Home

Will EaW work on dial-up?

_ TalonKarrde _

Well most likely it will work with dial up, though it will be very laggy. Before I got broadband I could still play Generals online and it played pretty good. Usually the box of a game will say something along the lines of Multiplayer requires a 56 KB or greater internet connection. If you have a good dial up provider than you should technically be getting 56 KB, so it may work.

We'll have to wait and see but im betting it will work, though it will be laggy.

Unless your dial up is 28.8k, the game will definately work in multiplayer -- as Popcorn basically said, however, the question is how well. You might easily experience a greater deal of lag compared to an ADSL connection, but if all you care about is getting it to run -- it definately will.

• 3 weeks later...

its been my experience that most RTS games lag a little even when playing LAN once you have so many units built and moving around.. Most likey even a 56K is going to lag like crazy and possibly drop the connection because of such a bad sync.. But thats just my guess, maybe EAW is different than all the rest of the RTS games... Hell, Battlefront 2 surprised me, maybe EAW will also...

Archived