Home

Fx 57 stopped working

CaptainRAVE

HELP!

I recently changed from an fx-57 to dual core after owning the fx-57 for a few months. It worked great, so I decided to sell it. The guy thanked me, but then 1 1/2 months later he emails me to tell me its not booting up? He filed a complaint through paypal, but the they obviously werent interested. What do you think I should do, what can he even do? He probably overclocked it. I've moved over here from the UK, so dont really know how things work.

Thanks

You never provided him with a warranty. Tell him that it worked 100% fine for the whole time you owned and that its his problem now. But not like that. Be nice about it.

And I don't think he will threaten legal action against you, because after all the fees, it wouldn't be worth it. But the fx-57 is pretty expensive....

Maybe its some problem with his computer and not the actual processor? But don't get too nervous, I believe that you have the higher ground here.

You never provided him with a warranty. Tell him that it worked 100% fine for the whole time you owned and that its his problem now. But not like that. Be nice about it.

Exactly. If it worked for you, he must have done something to it.

@Tie: I never thought I would see that here. :)

Computer components fail. I'm sure everyone who is into computers has bought NEW stuff and had it fail in a reasonably short time. Its just bad luck.

Is it new enough to be still under the original warranty?

As long as you didn't give a warranty or sell it as "new" then you should be fine... though i always try and help people out with advice if i can...

Archived