Home

need help..

dead kitty

I'm stuck where you have to figure out the color code on the control panel. I don't know which goes in order. I looked up every walkthrough of The Dig, (which there is only about 6 or 7), and all of them are differen't! and the color codes they say to put in are wrong.

This comes a little late, but I'll reply in case someone else is stuck at the same spot.

I don't think there is one right code to solve that. Different color takes the hook to different direction. I can't remember the directions now (you have to use trial and error to find out) but if we assume that blue = left and green = right and that you have to go seven right, it doesn't matter whether you hit seven times green or ten times blue and seventeen times green etc.

I'm sorry I can't give an exact code. It's lots of fun to try and find the right combination on your own when you realise how the machine works, though. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's really easy, it goes like this:

BLUE = UP

PURPLE = LEFT

GREEN = RIGHT

YELLOW = DOWN

The center button is to CATCH

The white buttons are for delete/delete all the color paterns.

And now you just have to catch the lens and place it where it belongs.

You can do it!

• 3 months later...

The first code is 4 purple, 2 yellow & 1 red, after you enter it exit that panel and go to the thing on the left side of the screen, it says triangular button, or something like that, after you press it the robot picks up the lens. Now you have to enter another code foe the robot to fix it, its 5 purple, 4 blue & 1 red, you push the triangular button again and the robot will fix the lens.

• 5 months later...

Yo ho.

I too have tried all the different walkthroughs, all of them showing a different code, i've tried the ones you've suggested and i've played around for hours putting different combos, all in vain.

I'm at that stage where i'm thinking there must be something wrong with my copy of the game.

Could you clarify whether you leave the original code in an put the second one in after it, or delete the first one first? I've tried doing both.

Gah! I'm ripping hair from my head!

How are you supposed to guess a code that complex? Is there no where that points out the code?

Nope...... you are the first one.

Here is your AWARD FOR BEING THE FIRST TO GET STUCKED IN THE CONTROL ROOM!

;)

Anyway comeback if you have troubles in some other part of the game. It's just awesome that people are still playing The Dig for the first time.

• 6 months later...

yeah, when I watched my sister play and enter the combination, i thought the puzzle was impossible to figure out, that and the laser crystal puzzle. she would always go on prodigy to ask for help, and I thought they gave her some complex solution that you'd never be able to figure out on your own.

Then when I played it on my own a couple of years later and expected to get stuck on this puzzle, it immedately made sense as i noticed how the crystal that came down wasn't part of the background and was moving in a 2D plan. then it didn't seem so impossible.

Archived