Home

IMP WEAK

akito272

ties are supposed to be weak, the capital ships dying to quick? Im not sure I can properly comment on that not playing the mod or full game, if its true it needs fixing, itd be nice to do some tests, Rebel Frigate x 1 vs Victory Destroyer x 1 and see exactly what happens.

i went with 2 ISD against a mon calamari, frigate(anti-fithter one), and the other small but for attack(thats was the small display said), and a space station.

i send by ties and bombers, and they were gone in no time, plus how is that my ship takes hull damage with its shield at full ???

"i send by ties and bombers, and they were gone in no time, plus how is that my ship takes hull damage with its shield at full ???"

Answer is, proton torpedos go right thru shields which is ludacris. Dont know where they got it from and unless all the xwing games were wrong, there deff wrong.

most demo combat that was "unlocked" wont be like the full version

Clone_troopa is correct, the demo is from an earlier December build, the 17th to be specific, and the combat will be slightly changed in the final release. Right now the game is being balanced, so unit strengths/weaknesses may change, though probably not drastically.

Actually if Mon Cals rip through your Imperial Star Destroyers you have very bad tactics, sorry.

I've been playing Bryant's mod and on day 64, I attacked Mon Calamari.... Which turned out to be the rebels most defended planet space wise on this particular play session. I attacked with Captain Piett, 20 ISDs (some obviously in reserves), 10 VSDs and various other combat craft. My battle score turned out to be 78%. My main losses were Captain Piett 6 Star Destroyers and 7 Victories.

My enemy's main losses: Admiral Ackbar and 56 Mon Cal Cruisers. That single battle lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes.

It was quite fun.

Actually if Mon Cals rip through your Imperial Star Destroyers you have very bad tactics, sorry.

I've been playing Bryant's mod and on day 64, I attacked Mon Calamari.... Which turned out to be the rebels most defended planet space wise on this particular play session. I attacked with Captain Piett, 20 ISDs (some obviously in reserves), 10 VSDs and various other combat craft. My battle score turned out to be 78%. My main losses were Captain Piett 6 Star Destroyers and 7 Victories.

My enemy's main losses: Admiral Ackbar and 56 Mon Cal Cruisers. That single battle lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes.

It was quite fun.

now THAT's what im talking about :D

You dont know it but youve just restored my faith in this game to provide big epic battles :D

It was quite fun.

Sounds like a great battle. Any trouble with planet based weapons? Ion cannon or hypervelocity gun? Or just suck up the losses in a manly, Imperial way and forge ahead?

i like how missles and torps go through shields. it makes the game more complex. hey, you know them ion cannons the cap ships have? whats thier strength? is it shields?

It's abit inaccurate, as all warships are equipped with both particle shields and ray shielding. And missiles and torpedoes are usually enveloped inside an energy cocoon to increase the damage and shield penetration.

As for the Imperials being weak ... I'm gonna hold off my opinion on this one till the game comes out for sure.

Just on initial impression, the ISD's are too fragile. They should have more brute strength both than a mon cal, which ought to be faster and maybe have more resilient hard-points or something. Also, I know a VSD should beat a neb-b, but the poor frigates seemed way too fragile. In x-wing the things were one of the nastiest cap ships to get close to.

Sounds like a great battle. Any trouble with planet based weapons? Ion cannon or hypervelocity gun? Or just suck up the losses in a manly, Imperial way and forge ahead?

It was a very great battle, but I don't think the mod had the galactic A.I. quite working all the way, for the demo, I'm sure it will be better in the full version. There wasn't an Ion Cannon on the ground, and actually when I brought in my ground fleet after moping up the last mon cal there wasn't much at all on the ground.

This was in the invasion of Mon Calamari, so I supposed they were building up a huge MonCal fleet to send off to various captured planets for defense, but I ran into them before they sent them. I honestly thought it was bugged and would never end, Because the Rebels kept bringing in more moncals as reinforcements.

It was the best battle I've played in the demo yet.

Yes, several missle corvettes, corellian corvettes, awing squadrons, xwing squads, ywing squads, assault frigates, it was a massive force.... and I had a similliary massive force (used a bounty hunter to spy on the forces before I invaded). Many ISD's in reserve, VSDs, all the different corvettes, patrol craft etc.

Again, the best battle I've had :-D

I just listed the most important losses for each side, because those were the most impressive, the biggest vessels.

Archived