Home

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Diego Varen

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

• Darth Malak
    • Darth Sion
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Darth Traya
    • I Like All Of Them
    • I Don't Like Any Of Them

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite is Malak, only because he's the only one that's simple and true. What I mean is, the Sith Lords in TSL were overdone. One of them is immortal, one of them eats planets, and the other one isn't even a Sith. They say you can overdo something, and that's true with the TSL Sith. Malak was pure Star Wars-esque bad guy. He made KOTOR I feel much more like a true Star Wars story than if Traya or Sion was the bad guy in K1. Star Wars has always been about a clear defining line between good and evil (Those are George Lucas's words, not mine), and TSL wasn't about that at all. In K1, Malak was the bad guy, and you were the good guy trying to stop him. To me, that's better than the mess of a story behind TSL and the "Sith" that made it that way.

In K1, Malak was the bad guy, and you were the good guy trying to stop him.

Only in canon (Which I use for the KOTOR series), since Revan could also be the bad guy. Yes, the Poll only contained the Sith Lords from the KOTOR games, not books like Bane.

well bane is from the kotor series but i think he comes along later about 3,000 years after reven but if you ever heard of him you will know what i mean he found an old holocron that proved that reven want to the unknown world after the star forge was destroyed

i can prove that bane is part of the kotor series just read

path of destruction which relates 3,000 years after reven but still relates to the kotor

well bane is from the kotor series but i think he comes along later about 3,000 years after reven but if you ever heard of him you will know what i mean he found an old holocron that proved that reven want to the unknown world after the star forge was destroyed

path of destruction which relates 3,000 years after reven but still relates to the kotor

Yes I do know Bane, I've read the first few Chapters of the PoD book. The thing is that he isn't in the games and this poll is about the Sith Lords from the games.

That makes Bane Star Wars and likely "Tales of the Jedi" as well. It doesn't not put him in KotOR, which covers mostly the games, the new comic books, and possibly the original "Tales of the Jedi" set before, during, and just after the Old Sith Wars. Generally KotOR is about 4000 years before the movies. Bane lives 3000 years after KotOR and 1000 years before the movies, so there is no way he can be part of the KotOR-era, since it's 3000 years before his time. There are references to Revan in the some of the Bane-material, yes, but that just makes it Star Wars, not KotOR. Otherwise we could claim that the Dark Empire stories are KotOR, since Ood appears in Dark Empire II.

I don't even consider "The Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" to be KotOR, since they take place 1000 years before the time of Exar Kun, Ulic and Revan. They're references in the game, but that's historic background more than anything else.

Nihlius was a candiate for being a favorite Sith Lord...until I realized I learnt too much about him.

1. He once was a human.

2. He has the ability to bond with others and feed on that bond.

3. He destroyed Kattar.

4. He learnt all this from you.

That's too much information. Already, we know about the threat of Darth Nihlius, and we know how to destroy him. Some info is good to freak someone out, but I felt we learnt far too much about Nihlius for him to actually be scary.

Hmmm.... Perhaps, but don't you think that Revan is just a tad bit overrated? I think Revan is just your general Sith Lord - to me personally there is nothing too special about him/her.

I agree. If he wasn't the player character in K1, I probably wouldn't even like him all that much. He's probably the most overrated person in all of Star Wars.

I agree. If he wasn't the player character in K1, I probably wouldn't even like him all that much. He's probably the most overrated person in all of Star Wars.

I think this is the core problem, gamers often seem to focus on main characters rather than sub-characters. Revan is not all that special, take any other Sith Lord from the Star Wars EU - say Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos, picture them in a duel - can anyone really suggest that Revan would come out on top? Still it's down to personal opinion i suppose.

I definitely thought Malak was the best out of them. But I also liked Sion's character.

I also kinda liked Malak, his character best describes the Sith personality as he turned on his master, Revan, which of course is what all Sith do to become the 'Master' (according to Darth Bane's 'Rule of Two' anyhow).

Well my favorite is Darth Bandon , Not for his fighting style and nothing like that but hes personality is pretty cool , very Sith , not like Traya and Malak that are very calm , he is pretty much my favorite Sith

Well my favorite is Darth Bandon , Not for his fighting style and nothing like that but hes personality is pretty cool , very Sith , not like Traya and Malak that are very calm , he is pretty much my favorite Sith

He was pretty cool, for the short time we see him - but to me he seems just like an average Sith Apprentice; a bit like Revan whom to me seems like your average Sith Lord.

I definitely thought Malak was the best out of them. But I also liked Sion's character.

I actually hated Malak. He was the most straightforward and brutal one of them all. I guess he's the most "true" to Star Wars, but I just hate overly done straightforwardness and brutality. In my opinion, Sith Lords should be a little more subtle than Malak, and at least give some thought to the consequences of your actions on the galaxy.

Having those hidden ulterior motives, like Kreia, and actually having some insight on the inner workings of the galaxy and the Force is far more interesting than seeing some jaw-less maniac destroy a planet.

. I guess he's the most "true" to Star Wars, but I just hate overly done straightforwardness and brutality.

A bit like Vader in some way, part mechanical and ruthless - but i definately in tersm of ruthlessness Malak is the worser in personification as his personality is unflinching - Vader on the otherhand eventually succumbs back to the path of light by saving Luke from the hands of the Emperor.

A bit like Vader in some way, part mechanical and ruthless - but i definately in tersm of ruthlessness Malak is the worser in personification as his personality is unflinching - Vader on the otherhand eventually succumbs back to the path of light by saving Luke from the hands of the Emperor.

I disagree. Vader kills his own commanding officers!

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa..."

You just can't top that [insert evil smile here]

Also, Vader captures and tortures Luke's friends solely for the purpose of drawing him out, and he plays on his love for his sister to corrupt him. He's much worse as a bad guy than Malak. Sure, he may be redeemed in the end, but he was still an infinitely better villain than Malak... and without a phoney laughter too [insert cringe here]

Also, Vader captures and tortures Luke's friends solely for the purpose of drawing him out, and he plays on his love for his sister to corrupt him. He's much worse as a bad guy than Malak. Sure, he may be redeemed in the end, but he was still an infinitely better villain than Malak... and without a phoney laughter too [insert cringe here]

I think the best thing about Vader was that he never laughed. I hate villains that laugh about their victories and/or plans. I mean, what's funny about them? That's the main reason I hate Malak - he's a complete Vader copy (a pathetic one at that) and his laugh is the cheesiest, lamest, and most cringe-worthy (in a bad way) I've ever heard.

Archived