Home

the age old question...

toue

i would like to try and find the answer to the age old question, who is better the stormtroopers, or the clone troopers? i'd like to keep this mostly centered on the game versions of them and stay mostly away from the movies for a start how bout we discuss the jetpackers

Well, arc caster is nice, too bad they can't charge mid-flight. That and coupled with the slow recharge of the jetpack, and on-the-bounce mode, makes dark trooper crappy(and frustrating) as a flyer. Now as a ground crawlering troop he is doing his job with the caster though (which is a good SHORT RANGE weapon only when charged up).

Jettroopers are nice with the flight, though in BF2 the flight time is too short. Their gun have better mid-flight use, and is good for snipery things. That having said, the short flight time plus slower flight speed (both relative to BF1) makes them sometimes a sitting duck and sniper bait.

I would rather go with the dark trooper this current version, and go snipery award pistols.

I think the stormies would win personally. After all we did get to play this out in the campaign, right?

Aside, I think Jet trooper is better then Dark trooper, it's weapon is deadly and doesn't need to be charged. Plus his jet pack is easier to control. 1 on 1 he would probably lose to the DT but all in all I find him more useful.

If it's just infantry then yeah it looks that way. I keep thinking the units have diffirences like in BF1 but in actuallity they are identical except for speacial's and commanders. And as most people seem to favor the clone commander (actually it seems the imperial officers greatest weakness is his lack of popularity. The mortar launcher is instant kill and requires no warm up, plus they are faster, only really weaker in the pistol department which isn't half bad once you get used to it.) Then I guess I would have to say clones as well. (although i'm still partial to stormies...)

Now if we were including vehicles, starfighters or heroes it might turn out diffrently, or it might not. Now what we really need is a mod map, as you said, that pits these sides against each other once and for all.

In game, the CW Clones have better and more varied vehicles. They simply pack more firepower and functions. Thus if they were to fight each other in game, the CW Clones would win.

Now in "canon" the Imperial stuff is supposed to have greater firepower and numbers, so they would beat the Prequel era Clones, but that's really counting the entire military, not just the GCW stormtroopers (which are also, incidentally, mostly clones, though not all of Jango by this time). After all, during the prequels, the clones are portrayed as doing just about everything... they're pilots, ground troops, crews, etc. Whereas in the Empire Stormtroopers have guard duty and they're infantry, except in a few rare cases like being AT-AT drivers (overseen by a non-clone officer like Veers). Capital ships are crewed by non-clones. Pilots may or may not be clones in the Empire, it's never really stated onscreen, though EU sources may have been recently retconned to allow for this...

Anyway to sum up: In-game: Prequel era Clones are superior. In "real life" (movies) the Empire is supposedly more powerful and larger, so they'd win.

I would actually love to see a "grudge match" multiplayer scenario between the two factions. The only difficulty would be distinguishing all that white armor on the battle field (so having friendly fire on would be a major pain in the neck!).

I think Jet trooper is better then Dark trooper, it's weapon is deadly and doesn't need to be charged.

Thats's not technically true. An EMP only does damage to droids. An EMP will/should have no affects on humans unless they have an artificial pacemaker or something. Anyway in my opinion I think the republic troops are better and look cooler (Not that looks count in a battle but still) I prefer the republic in almost every single way though so I'll go with republic.

Thats's not technically true. An EMP only does damage to droids. An EMP will/should have no affects on humans unless they have an artificial pacemaker or something. Anyway in my opinion I think the republic troops are better and look cooler (Not that looks count in a battle but still) I prefer the republic in almost every single way though so I'll go with republic.

Is that really true though? With Friendly Fire turned on, are you able to harm your teammates with the EMP weapon? If so, then it definately works on biologicals!

Also, in Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast we have the DEMP which, while an EMP weapon, is also capable of damaging biological lifeforms.

The Dark Trooper is supposed to be a droid in a suit, but other versions exist. It's essentially powered armor that can be worn by a droid or a human.

However the Dark Troopers in Battlefront series are completely different than in all previous games. Apparently they're just normal stormtroopers that have been given gray armor and a jetpack. They're humans inside.

I think the actual question should be which is better against their opponent. Both the Empire and Republic have certain qualities that are suited for eliminating their natural enemies, not each other who are never supposed to face each other in the first place.

As for the actual question asked, I think the DT is what I call a "dirty" fighter, meaning it gets maximum damage and not necessarily a kill (ie: magna guard's weapons damage and not always kill). For quick, effective killing the Jet Trooper is definitely superior but the DT would probably win a fight between the two since the Arc Caster is more disabling even if not deadly than the EMP launcher. I dunno, it might just be me but the DT's pistol seems better than the Jet Trooper's.

Empire > Republic politically, militarily, visually

Archived