Home

DVD-ROM

whiteflash

Well I live in America and most serious gamers do have DVD drives though most do still use CD-ROM. Lucas Arts usually releases all their games on both formats in America, so I would expect a DVD release, but im not real sure since now the lucas arts website just says CD-ROM. But advertisments here in America also have the DVD-ROM symbol.

You can either wait and see or ask the question in our Q&A.

It likely to be DvD in the U.K. But I think it will be Cd-Rom in America mostly due to the fact that most americans (this is a guess) have more cd-rom drives than dvd drives

Huh? I don't think so. People still use a CD-Rom reader on their computer because they didn't feel the need to fork out the money to change until only recently.

It has nothing to do with different parts of the world.

The game will be available in both format everywhere.

Man I've had a DVD since 1999. Actually I still have that drive, a Toshiba 6X DVD-ROM. The thing can't read any writable DVDs.

It's all marketing in the US. The dumb collectors' editions. So to get your copy of the game on DVD instead of a million CDs, you gotta spend more. Convenient.

I suppose it's possible that the reasoning includes the cheap ass OEM PCs that only come with CDRW drives, like from Dell and others. Of course, those machines aren't capable of playing this game, or most games from this decade in fact.

You can either wait and see or ask the question in our Q&A.

*Quoted for Emphasis*

Also, I dug up this semi-old thread I made about the DVD-ROM subject:

Look at this picture...

The picture on there is from the back of the manual for Battle Front II. You can clearly see that the PC DVD-ROM logo is there, which is clear evidence there will be a DVD-ROM release. The only question is what version will it be. Now I know some of you are going to be skeptical and say they have changed information so much that it may no longer be DVD-ROM'ed, well I can tell you that Lucas Arts has made most of their recent PC games both formats so I can almost assure you that there will be a DVD version.

Archived