Home

Order of hardpoint destruction.

If playing as Imps: Take out shields, then engines, then weapon emplacements.

If playing as the Rebels: Destroy shields, Hangar Bay, engines, weapon emplacements.

I always go for the engines after shields so the enemy can't attempt a retreat into hyperspace.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'll always go for the photon torps/concussion missiles first with my bombers/gunships/mc30 frigates with a few anti-fighter support ships before moving onto the shields/engines. Then i usualy send in my cap ships to take out the turbolasers and to soak up the rest of the damage

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I agree... that the hanger must ALWAYS go first. Especially when dealing with space stations

on a unrealted not if you destroy engines they do not stop completely, if you listen the ship will say, out main engines are down, meaning the y have some sort of back up engines

Hey, remember physics class? Maybey the crew throws their coats out the back of the ship! *throws my coat out my ship opposite the direction of Coruscant.*

...I then disable the engines and leave only one hardpoint operational, rendering the ship useless to my opponent and harmless to myself. The Pop Cap the disabled ship occupies prevents my opponent from bringing in a new ship from reserve.

I try that on occasion but my forces are too darn trigger happy! Perhaps you would deign to share your wisdon on obtaining intelligent commanders?

• 4 weeks later...

I usually am playing Empire so....

When attacking Capital Ships I:

Order the bombers to hit the shield generator, while telling my fighter to take out their bombers. I Tell my capital ships to hit the hangers. Once the shields are down, I tell the bombers to go after the proton torpedoes & missiles, while concentrating capitol ship fire on the ion cannons.

When attacking Stations I:

Have all ships attack the hangar. Then I have Frigates take out the fighters, and capitol ships & bombers focus on the hard-points. If it's FOC, I just have the Death Star II blow up the station to save time.

Archived