Home

Order of hardpoint destruction.

Hello all,

I was wondering what is everyones order of destruction they take on, when attacking a space station and/or enemy craft.

I usually start with the shield generators (if the craft has one) and then move onto the ion weapons, the next part is sometimes different for me, either the hanger or the turbolasers get it, then lastly the missile launchers, because they never really seem to annoy me at all.

So.... what does everyone else like blowing up first? :smash:

I go shields, then missles/protons, then what ever is left. The missles/protons bypass shields from what ive noticed, and those really get anoying when they strip your own weapons off.

As for those Vile Mon Cal rebel ships(pure satanic evil, with their no shield gen point). I just use bombers to strip them to death.

For the space station, this is what I had to do, or it glitched up for me:

Shield Generator, Supply Dock, Hangar, then the order doesn't matter, but usually the Communications Array goes down last.

With regards to Imperial cap ships, I go for the Shield Generators first, then Hangar or weapons, depending upon how I'm doing otherwise.

For me It was, Hangar, Sheild generator, Supply Dock, This is interesting, but I do always like to kill the hangar early to get rid of the ties that come out, for some reason I always end up killing the communications array or the main laser turrets last. In terms of Cap ships(Imperial), I go for the hangar first, weapons or sheild generators, then engins to prevent escape, then the order wont matter that much... If it is an old accelmator assault ship then I would got for the weapons first, then engins, then generators after that the order does not matter.

I would send in my all of my fighters to attack the other fighters and send in bombers to take out the shields. Then i would use my heavy ships to attack the rest starting with the hangar so no more fighters can get out. Then the engines, cannons, torpedos, then lastly the ion cannons if any.

I do it like that:

Stations: (if Imperial)-> Shields, Supply Dock, Hangar, Missles, everything else

(if Rebel)-> Shields, Hangar, everything else

Ships(if Imperial)->:vsd:Shields, Hangar, Missles, everything else

(if Rebel)->:x-wing:Everything :)

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm fighting something with a hanger, I swarm my bombers at that first while using fighters and any hero fighters (aka han or boba) to keep the enemy fighters away from the bombers.

Bombers bypass shields anyways, so taking out that makes sure your bombers can roam relatively safely. Nothing worse than having all your bombers killed by fighers.

At the same time, I have capital ships focus on the gunboats and missle cruisers.

After the hanger is destroyed or if there was no hanger in the first place, the shield generator is next followed by the missile launchers and turbolasers. Gunboats target any remaining fighters and bombers while missle cruisers provide fire support for the bombers

In Terms of attacking order on curtain hardpoints on ships and star bases, I would say this.

My largest capital focus on holding the fire against the lower-class capitol ships, to make way for the bombers to attack the distracted ships. I as well would use the fighters to focus on the hero(es)[if any] otherwise the fighters would go a fighter vs. fighter/hardpoint(primarily the hangar as my highest priority, then Shield Generator after that goes the engines ending with the weapons). My Missle cruisers will focus on fighters/bombers as well frigates/capitol ships. I will have frigates take on the fighters and/or blockade runners/missle cruisers. In terms of star bases I would go for the hangar and/then Supply Dock next would go the concussion missle launcher, after that the sheild generator(this might appear any places in the other times before if I have enough forces to), the rest of the weapons and ending with the communications array.

• 3 months later...

If I play Rebels, I always go for the hangars first. With the TIEs out of the way my Y-wings can play havoc with the larger Imperial ships while my own capital ships hammer the Tartans.

If I play Empire I go for shield generators first. Those pesky Rebels and their "Reinforce Shields"-ability...

• 1 month later...

I normally eliminate hardpoints in this order:

Shields

Turbolasers

Missiles

Hanger

Ion Cannons

I then disable the engines and leave only one hardpoint operational, rendering the ship useless to my opponent and harmless to myself. The Pop Cap the disabled ship occupies prevents my opponent from bringing in a new ship from reserve.

For what the hell are Communications and Supply docks good anyway???

Wild guess...Communicating with others and supplying the vessel?

It's only a nice element of realism.

Anyway, I usually target hangars first when up against the Imperials then the shields. When against a space station, I also aim at the hangar first then the proton torpedo launchers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived