Home

You've played the demo. Will you buy the game?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Will you buy the full game after playing the demo?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the full game after playing the demo?

• Oh man yes!
    • Yes - but only thanks to the Mods
    • No, i wont be buying it

Ah... the perfect opportunity to get this off my chest!

If it weren't for the mods like Bryant's and Chriz', I would have passed this game up. The "stock" demo was pathetically short and did not truly show what the game was about. What I needed was a short campaign mode that let me play a good length game with a wide variety of units available. With the above mentioned mods, all of my concerns regarding what EAW was about were satisfied, and with the active modding community eagerly awaiting the full release, the prospects of a long playing life seem high.

I have been finding myself attracted to games that are "moddable". Games like TESIII: Morrowind, Operation Flashpoint, and the Unreal series have all been personal favorites since the extensibility of those titles is limited only by the imagination and interest of the community at large. These are all games that I have played from release and continue to play today. With the PC games industry following Hollywood's "rehash of old trash" policy, it's good to see that some developers still value creativity and the end user community.

What truly makes good games great is the ability for the community to "improve" (or not) the game at large. Also, the response of Petroglyph in regards to these mods also pushed me over the "fence" to move toward pre-ordering the title. I REALLY like to see developers support the modding community rather than condemn them.

One last thing: If Petroglyph releases an expansion pack, please make it an "EXPANSION" that adds to the original game and not a separate game. I hate it when developers do that!

i FELL IN LOVE WITH IS GAME THE MNIUTE I SAW A PIC OF IT I JUMPED FOR JOY CUS I'M A HUGE STARWARS N.E.RD LOLZ and i love rts's so i immediately put this down on my wishlist i just hope to god that i get the collectors eddition here is australia cus if not i won't be a happy chappy but oh well i'll get retail version neway

Jason91

Mods - Until I saw how easily and fast modders go (even with the demo), I was just blowing this off as another "Star Wars" money grab title. It still has a lot of work, imo, but maybe the modders will create something close to what I wish the game to be like.

Honestly? Back when Westwood made those C&C games all I could think was "Man, I wish LucasArts would outsource to them to make a Star Wars game..." And that day came, and the fruits of their labours is nearly among us...

I've got it pre-ordered, but I'll get it sooner if I can... But definatly buying it...

as is - absolutely NOT.

this is the most unstable piece of trash game i have ever had the misforune of playing. the quality of this demo is not even high enough to be considered a beta version, given the frequency in which it crashes. this will be the first SW game i do not buy.

Battlefront runs smooth as hell... never lag, never bugs, and certainly never crashes. Both 1 and 2. In fact all games i play run perfectly smooth. My system is far mroe power than i need, and has been stable since built. my problem is solely with EAW which cannot play a single land map. the most hits in a single forum on the lucasarts EAW forum site shows that this is a common problem, and certainly a demo that can't run is a sure indication of what's to come. so unless the demo gets fixed, no i won't be buying the game, since it's not like i can return it.

i actually tried using mods in case that would help, but it did not. Every time i start a land map, bam... crash. However, sometimes, i crash before that. Thre weirdest thing is this only started after i played the whole thing through once. go figure. but reinstalling helped not.

I have to say I won't be buying. For starters, I've always had trouble enjoying RTS games - I usually get bored in a few weeks after buying them. Furthermore, I'm just not understanding Eaw. I can't win battles, can't coordinate my forces quickly, and the friendly AI is (imo) terrible. The space battles are almost as bad, but at least I can manage them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived