Home

Best TV Show in History

The Doctor

Red Dwarf Would be my number 1 choice.

another one on equal ground is

The Prisoner

There are many other great tv shows that I would rank on equal footing with Red Dwarf, many of which have already been mentioned by others in this thread such as Farscape, Babylon 5, BlackAdder, Monty Python, Simpsons, Family guy, Faulty Towers, Star Trek, ST:TNG, Arrested Development(Fairly New Show).

I wouldn't necessarily call my list the "best" of T.V... but in my youth, these programs I really enjoyed and had 'fun' watching.

Any show that got me hooked enough to where I'd drop whatever I was doing to watch it, well that to me makes them my "best" ;)

----------

1) "V" - what's not to love about disguised lizard aliens eating mice and harvesting humans :D

2) Manimal - Dude that changed into animals + me being young = way kewl show!

3) The A-Team - nuff' said, and I pity the fool to disagree.. hehehe

4) The Greatest American Hero - Guy becomes a Super Hero when donning the costume, yet still doesn't quite fit the "bill"

of course not to mention the "staples" of any kid with a hyper-imagination: Star Trek, BattleStar Galactica (old), 6 Million Dollar Man, etc etc.

I didn't like M*A*S*H when I was a kid, mainly cuz I didn't "get" the humor, but now that I'm older, I can definitely appreciate the show that lasted 4X longer on-air than the actual Korean War itself.

Would definitley rate it as The Best show of all-time if there were such an award.

Wow, really? I didn't know that. I loved that show and couldn't believe it when they cancelled it. Too bad I don't get Sci-Fi channel where I live...

Yeah, but its just the reruns. Maybe the fan base will grow at Sci-Fi and at the very least produce a 2 hour wrap-up final episode. But I am probably hoping for too much.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one of the best shows on cable....Rescue Me (its on FX during the summer for all you slow people).

Oh man, I had forgotten about Battle of the Planets. The Phoenix was cool.

A-Team: Murdoch rocks. His T-shirts and crazy antics were a riot.

V was fun to watch, too.

Battlestar Galactica (1st edition) was a staple in our home, too. My little sister was in love with Boxey (who I believe was Noah Wylie, now of ER fame).

Carol Burnett show was great, and if you have never seen the Scarlett O'Hara skit, you just _have_ to buy/rent/borrow a video of it.

Heh, remember the Muppet Show?

Barney Miller was a good one. One of my favorite episodes involved the internal affairs inspector making everyone do a lie detector test. He hooked up Dietrich and asked him where he was from. Dietrich gave a deadpan answer: "I'm from a galaxy far, far away.", and the lie detector measured it as a truthful response....

Geez, I gotta get back to work on other stuff before this takes me too much farther down memory lane and I really start sounding like I belong in the 'Classic' category. :)

I'd say...Star Trek:Voyager.

Star Trek (the original) was good in its time and still kicks ass.

Star Trek: The Next Generation was kinda ok.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine wasn't that good in my opinion

The newest one Star Trek: Enterprise was good for CGI and the fact it showed us The Federation in the early stages.

^ You mean Starfleet. THe Federation was never seen until the very last episode ("To Boldly Go...")

Yes. I hate it ;)

I'm going to hurt you. Cristopher Eccleston is one of the best Doctor's ever. Right up there with Tom Baker and Peter Davison (who, IMO, is the Doctor). He's as funny as Tom Baker's Doctor, as intelligent and heroic as Davison's, and he's as good an actor as all of the others (except maye Colin Baker... he was just playing himself:xp: )

^ You mean Starfleet. THe Federation was never seen until the very last episode ("To Boldly Go...")

I'm going to hurt you. Cristopher Eccleston is one of the best Doctor's ever. Right up there with Tom Baker and Peter Davison (who, IMO, is the Doctor). He's as funny as Tom Baker's Doctor, as intelligent and heroic as Davison's, and he's as good an actor as all of the others (except maye Colin Baker... he was just playing himself:xp: )

yeah, I agree. Much better the Colin Baker, thats for sure. What do you think David Tennant will be like?

He could well have been...If he was playing the Doctor. He's the stupidest and most violent "Drwho", he's about as funny as a kick in the teeth, and about as intelligent as the person who came up with the "pee tree" idea. Possibly less. Also, Colin Baker was not playing himself.

Sure he was. He sai it himself at some point in an interview. I know he did.

He's the stupidest and most violent "Drwho", he's about as funny as a kick in the teeth, and about as intelligent as the person who came up with the "pee tree" idea. Possibly less. Also, Colin Baker was not playing himself.

We can't argue about this here, it's off topic. Look for my retort in the Doctor Who thread.

Archived