Home

Level Balance

cayqel

Okay so, my roommate and I play the hell out of the Xbox version and are having a knock-down/drag-out arguement over this, I started to write this long explination, but I figured I'd just ask straight up: do you think some of the levels in BF2 have balance issues (ie are easier when playing as certain factions when holding certain bases at the begining of the match)?

Some of the maps' individual CPs have balance issues, it's often FAR too easy for one faction to recapture one of their original CPs. I think it should be the same amount of time for both factions on every CP.

Tantive IV is most certainly favored to the team that starts out w/ the engine room as it is close to both the flag in CTF and the 2 white CPs in conquest. With a quick moving Empire or CIS, Tantive IV can be over in about 30-40 seconds after the start of the match. There are others that I notice when playing but thats the only one off the top of my head.

Endor is really unbalaced, becouse of all the little ewoks throwing explosive rocks at all your troops and the fact that the AT-ST's don't can't kill many rebel troops ((cos they hide behind the trees and logs)) so if your empire your fairly doomed if you don't get all the white CPS in the first min of the game.

Endor is really unbalaced, becouse of all the little ewoks throwing explosive rocks at all your troops and the fact that the AT-ST's don't can't kill many rebel troops ((cos they hide behind the trees and logs)) so if your empire your fairly doomed if you don't get all the white CPS in the first min of the game.

Have nearly never played Endor after seeing how they nerfed the AT-ST. Personally, I think the Ewoks are more deadly than the rebels!

Remember maps like Bespin and Rhen Var Harbour where command post positions actually mattered?

Sadly, I don't have any multiplayer experience with SWBF2 yet ... and I strictly refuse to take the side of the rebel scum (sorry, do not wish to offend anyone, but it is well known what those criminals did to our beautiful galaxy ;) )- I usually play the Imperials on hard, so I possibly have a very biased opinion, but while fighting long and hard for peace and order in the galaxy, finally pacifying it for the glorious empire, I definitely DID notice quite dramatic differences in the difficulty of individual battlefields.

First of all, I agree that endor is incredibly difficult for the Empire. It's basically the same map it was back in SWBF 1 ... and even then it was already terribly skewed. I do not think I EVER won it on hard (though I have to admit that I didn't try it as often in SWBF 2 yet). I tried faithfully again and again - and saving the empire from furry beasts (be they great or small) is a powerful motivation indeed ... yet it seems the rebels have entrenched themselves there to a degree that only the death star could possibly solve this situation (which it usually did, when playing the conquest mode in SWBF1 ... the emperor frequently rejoiced upon hearing the thousands of pitiful furry souls screaming in terror ... and then silence :) ). Anyway, in my personal experience, most maps with furry beasts of ANY kind of native, rebellion-helping beasts are really really difficult to master for the empire (though I do not think the ewoks themselves pose any threat at all ... they DO distract loyal imperial soldiers, though, when they should be fighting more dangerous scum). The problem is that the beneficial bonus of allies doesn't seem to be adequately compensated on the imperial side. However, I can live with the present state of the Kashyyk map, though barely.

Far more difficult, in my opinion, are Polis Massa, Felucia and Dagobah, though I do not precisely know why. It's just that the imperial forces tend to vanish down some bottomless drain at an alarming rate while rebel terrorists just keep spawning. As stated above, I've not yet had any multiplayer experience to back this. These are just my personal impressions from the conquest mode.

Archived