Home

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Diego Varen

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

• Darth Malak
    • Darth Sion
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Darth Traya
    • I Like All Of Them
    • I Don't Like Any Of Them

I think the best thing about Vader was that he never laughed. I hate villains that laugh about their victories and/or plans. I mean, what's funny about them? That's the main reason I hate Malak - he's a complete Vader copy (a pathetic one at that) and his laugh is the cheesiest, lamest, and most cringe-worthy (in a bad way) I've ever heard.

Well, at least he had facial problems... just imagine if he'd had a mustache to twirl too [insert shudder here] :(

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the above negative comments about Malak are funny because they’re true. Especially this:

Malak was cheesy and phoney in the extreme. You only had to hear him laugh once to get a pretty good idea of why he lost his jaw... ;)

Lol. A smilie would normally go here, but I'm editing this post, so I can't use them.

A big focus of my KotOR comedy fan fic is taking the piss out of Malak. You’ve just got to love Malak bashing.

Part one which I’ve posted on the CET section of this forum gives you an idea of what is to come. Now I’m not sure if I should continue to post it part by part (when I complete a part) or wait until I complete it (which could take like a year) and then post the entire thing.

Oh, and to stay on topic, Darth Traya is my favourite Sith Lord in the KotOR series so far, because she's a well written, clever character who’s well voice acted by Sara (eh, I forgot how to spell her last name, because I forgot what it is, and I can’t be assed enough to Google it or whatever).

And why is Mr. Cheese winning the poll?!?!? Vote Traya! Or vote anyone but Mr. Cheese!

And why is Mr. Cheese winning the poll?!?!? Vote Traya! Or vote anyone but Mr. Cheese!

Mr. Cheese is winning because he is indeed Classic and fitting of K1. He fits what Star Wars is meant to be, a story with stupid and pathetic villians, compared to great and mighty heroes. Malak fit an sterotype, and he did so well.

Meanwhile, in TSL, you got an Exile who is stupid and pathetic (in other people's eyes, but to me as well, The Exile was just a tool), and Kreia who is far too charmastic for her own good. It upsets the whole SW legacy.

Nihilus is definitely the coolest of the Sith Lords, but I would say Kreia is actually my favorite of them, and also my favorite character of all. I would have to agree ,though, that she is too good for some Star Wars fans. I guess a lot of them want stereotypical, miserably pathetic, dumb, lame villains with a cheesy laugh. In my opinion, Star Wars took a turn for the better (much better) when they made TSL, and I really hope they keep going down that path.

Oh, and Architect, I would definitely like it if you keep posting each chapter as you right it. It's a lot easier to read it one chapter at a time than to read a full-length fic all in one setting. And I really hate Malak, and I love any fic that talks about what a **** he was. ;)

Well Nihilus is cool yes but he was a big letdown. All that suspense and talk about his power is destroyed when I faced him. I make a attack or two and the cut scene with Visas triggers another attack and Nihilus is defeated. It wasn't worth it.

Sion has a cool power but he lacks will power and is a brute with little intelligence (it's no wonder he's always Traya's pet). He's just brutish and after a battle of wills he gives up. Pathetic.

Traya was a brilliant character and one of the best written characters I've seen in games (and I've seen a lot). She's also probably the most manipulative characters (along with Kane from the Legacy of Kain series) and I like that. Her grey philosophy brings a new point of view in to Star Wars aside from the usual Light side and Dark side.

Malak was cheesy yes but he best suits the definition of a Star Wars villain. A true epitome of evil it really motivates me to fight him for the fate of the galaxy.

Normally I'd choose Traya as the best and most interesting character but this is Star Wars and I feel Malak better fits in to it. He's the classic villain. If this wasn't SW I would have Darth Traya not Malak. Traya is great but I have a hard time picturing her as a true Sith Lord not because she is too manipulative but because she is too grey. I like such personalities but in Star Wars everyone and everything is black and white and Malak simply fits better in to it.

Mr. Cheese is winning because KotOR-fans vote for him, while TSL fans are divided among the three Sith Lords. I mean, just look at you and me - we definitely like ANY of the Sith Lords in, well "The Sith Lords" better that Mr. Cheese, yet you vote for Traya and I vote for Nihilus... And if you and I can't agree, then surely all hope is lost :D

Mr. Cheese is winning because KotOR-fans vote for him, while TSL fans are divided among the three Sith Lords. I mean, just look at you and me - we definitely like ANY of the Sith Lords in, well "The Sith Lords" better that Mr. Cheese, yet you vote for Traya and I vote for Nihilus... And if you and I can't agree, then surely all hope is lost :D

And I vote for Sion, which makes the the three TSL Sith Lords all get at least one vote. I have to agree though, Malak is the worst villian out of all of them. When I first played KOTOR, I admit I used to find him a good viliian, but compared to Sion and Traya, he is nothing.

It's quite telling that KotOR-fanatics can vote for only one Sith Lord while TSL-fanatics can vote for three. And those latter three all a good number of votes for them. One thing though, although Malak may be winning as an individual Sith Lord with 35 votes right now, the combined Sith Triumverate is whooping his backside with a combined total of 37 ;)

It's quite telling that KotOR-fanatics can vote for only one Sith Lord while TSL-fanatics can vote for three. And those latter three all a good number of votes for them. One thing though, although Malak may be winning as an individual Sith Lord with 35 votes right now, the combined Sith Triumverate is whooping his backside with a combined total of 37 ;)

Actually, the Sith Triumvirate has 47 votes, not 37. Not too crash hot with your maths are you? :giggle1: I can’t talk; I had to use a calculator to figure out the total. :lol: Not really by the way. I’m sure you meant 47 and not 37 though, because that would explain what you meant by “whooping its backside”. Yes, that's right, I said "it". It’s a stab at the Malak fan-boys. Wha-? What did I just say? Malak has fan-boys? Have I gone mad? It’s this fora. It’s doing more bad for me than it is good. :lol:

Oh, and EagerWeasel, yeah I’ll post it part by part in that case. There’s just one big problem though. Writing fan fics can become addictive. I want to continue to work on them rather than work on one of my fifty or so boring assignments I have to complete in the next eight months!

I have to hold off working on my two fan fics for a while until I “get on top of things” (not literally) with my assignments. Basically I’m trying to get a umm…”ticket” into University (I was a slacker and a yacker at high school) and do a creative writing course or something along those lines (whatever course it is that you do, in the creative writing field).

Well, after weighty consideration, I think I eventually have to go with Kreia/Traya here. An in-depth character who didn't just stand around making supposedly evil speeches and laughing a lot.

Malak definitely had too much of the slightly camp pantomime baddie thing going on (reminded me a lot of Jerec from Dark forces II for some reason), even if he did have a final end dual better than any others. Nihlus, alas, was too overblown for when it came down to fighting him. Sion was good and just misses out.

You know, this reason how Malak is able to win via a purality shows the problem with modern-day democratic elections.

We should change to a system that would be more represenative of our will, to showcase who we really love. I don't remember its name, but mathmaticans around the world want this new voting system, so that democracy can be much more accurate.

Here's the idea for a brand new election, let us assume we have 4 candinates, MALAK, TRAYA, SION, and NIHLIUS. You then have the ability to rank them based on 1, 2, 3, and 4. 1st Place gets 3 votes, 2nd place gets 2 votes, and 3rd place gets 1 vote. We tally up all the votes, and we'll see what the will of the people are.

This way, we can better and more accurately determine the will of the people, instead of having skewed results like this. The only problem is that this system might be a bit too complex...but I don't think so. Doesn't hurt to try, though.

Oh, and I'd like to post some critics' views for Kreia:

GameLemon: Top Ten Villians of All Time:

7) Darth Traya, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Xbox)

While Sith Lords was generally viewed by gaming journalists as just another sequel that didn't live up to the standards set by its' predecessor, I would have to say I really disagree. Woe be to me to question the judgment of such highly skilled professionals, but I really think they just weren't intelligent enough to understand the game's subdued, yet morally complex, plot which culminated in a duel with the woman who is almost solely responsible for your own salvation. Darth Traya (i.e. former party member Kreia) is the quiet, nearly invisible force behind almost all the terrible things, but also almost all of the really good things, that happen throughout the game. She incessantly forces the player's character into nearly impossible situations, but all for the sake of making him into someone who does not follow either side of the force blindly, but rather questions and lives with a fierceness which defies the Jedi's stark emotionless ness and opposes the Sith's blind wrath. While the mechanics of the actual battle are nothing particularly jaw-dropping, the confrontation with Traya, where the player must defeat her for what she has come to embody because of the very teachings she has instilled in him, is one of the most moving moments in all of video games. After finishing Sith Lord's and hearing Traya's final message I spent a long time pondering my own conceptions of morality and the Good. I don't think any other video game has ever managed to get that response from me.

Top Ten Female Video Game Characters You Should Idolize

7.) Kreia from Knights Of The Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - Unfamiliar to me, this character was mentioned my 90% of the men I questioned in regards to this list. Chris from Xboxer summed it up best with ''she actually made the dark side interesting, better than that whole good vs. evil thing that they've got going in most of the Star Wars universe. Also nice to have a slightly nihilistic baddie. Who could control lightsabers with mind powers". Ahh, so it's not her atrophied eyes which makes every man fancy her then?

Traya!!!! She's cool, i like her. :D

I liked them all. Bioware and Obsidian did a great job on each one, although Nihilus could've used a little more dialogue.

Nihilius could of done with a few Galactic Basic classes :p.

Teacher: The-cat-climbs-up-the-tree.

Nihilius: The-cat-climb...Awwhhh **** YOU!! *blasts teacher*

Teacher: That's uggh good enough for me..you've passed....ugggh....*collapses*

Nihilius: *dances*

:D:D

• 1 month later...

Nihilus is my favorite. He was the most powerful of them, that's a fact. He would give Revan, Malak, Sion, Kreia, Exar Kun, Bane, Kaan, Sidious, Maul, Dokuu, (NOT Vader), Krayt e.t.c., e.t.c. some serious asswhooping. The only reason why he lost against the exile was because the exile was a wound in the force. So Nihilus best power, the power capable of destroying entire worlds, was useless. If the exile wouldn't have been a wound in the force she would dead before she would get the chance to say: "Holy S**t!"

Sion was to arrogant, he always thought that he was the better one and that he could defeat Nihilus. Well, the cut content proved that he was wrong, big time.

Kreia would get a second place actually. She was very wise. Not Jedi style wise, thinking and teaching that the galaxy is a good place and that everything will solve itself when you meditate, but realistic wise. She knew the dangers of the universe. She knew that all you do sends echoes trough the force and for that you must make serious sacrifaces. And YertyL, if you say that the force keeps everything alive, how would you explain the Yuuzhan Vong. If Kreia would succed in destroying the force, it wouldn't have been so different. Everyone would just live like the Yuuzhan Vong, not feeling the force. The only different thing is that there would be no jedi or sith who can rule the galaxy and no echoes that makes people do things like killing someone.

Malak was just stupid. He thought that he was the most powerful man in the universe and that nothing could stop him. He could be compared to a Goa'uld, thinking that he is a God. He wasn't a good strategist at all, the only thing that made him powerful was that the star forge was pumping out new ships and droids every second. In the end Revan proved that he was a weakling, only capable of defeating others at distance with ships armed with superlasers.

Malak was just stupid. He thought that he was the most powerful man in the universe and that nothing could stop him. He could be compared to a Goa'uld, thinking that he is a God. He wasn't a good strategist at all, the only thing that made him powerful was that the star forge was pumping out new ships and droids every second. In the end Revan proved that he was a weakling, only capable of defeating others at distance with ships armed with superlasers.

Who is a good strategist besides Revan and Kreia? hm..

Malak's mastery of the force was second to only Revan during Kotor I...and his betrayal of Revan shows that he is not as stupid as many would like him to be. What better chance could there be to kill your master? If it had worked, it would indeed have been a "single masterful stroke", killing Revan and Bastila at the same time...

Malak was strong and a natural leader, he just lacked tactic and strategy.

Revan was my favorite. He's like Grand Admiral Thrawn: Sith Lord edition. But from the ones on that list, Malak. Why? Sion makes my ears hurt with that voice of his, Nihilus isn't even a character, he's a walking, 'talking' McGuffin, and Traya was a totally ineffective villain. Woo, look at me! I betray the Exile, and then the Exile kills me! At least Malak devastated the Republic. Sion and Nihilus did more damage than Traya.

• 2 weeks later...

Sion by far...

Traya hated the concept of the Force... Nihilus didn't even care for the Sith or any life for that matter (Nihilism baby). So those two are out. Malak may have his bursts of intellect like betraying and outwitting Revan (once) but overall, he was fairly stupid. Plus, Revan did everything for him (Star map, troops, etc.). And, Malak also cared more about conquering the Republic rather than the genocide of the Jedi. Malak was just an angry, 8-foot tall boy with an extreamly long lightsaber.

Sion on the other hand... cared only about the annhilation of the jedi. He was EXTREAMLY morbid and looked the way he acted (festering skin etc...). And he personally chose to beat the crap out of Traya with his hands rather than his lightsaber. Plus, he had a skin-crawling voice. He may be a little dimwitted but hey... What sith lord isn't a little stupid? (except for Bane, and Palpatine).

Honestly, he is more true to the Ideal than any of the others... and he could probably take on Malak... (Nihilus and Traya could whoop him... but they weren't really Sith... just two Death obsessed cultists).

Edit: Sorry for the double post but i do have to say that Traya is my favorite character out of any of them... she's just not a blind, Sith-by-the-book. She has a much more interesting backstory and her views are actually worth considering... blinding yourself to ANY creed is dangerous no matter what it may be. She actually evoked the thought that the individual is more important than the beliefs that they may potentially blind themselves to...

So my favorite character out of them is Traya. But, in terms of idealogy, Sion was more true to the original concept of "Kill all Jedi".

In terms of power... either Traya or Nihilus... Probably Traya since she tricked Nihilus and had the Exile do away with him instead.

Even though KOTOR 1 is my favorite game, lets face it... Malak was horrible and a poor attempt at a 4000 year old Darth Vader.

My favorite Non-KOTOR Sith Lord would have to be Bane. Is it official that he's the Sith'ari' or is that merely speculation among fans?

Archived