Home

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

Diego Varen

Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favourite Sith Lord In The KOTOR Series?

• Darth Malak
    • Darth Sion
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Darth Traya
    • I Like All Of Them
    • I Don't Like Any Of Them

Specially when your teacher only talks.

That's all that Kreia does. :p

And there have been plenty Sith who have learned the Sith ways from holocrons--Exar Kun (with a little help from Freedon Nadd's spirit later on), Revan (probably), Bane (from Revan's holocron, no less).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In KOTOR there is only one Sith Lord, The True Sith, the Sith'Ari : Lord Revan.

All the others are just echoes of his greatness and power upon a crippling Republic.

I think many of you agree with me when I say that Revan is the most powerful KOTOR Sith Lord.

All the other Sith Lords wannabes mentioned in the poll exist in his shadow.

So my favorite KOTOR Sith Lord in Revan.

PS: Please, I don't want to hear s#!t about Revan not being a Sith or other funky stuff like that, cause if you do think he wasn't then you just can't understand the damn game.

Fanboy alert.

I think many of you agree with me when I say that Revan is the most powerful KOTOR Sith Lord.

All the other Sith Lords wannabes mentioned in the poll exist in his shadow.

Funny how I don't seem to recall seeing Revan kill the entire population of planets, killing three Jedi Masters in seconds, or anything else like that. As far as I can tell, Revan's only outstanding achievement was his suggested strategic capabilities.

I guess I just don't understand the damned game.

I honestly don't understand the whole 'Revan is awesome' thing...

Yes, he was a master tactician, a charismatic leader (hard, when you wear a mask all the time), and a powerful Force user, but that's all I see.

I don't see the same godlike being that makes some people scream 'Revan is da best! he PWNS u all!' (I won't be typing that again).

Please, I don't want to hear s#!t about Revan not being a Sith or other funky stuff like that,[/Quote]

Well, following the Sith teachings does not make one a Sith, no more than learning French makes you a Frenchman.

It's also been theorised in the games (at least I think it was) that Revan took a Darth title, and became the Dark Lord of the Sith out of necessity, that if he didn't, someone, or something worse would.

So it could be said he became the Dark Lord as a sacrifice.

You don’t take the title Dark Lord of The Sith out of necessity, it’s not a job appliance, there was no one else that had the necessary power, genius, determination and commitment. Revan had a goal, that’s why pulled his power play when he did.

To a Sith power is like a drug, like air, their only purpose. After taking the galaxy Revan had a great deal of power, to break away willingly from the that, is like stop eating, drinking water, breathing, cutting your internet connection. (like The Exile and the Force).

I’m not making an icon out of Revan, just showing him to you through my eyes, there are other characters in SW that I like, but in KOTOR Revan casts a pretty big shadow, my mistake if I only see the his shadow. So if you will enlighten me with your pov.

I’m no fanboy to anything but concepts, ideas and ideologies that suit my character, personality and ego. I don’t make gods from over empowered novelistic heroes.

Sorry if I’m upsetting people so may the Universe punish me… with a LightSaber.

You don’t take the title Dark Lord of The Sith out of necessity, it’s not a job appliance, there was no one else that had the necessary power, genius, determination and commitment. Revan had a goal, that’s why pulled his power play when he did.[/Quote]

Kreia as much as said it:

Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself?[/Quote]

Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil.[/Quote]

And remember, Kreia knew Revan better than anyone in the galaxy.

To a Sith power is like a drug, like air, their only purpose. [/Quote]

Not all the time. Darth Vectivus was Dark Lord of the Sith and never gave into power, remaining an ethical person. But that's another issue.

But, you are right, Sith Lord or not, Revan has a big shadow. :)

Don't forget that Kreia had just as much possibility of being biased as anybody else. Just because she said it doesn't mean it was true. No where in TSL did they claim Kreia was omnipotent or immune from inaccuracy or over exaggeration. :p

You must take it with a grain of salt, though. Most people assume just because it's written it's true ("why else would they write it in?"). If I were the devs, I'd throw in things that are untrue (or at least exaggerated) because it builds character. I mean I'm not fully objective about things I feel strongly about, whether I want to be or not, and if Kreia is so drooly over Revan it would make sense that she is not fully objective either.

Kind of like how nothing is ever as bad as Vrook makes it out to be. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I was a bit disappointed with Malak on the whole. I think he made a great apprentice but a lousy Dark Lord of the Sith.

Nihilus intrigued me more than any of them, but the story line never followed through like I hoped it would. Perhaps we'll learn more about Nihilus and how he (it) came to be if KotOR 3 is ever released.

Sion was pretty badass, I think, but less intriguing than Nihilus.

I think Darth Bandon was left off of this list, but I don't blame the original poster. I hardly remember Bandon, for some reason. It's been a while since I played K1, so that's probably why, but he's much less memorable than the other Sith Lords you face in the series.

You must take it with a grain of salt, though. Most people assume just because it's written it's true ("why else would they write it in?"). If I were the devs, I'd throw in things that are untrue (or at least exaggerated) because it builds character. I mean I'm not fully objective about things I feel strongly about, whether I want to be or not, and if Kreia is so drooly over Revan it would make sense that she is not fully objective either.

So true. It applies to just about every other character in K2 as well.

I hardly remember Bandon, for some reason. It's been a while since I played K1, so that's probably why, but he's much less memorable than the other Sith Lords you face in the series.

:lol: I forgot about him every time I played K1. I think BioWare was going for a Maul type character there (hence the double-bladed saber and the quiet demeanor). Not the best choice, because I forgot Maul too. :p

Revan, even though canonically light-side. I still consider Revan somewhat as a Sith, taking into account the whole Star Forge business, and the armies, and the political assasinations, I would say he had more finesse to be a leader Sith or Jedi. And out of all of the KOTOR (games) Sith, Revan was the one who had the potential to get whatever he wanted (Malak merely took advantage of a situation and open fired on him, basically usurping the title) and the charisma to make anything happen in his favor. Traya, Sion, and Nihilus didn't have the drive to control, they just wanted to consume and destroy everything, which tbh are good qualities for any evil character, but not the best machinations for a good villain imo.

Revan, even though canonically light-side. I still consider Revan somewhat as a Sith, taking into account the whole Star Forge business, and the armies, and the political assasinations, I would say he had more finesse to be a leader Sith or Jedi. And out of all of the KOTOR (games) Sith, Revan was the one who had the potential to get whatever he wanted (Malak merely took advantage of a situation and open fired on him, basically usurping the title) and the charisma to make anything happen in his favor. Traya, Sion, and Nihilus didn't have the drive to control, they just wanted to consume and destroy everything, which tbh are good qualities for any evil character, but not the best machinations for a good villain imo.

I agree with this, for the most part. I would also put Revan at the top, but I took the question to mean my favorite Sith Lord that I fought against, and I don't count the hallucination of Revan as really fighting him.

I do disagree with one statement though - I believe Kreia/Traya did have the drive to control, and did so effectively through most of K2. She effectively manipulated the Exile to either make her destroy, or help her destroy, 3 Sith Lords (if you count Atris/Traya) and 3 Master Jedi. I'd definitely still choose Revan over Traya, however.

I agree with this, for the most part. I would also put Revan at the top, but I took the question to mean my favorite Sith Lord that I fought against, and I don't count the hallucination of Revan as really fighting him.

I do disagree with one statement though - I believe Kreia/Traya did have the drive to control, and did so effectively through most of K2. She effectively manipulated the Exile to either make her destroy, or help her destroy, 3 Sith Lords (if you count Atris/Traya) and 3 Master Jedi. I'd definitely still choose Revan over Traya, however.

Oh I definitely agree about Kreia/Traya, manipulation and betrayal was her forte after all :) She just didn't have the desire to do what Revan would have wanted to do, she wanted to bring about the end of the force iirc. I think she stated in a conversation with the Exile that if Revan had asked her to go with him to the Unknown Regions, that she may have gone, but that could merely be seen as a former master supporting a cause of the former apprentice (i.e. Kreia would be the follower).

Archived