Home

Tie fighters spawn

PygmyShrew

In tutorials, the first imperial one allows you to use acclamators. In answer to the fighters, they are spawned according to the ship. For instance acclamators when they are in space spawn 1 flight of tie fighters and 1 flight of bombers. If a flight is destroyed it then immediately launches another flight until it has no more left. The victory I think launches 2 tie fighter wings at a time and carries more, etc.

when i first heard about this game long time ago, i was always excited just from the thoughts or personally organizing your fleets and attack. Even though Im stuill excited about this game, i see it being too arcadish, like ships spawning their own fighters instead of u assigning fighters to each ship. Or instead of making your own capital ship of the fleet and assigning your admiral for the fleet, they do it for you. Too bad...

when i first heard about this game long time ago, i was always excited just from the thoughts or personally organizing your fleets and attack. Even though Im stuill excited about this game, i see it being too arcadish, like ships spawning their own fighters instead of u assigning fighters to each ship. Or instead of making your own capital ship of the fleet and assigning your admiral for the fleet, they do it for you. Too bad...

I agree, maybe after some time after the full release we may see a patch, It cant be that hard to do can it? :ears1:

yea. Like i wanted the characters to play more of a role of rebellion like become admiral, general etc. but added the ability for them to actually fight. But its instead unique units that respawn. Veterancy would have added such a unique spin to things such as being rewarded for efficiency.

I remember a while ago they commented on rome:total war in comparison to this game, and they said it was too boring etc. Yes cause he speaks from the shoes of a general arcadish player. But for everyone else, the hardcore friends loved it. That game was soo sucessful because of the strategu, yet they decided to make the general fan happy rtaher than the loyalists/strategy hardcore players. Upsets me a bit.

I'd expected veterancy (experience points) too. It was in Force Commader, it just brings you closer to your units. For example, in a recent demo-game i played, i destroyed 2 SDs, 1 victory and 1 interdictor with 2 single frigates (those small ones, with the 4 concusion missiles and 2 lasers); i'd like to see them gaining exp. points, becoming stronger in accurancy, moneuvers etc., but after the battle, they were just 2 frigates among the others that existed and the ones to be build...

Maybe in an x-pack...

veteracy can be added to it easily, the prob is that it could make everything concearning balancing complicated which would make it a huge maybe since the ship date is coming up fast. But who knows.

I wouldn't be so sure, Delphi over at the PFF said it would be pretty impossible because veterancy would require far too much coding into stuff that is hard coded into the .EXE file.

Rtw for hardcore players? As somebody who is a fan since stw, and works on the eb mod for rtw let me say: Rtw is not for hardcore players, stw was, mtw maybe, but not rtw. The best game of the series till now was mtw imho.

Veterancy would be cool yes, would make you appreciate your units much more. And i'd absolutely like to have an elite tie corps or something like that.

I think veterancy would have been great, sure it would add a bit of micro-management but they could make it minor. Or maybe minor and when working with multiple veteran units they gain a larger bonus. The bonus doesn't have to be big it could just be a small bonus that hardcores could use to get that extra OOMPHAH! down their pants to win an even game. And anyways couldn't they set veterancy to something toggle-able so that hard core people could play it and casual people who wanted minimal management didn't have to deal with it? Just my humble thoughts...(if you read this good for you yeah I write too much...)

But anyhow, I'm sure everyone would love to have an elite star destroyer to win a key victory or two that you could use to cull the best of your fleet to.

Archived