum from Oliver and should be on the table in the medbay, with restraints holding her down, of course.

For some minor info, Ryshana gave Nic her lightsaber so that he can hook it to his belt as a "trophy" and for safekeeping in case the Imperials tried to confiscate it.

Ok, I'm waiting for Jana or Nic to do move Beryl to the 'detention' cell. Think Jack should land the ship or at least be approaching the prison planet so we can do the handover.

Hopefully, once we get split up, things will go a bit easier. Since Cloud will be in the Headhunter, he can act as the go-between and let the two groups know what's happening to each other. So, while EJ is still away, I'll keep him going.

Think Jack should land the ship or at least be approaching the prison planet so we can do the handover.
i've notified Steven in a PM that i will temporarily take control of Jack after the 31st if he doesn't step in so that the story can keep going.

as for you, starmark, just remember that you're going to go ahead with that one storyline that you were going to do after the handover. just letting you know so that you're prepared. ;)

Hey all. I've been reading the RP for a little while now and I really like the storyline and how it's progressing. I've been looking to jump into a SW-themed RP for some time and this one seems like a winner. So I'm offering a proposal here for you all to consider. :3

Since the crew is about to split up and Beryl and Ryshana are heading down to the prison facility, I thought that would be a good point for my character to jump in. I was imagining a medic in the infirmary (since Beryl has a few scrapes to be tended to). She'd meet him there and realize that she knows him from somewhere and see that as an opportunity to help with the mission, since he'd not exactly volunteered to be there and could be looking for a way out.

So that's my general idea and proposal and I'm more than open to modifications and new ideas. If you all like it and accept (I hope you do!), then I'll post a more fleshed-out profile later.

Thanks.

~Niner

Archived