Home

Tierce (The Royal Guardsman) **Spoilers**

The Source

Tierce (The Royal Guardsman)

At the moment, I am reading 'Spector of the Past'. Unfortunately, I read 'Vision of the Future' first. This is a two part series that deals with 'Flim' a fake Thrawn. Hense, Flim-Flam... Now, Flim was just a pawn. In a story about what could have turned out to be another great character, Tierce was sold short of his potential.

Zhan should have spun everyone away from Thrawn, and create an even more threatening character in Trierce.

So, what makes Trierce so special?

1. He took advantage at an opportinity to gain power by manipulating his suroundings. His pawns. Even without being in power.

2. He was a former 'Royal Guardsman' of Lord Vader, and survived through the events of 'Return of the Jedi'. He knows military tactics, and knows how to work in the shadows.

3. He studied tactics under Thrawn, and served as one of his Stormtroopers. During his service to Thrawn, he never once tipped his hand about being apart of the 'Royal Guard'.

4. He brought life back into the Empire by convincing everone that Thrawn was still alive.

5. He is one of the most emotionless Imperials ever, and has the attitude of Boba Fett.

6. Because of his training and service as a "Royal Guardsman', he acts on instinct. Kills when necessary.

Who else was sold short of their potential as a major player in EU..?

lolz. Kir Kanos > Tierce. In fact when I read about Tierce I groaned because I thought it was Zahn's lame ass way pf ripping of Kir Kanos and the awesome Crimson Empire series.

I would have loved Vergere to hang around, she stirred the pot in magnificent fashion. One could hust imagine how things would be like if she was still around to be Jacen's mentor.

also, a book that was published in 1998 doesnt really need a spoiler warning :)

mtfbwya

Archived