Home

Kotor Tool feature requests

Fred Tetra

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

I have posted only thrice elsewhere on this forum, but I have a major request.

Please add the "Infinite" checkbox to the merchant editor, as well as something that reads the GFF's so that the tool can tell what items are infinite in quantity. I tire of going back in K-GFF to re-add the reference myself, though I usually just go back and add it by replacing the "Dropable" reference with "Infinite" using a hex editor.

• 1 year later...
allow kotor tool's .2da editor to add columns

I'm afraid the chances of that happening are close to nil, unless someone else takes up KOTOR tool development (which could only happen if they could get in touch with Fred, and get permission, not an easy task, unless they already had his email address), since Fred hasn't signed on for about 2 years now (though I came back after a 5 year absence, so hey, who knows?).

Right now, if you have excel, I'd recommend using tk102's Excel 2da read/write plugins. They can be found for download on the Starwarsknights.com modding tool page.

I'm afraid the chances of that happening are close to nil, unless someone else takes up KOTOR tool development (which could only happen if they could get in touch with Fred, and get permission, not an easy task, unless they already had his email address), since Fred hasn't signed on for about 2 years now (though I came back after a 5 year absence, so hey, who knows?).

It's not just permission, we would also need the source.

Alternatively if we make our own, then we need no permission.

BTW I also only come here every two years... :p

Don't sweat it. Welcome back.

• 3 years later...

Fred!

My name is Shaun and i've been using your kotor tool for quite a while now and i would like to work on the source if you will allow me to, as i want to give the tool an overhaul as there is quite a lot that can be worked on. and i would like to put my name inside as a contributor to the tool.

also i would like to upgrade the .net framework on this tool

i would love to hear back from you over this tool as it really has got great potential to be made bigger and even more successful.

Shaun Cassidy

http://www.swkotor3.com/

Archived