Kotor Tool feature requests

Fred Tetra

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• the possibility to add a second class and an experience dword for a "superstar" npc you would join for a brief time, like a jedi master or a sith lord (this shouldn't be too hard but it's linked to the second request.)
  • UTC calculations? i usually use this but it would be great if the creature editor did it automatically, you know picking the values you need from 2da files and adjust what needs to be adjusted as you change some ability score, classes, feats, powers, inventory and everything. (please?)

ps: KT rocks, thanks Fred.

• 4 weeks later...

That will happen when the all powerful .NET framework begins to work like it is supposed to on other operating systems. Then it will be relatively quick to transfer. However at this time the .NET framework is part of the heart of Kotor Tool which means that for now Macs will spit it back out like moldy bread.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It should work. Mono has full .NET 1.1 support and almost full .NET2.0

As Kotor tool was .NET1.1 those vesions should work. However I've read somewhere that fred started to use .NET2. So my opinion is that it should work, but not worthless to try yourself. An entyre game engine has been built under Mono, the award winning Unity, so Mono really is something worthy.

Mono framework is not a new thing at all, it's been here quite a while now, give it a try fellow Kotor modder.

Also, in KGFF, you can select the Struct you want to edit and select Edit: Copy Node

Then open up WordPad and click Paste. That will display the GFF struct as XML which you can edit in WordPad. When you're done, copy it back to the clipboard, open up KGFF and paste the struct back into the List Field where it came. Unfortunately the current version does not support doing this with the main Struct of the GFF.

Edit tk102: v1.1.7 now supports copying and pasting of the main Struct. ;)

I know Fred is generally inactive... But hey, so am I... So here's a thought from one old-time-lurker to another. :p

How about a way to simply view a mesh within the tool, without having to extract it and run it through MDL Ops? No need for editing functions... But so many meshes have meaningless names... And I don't want to extract everything and run all of them through MDL Ops, and import all of them into Max... I get enough errors as it is importing one mesh, since my version of NWMax doesn't match my copy of 3DS Max. :p

Just a thought.

And I don't want to extract everything and run all of them through MDL Ops, and import all of them into Max... I get enough errors as it is importing one mesh, since my version of NWMax doesn't match my copy of 3DS Max. :p

Just a thought.

Hi! That's a good idea. However to simply watch a modell, you do not need 3DSmax nor other 3D editing tool.

I posted a simple post about using MDL viewer for the work.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164901

You still need MDLops though. However kotor tool has a more up to date version of mdlops built in that I could find for download. So I suggest, you should just try to extract the stuff you want with KotorTool. So you do not need MDLops at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder where Fred might be now? Maybe he's dead xD

But anyway, maybe someone already requested this but I would like an advanced GFF-editor built in to Kotor tool. That will save me a lot of time as I don't have to extract the file, open K-GFF, find the file and edit it.

But anyway, maybe someone already requested this but I would like an advanced GFF-editor built in to Kotor tool. That will save me a lot of time as I don't have to extract the file, open K-GFF, find the file and edit it.

You should be able to make KotorTool automatically open GFF files (without their own specific file type editor) with k-gff instead of bioware's old GFF editor by renaming k-gff.exe to GFFEditor.exe and putting it in the KotorTool folder.

• 1 month later...
Fred, if you see this, could you make an unlimited feature to the merchants inventory? So that I can make the merchants items unlimited.

I don't know if KT does it but you can already do this, using a GFF Editor, there is a node in the item list in the merchants .utm file;

Infinite (Byte)

Set the node to a 1 if you desire infinite items of this type to be sold from the seller.

• 4 months later...

Archived