Home

Wow, looks like eBaum's World will have their own TV show...

Arreat

All I have to say is that this will be short lived.

Link

Los Angeles, CA – January 24, 2006 – USA Network has struck a deal with the Fox Television Studios to create a show based on the wildly successful extreme content online site eBaumsworld (http://www.ebaumsworld.com). The one-hour pilot, EBAUM’S WORLD, is being eyed as a late-night companion special to air with USA’s highly successful WWE show, MONDAY NIGHT RAW. The announcement was made today by Jeff Wachtel, USA’s executive vice president, original programming. EBAUM’S WORLD is being developed in USA’s alternative series and specials division, with Fox Television Studios’ Simon Andreae executive producing.

I don't get it--why are they getting a TV show? They don't have a set group of people who make their content, they just leech off of the internet's vast archives of useless information!

Name recognition. Even if the show is crap, people will watch it just because its named after something they like. Of course, it could go the way of Enterprise.

My guess is that it will probably be the same as Maximum Xposure (on SpikeTV), but Max-X dosn't have a website with a hugh following.

It's just going to be lime Maximum Xposure, Ripley's Believe it or Not, and that one other show but I forget. Well, it's just going to be a 20 second "Woah" clips that they will draw out for like 5 minutes then go to a commercial.

And yah, YTMND is pissed, I went there and found this news before this thread.

“EBAUM’S WORLD is everything that late-night television should be,” said Andreae. “It’s exciting, hip, irreverent, funny and completely unpredictable. The impact will be phenomenal and will add some real sizzle to late-night programming.”

LOL. I hope the show wil crash and burn.

*Napoleon Dynamite sigh*

I know that many TV and movie studios and companies are having a hard time trying to come up with new stuff. I mean, look at SNL with it's current cast. Rumor has it that it might get cancelled because it's just not funny at all.

Now, I turn to the internet for mindless entertainment. I find most of my news here and find random things to look at while I'm bored at work. However, Ebaum's content cannot possibly be that good to warrant a TV show. I think some pencil pusher is trying to move up in the company. Hope he or she finds themselves thrown out with the trash.

Archived