Home

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Diego Varen

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

• Darth Malak
    • Darth Sion
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Darth Traya
    • I Like All Of Them
    • I Don't Like Any Of Them

I liked all the Sith in both games, Malak was a bit of a cheater, using his captive jedi to replenish himself, Nilhus was a bit of a pushover, didn't even knock any of my party down,Kreia was fun, but those dumb force controled sabers were annoying. Sion was a battle of wits, not just power so I enjoyed him the most. But they all were fun.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, they all sucked really.

If I had to pick, it would definitely be Malak.

He was the most established and diabolical. As others have said he fits the Star Wars villain role best of those.

The first time playing K1 he's alright, but by the end game 2 he's much too comical to take seriously. That stupid metal jaw thing. Oh please :D Of the two Sith Lords in K1 who would be the one to wear a mask? I wouldn't think Revan. And his bug eyes that are too close together with his stupid laugh.. gah. Also he really seems pathetic when you see the untainted version of him in K1 and also in k2. Totally lame and the antithesis of menacing. I did like his synthesised voice though.

Then you have Nihilus. The gimp. First off, it's definitely the guy from the movie Scream. I mean come on. Also ripped from the Sith Revan look. Generic. Sure, it looks cool, but it's pretty weak when I can't stop thinking about the Scream killer. Then you hear him talk for the first time and I was laughing through the whole thing. Give me a break. That's the best they could come up with? I think I read somewhere it was backward msgs too. I expected more from Obsidian. The first dialog is the worst. He just sounds so idiotic. Then later you get to him, hit him one time which would kill him but it forces that little in between scene where vissas is having a rough time of it, "He's just too powerful!!!" then you hit him a second time and he dies. The Horror!

Sion would be pretty good but they gave him such a lame voice. Bad voice acting. But worst of all you get the impression that he's just a useless pawn. Thrown away by Traya like trash. He does seem pretty intellectually challenged too. At least the fight was unique and he hurt when he hit initially. Definitely the best fight, but considering his character in terms of role playing, he's just too pathetic for me to like. I felt sorry for him instead. It was a good part of the game, but him as a bada** Sith Lord? Heh, no. His strength was his undoing.

Then you get Traya... have to suffer through her confusing diatribe of complementing your subtle manipulations one minute to telling you how much you've failed the next. All that ranting about echoes this echoes that. I think the whole K2 echo bs really dilluted the Star Wars universe or specifically detracted from the dark side appeal with it's doom and gloom and utter pointlessness. Anyway, she was much too annoying, and the final fight, hah, where did that crap come from? We got to fight... not a sith lord.. but a bunch of flying swords. Yay! Maybe if the ending had not been so butchered...

The apprentices are even worse. Vissas? Everything about her personality would have been considered a weakness to any true sith. She was a joke.

Bastila? Lol, okay, so she frowned alot and had a dark robe and saber... but what was with her stealing the show at the end? Example: You're telling Carth off and considering whether or not you should compell Zaalbar to gut mission vao, when carth makes a run for it. You begin the chase because, there simply is no other person in the universe that you want to kill more than Carth, but Bastila commands you to stop because he's not worth it. WRONG, that should have been Revan's role commanding her. They ruined the entire bastila darkside.

Darth Bandon wtf. How many people started doing his little fight scene solo because they maybe got 1 swing in if they had 2 other companions before he died :D So bad. Such a boaster too. At least Nihilus you don't really hear bragging.

None of them come close to capturing the perfect villain which is Darth Vader. Intimidating dark skeletal armor look, complete lack of compassion "Apology accepted captain needo" as he's force gripping him to death, then later discussing the death stars progress in RotJ, "The Emporer is not as forgiving as I am" cruel, but it's funny and awe inspiring. He's the epitome of evil. But the power of love and family in the end lead such a wicked thing to sacrificing himself to save his son. You can't touch that.

Sadly, Malak was the only one that came even remotely close to a shadow of a Vadar villain. Not that it's truly comparable.

Oh well, K1 story was excellent and K2 fixed so much, even if the ending blew, killing that padme clone and some lines like "Run, he's unstopable!" made it worth the trouble. Hopefully TSL Restoration Project will flesh out the sith lords a bit more. Holding breath.

Nihilus could have destroyed any of the other Sith Lords at will with his powers of hunger, I believe even Revan would have fallen to him.

Thats not to say that the Exile is more powerful than Revan, it's simply that the Exile is a breach in the force, just like Nihilus. Therefore when Nihilus tried to draw energy from the Exile, Nihilus' own energy had been drawn into that breach and it weakened him severely.

Revan's connection to the force had not manifested into a breach after the battle of Malachor V, at least not that I am aware of. But if it had become an echo, then Revan would have been immune to Nihilus' powers, just like the Exile.

I'd have to say as Sith Lords, the Exile and Revan would be equal in strength, the Exile's connection to the force was not as strong before the battle of Malachor V. After the battle and for the next 10 years before the events of TSL, he had lost all connection to the force, then Kreia taught him how to feel it again. I believe that this "echo" that he was, allowed him to become stronger in the force than he could have possibly become before Malachor V, as strong as Revan perhaps.

Revan just had a naturally strong connection to the force from birth, he learned and mastered everything the Jedi Masters taught him. As a Sith Lord he then again mastered all the teachings he learned while he was at the Trayus Academy. Wherever Revan is now in the Ancient Sith Empire, whether it be Ziost, Vjun, or some other extremely dark sided world, he is probably mastering whatever techniques that he is learning from the Ancient Sith enemies hes encountered there.

Therefore since I can't vote for Darth Revan or a Sith Lord Exile, I'll have to vote for Nihilus. Malak was just a brute, he was strong, but just like Sion he knew nothing of how to use the full power of the force.

Nihilus was definitely the darkest Sith Lord so far. I mean, he drained entire worlds to satiate his hunger. Unfortunately, there's absolutely no info on him in TSL and that's a waste. I don't know if it was cut out of the game (like the HK factory and some dialogues), but I'm sure Nihilus has an excellent background story, too bad we'll never know who he really was.

I couldn't pick any of them.

Malak and Sion are no villains, they're just thugs on a bigger level.

Nihilus is just a machine without mind.

Traya... she is the only one with a long term objective and a plan to reach it and surely her ways are evil. But in reality she wants to be defeated by the Exile, even though she knows, she can't destroy the Force then. In a way, she's sacrificing herself. So I have problems seeing her as a real Sith.

Although the buildup getting to each one was more satisfying than actually fighting them, Malak, in KotOR had the best representation of evil.

Intelligent and ambitious yet cold and calculating. Truly sith-like.

Kreia, in her infinately cryptic, double tounged rants, had more of a manipulative direction about her than pure evil intent.

She was almost sympathetic, hardly a sith. Floating sabers, please...

Scion's single mindedness and tormented nature makes him inferior though very dangerous. He seems more of a right hand to a lord instead of a lord himself. Killing him was somewhat satisfying.

The most dissappointing to me was Nihilus. He was portrayed as this purely evil, dark wraith of a sith lord. The buildup to him was great. Dead? undead? Darkness feeding on jedi? I buzzed with anticipation as I neared our confrontation. Just to be flatlined when my party members spanked him up before I could get my saber out.

Malak left the best impression of a sith lord from these two games. I mean, who else would bombard a whole planet to kill one person?

Nihilus could have destroyed any of the other Sith Lords at will with his powers of hunger, I believe even Revan would have fallen to him.

Thats not to say that the Exile is more powerful than Revan, it's simply that the Exile is a breach in the force, just like Nihilus. Therefore when Nihilus tried to draw energy from the Exile, Nihilus' own energy had been drawn into that breach and it weakened him severely.

Revan's connection to the force had not manifested into a breach after the battle of Malachor V, at least not that I am aware of. But if it had become an echo, then Revan would have been immune to Nihilus' powers, just like the Exile.

I'd have to say as Sith Lords, the Exile and Revan would be equal in strength, the Exile's connection to the force was not as strong before the battle of Malachor V. After the battle and for the next 10 years before the events of TSL, he had lost all connection to the force, then Kreia taught him how to feel it again. I believe that this "echo" that he was, allowed him to become stronger in the force than he could have possibly become before Malachor V, as strong as Revan perhaps.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I absolutely loath the whole Force philosophy in TSL."A breach in the Force"! Have you ever considered that the Force is "an energy field created by all living things" and that the affinity to it is a natural ability that you can change as much as you can change the colour of your eyes?(i.e. it is a biological fact)

The same goes for Kreia's "I can kill the Force" thing - the SW movies tell us that you can kill the Force as much as you can kill all life; as long as there is life, there is the Force and vice versa.

And Nihilus' "I can destroy wohle planets using the Force but can't defend myself against 2 jedi and a Mandalorian" is just :cry8::cry8::cry8:

And of course the echoes and Malachor ... I found the idea interesting in the beginning, but at the end it just gets ridicoulus. "You now are like Malachor, it is what defines you" "Well, if I create an absence of the Force at the right time it will miraculously multiply (since it is an echo) and destroy the whole Force" *sigh*

Very un-Starwarsy :(

IMHO TSL makes the same mistake as Matrix 2 & 3: Trying to be intellectually challenging by mixing in lots of little thought-through but pompously sounding "philosophy"

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but I absolutely loath the whole Force philosophy in TSL."A breach in the Force"! Have you ever considered that the Force is "an energy field created by all living things" and that the affinity to it is a natural ability that you can change as much as you can change the colour of your eyes?(i.e. it is a biological fact)

The same goes for Kreia's "I can kill the Force" thing - the SW movies tell us that you can kill the Force as much as you can kill all life; as long as there is life, there is the Force and vice versa.

And Nihilus' "I can destroy wohle planets using the Force but can't defend myself against 2 jedi and a Mandalorian" is just :cry8::cry8::cry8:

And of course the echoes and Malachor ... I found the idea interesting in the beginning, but at the end it just gets ridicoulus. "You now are like Malachor, it is what defines you" "Well, if I create an absence of the Force at the right time it will miraculously multiply (since it is an echo) and destroy the whole Force" *sigh*

Very un-Starwarsy :(

IMHO TSL makes the same mistake as Matrix 2 & 3: Trying to be intellectually challenging by mixing in lots of little thought-through but pompously sounding "philosophy"

Totally agreed.

I hate that echos/wounds/leaks in the force thing. I hate the True Sith as well.

But for the Sith Lords:

For me the best is definitly Malak.

Malak has just by far the best backgroundstory, his fall is realistic.

I like his appearance. He is intelligent even though he sucks with strategy tactic and so on. The fight with him in the star forge with the Malak music theme is also by far the best boss fight. His german voice is stunning. Dont know about the english one.

Sion, hm he just isn't a real Sith Lord. He is more like an elite warrior to me. He lacks in understanding the force. He's ok though, but imo he just isnt a Sith Lord.

Traya: Although she is manipulative, wise and intelligent, i cant really understand what she is actually trying to achieve. Is it the destruction of the force (what a ridicoulus thought) ? Or is it, Revenge against Nihilus, Sion and the Jedi? Or does she want to train someone who is as powerful as her first apprentice? No matter what it is, her goal is definitly not that of a real Sith lord. And by the way, the fight against her was just too easy and that flying-lightsaber concept sucks.

Nihilus:

The one i thought would be a real interesting powerful sithlord, after i've seen the artwork where he fights Atris.

But no, that guy is not a Sith lord but just some kind of monster who wants to consume all life, until nothing is left. How interesting. Nihilus is not even a character. He is just there. He is the most dissappointing Sith lord i ever heard about. Pff.

in all Star wars, Revan is my favourite Sithlord, then Palpatine, then Malak and then Vader

I voted Malak.

I didn't like the Sith Lords in....The Sith Lords.

I thought the concept of them was absurd.

Kreia...is very confusing and i think a a little insane. And its a little silly how she makes 3 Jedi Masters drop dead with a wave off her hand.

Sion...how can he not die? What if the exile severed his head? He also seems pretty stupid...and why did he go from being Kreia's enemy to being her servant?!

Nihilus...i think i disliked him the most. The idea that he can kill a whole planet by himself is a little ridiculous to me. Even more so considering the way he dies. WHat is he some sort of "god"? That sounds too overpowered.

Malak wasn't exactly the "golden boy" of the Sith Order, but he was bth menacing, and entertaining...i think part of me played Kotor again just he hear his hilariously entertaining voice.

"I had to see if you still ALIVE ...Revan."

"This is but a taste of the DARK SIDE."

"HA-HA-HA"

"Blind...and stupid..."

• 1 year later...

I know this is a late.. well very late post, but when I read through this at random I had to fix something by pointing it out..

People said Darth Traya was not much of a sith because she acted very differently;

Well let me state a quote from her, "It(sith) may be my title, but it is not who I am.."

the quote may not be exact but it is close, it is from Kreias conversation with Atris near the end of the game.

Kreia was a sith only by title so that is why she didn't act like the typical sith which is why most people don't think she is "evil" enough to be one, but she is the one who taught Sion, Revan and possibly even Nilhus.

Kreia may not be oustandingly brutal but she is still "evil" as the way she goes about getting her goals done couldn't be concieved as anything other than "Dark sided"

If you pay attention in the game you find out that Kriea was a Jedi Master at one point, then later a Sith Master, she goes around with the Exile as what is known as a Grey Jedi then later reveals herself as a sith. She has mastered light side and dark side

and was probably the most powerful Jedi and the most powerful Sith. She knew how to manipulate and if you do your homework you see that manipulation is one of the "evilest" things someone can do because in most cases it is worse then just killing the person you don't like.

"It is a far greater victory to make one see through your eyes, then to close theirs forever.." -Kreia

It's a close call between Nihilus and Traya. I'll go with Nihilus, though - he's just so haunting and mysterious.

Sion is just a brutish zombie by comparison, but the worst really is Malak. I don't think I've ever seen a more cheesy villain. He deserved to die just for his attempt at an evil laughter alone... Let's be thankful for the metal jaw, though, since it means he at least didn't have a moustache to twirl :(

the Sith that i would probably have to like a lot is probably Darth bane he makes the others sound extremely weak and i'm going to quote something that bane said

honor is for the living in dead people deserve no honour

so i'm going to have to go with bane plus i don't think malak could destroy a whole room about 10 times over

and he also kills men woman and children so he is probably my type of sith the ones above is nothing compard to bane

Nihlus was the best concept. He was the worst in execution though sadly.

I've said it before, but I'd love to have Nihlus return in the 3rd game, as a party member even (his pre-Nihlus human state of course.) It would make the story far richer to hear more about him.

Yes, I think there is potential for revealing things about Nihilus in K3. I did that in my own plot suggestion.

I disagree, however, that he was poorly executed in TSL, except for the actual confrontation with him. To say that he is disappointing because we don't learn more about him defeats his entire purpose - we're not SUPPOSED to learn about his past. It is precisely because he is unknown that he is mysterious, threatening, and dangerous. It is human nature to fear the unknown and that is precisely what Nihilus represents in TSL - the unknown. If his entire past was revealed in TSL, then they might as well not have put him in there in the first place. Dracula also works best when he is an unknowable force of evil as he was in Stoker's original novel, and as the Great Old Ones are in Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythology, where mere knowledge of them equals doom while ignorance is bliss. That's the sort of hauting and gothic entity that Nihilus is, and it is what he works best as in TSL.

Archived