Home

CALLING ALL TROOPS!

Delphi-PG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthMaulUK

Im gonna try and put this on the front page. Using a 56k modem until my broadband arrives in my new place means long long long wait times. Its hard to believe how the net 'used'to be on dial up. AARRRGGHHH!

DMUK

I'm going to hold my vote until bfme2 is out. I won't give a vote until i see all sides of the argument, especially on this poll as i'm a fan of bfme1. To be honest though, voting on which is the better game is ultimately pointless as they are 2 rts games but totally seperated by different concepts.

My only fear is that EA won't give the support that a title like bfme2 really needs. I'm tired of getting games that end up unsupported and your always left with what is usually an unfinished product.

I am, however, hopeful that Petroglyph will support EaW, other companies tend to treat the starwars universe as nothing more than a money making franchise, whereas Petroglyph don't seem to be following the same pattern.

To sum it up, my vote will go to the game that is best supported.

Im gonna try and put this on the front page. Using a 56k modem until my broadband arrives in my new place means long long long wait times. Its hard to believe how the net 'used'to be on dial up. AARRRGGHHH!

DMUK

Heh, good old days eh? Being personally stuck on a 56k for over 5 years till get this 1mbps dsl, you can't imagine how "excited" i was when a 90MB demo finished :)

And Bricard, i have faced the worst un-supported title when buying Heores of the Pacific; simply, you had the sence that this game came from nowhere and no company was behind to support it.......i left it after 2 weeks.....

Petro promised to organise tourneys, making necessary patches and such, keeping a community alive. Also, it's the first time i see devs to interact so much with communities. The "old" studios tend to have a kind of arrogant belief "we make good games, you buy them; we can make mistakes, but we don't care, since you bought the game..." .

And as for waiting to test the two titles and then vote, this is up to you, but this poll will probably close before the release of two titles; it's just about fan war :sniper9::snip2:

.........just taking cover of enemy fire ;)...........

These are fundamentally different RTS games. I played the beta for BFME2 and EAW. They both tickle my fancy on different levels. BFME2 has some very nice features reminiscent of prior RTS games: real-time battlefield strategic building coupled with very nice graphics. I am really intrigued by its hero mode, where you create a character to battle within the LotR landscape; that is a very creative idea and one that will really enhance online gameplay. EAW, set in my favorite galaxy, the SW universe, has capitalized on both a land and space battle which is fairly novel for the genre. The cinematic mode (while needing some tweaks) and the movie modes both make for a "greater than the game itself" experience. I have followed Petroglyph's comments about how the demo and the shipping version are very different in some regards (most notably speed of unit development), and I can say without doubt that this product was beyond ambitious and looks to be, for lack of a better pun, stellar. My gameplay in both will be different from the other game adding to the hard drive fun :).

That said, I have been overwhelmingly impressed by the interaction of the Devs with this community. Having felt victimized by SWG (big time), I am truly humbled by Petroglyph's communication and interaction with the community. These guys are listening and responding and I definitely feel that they are going to keep this game interesting and new. Notwithstanding, they took on a Herculean task and a community that is more than just a little picky about canon (which I find to be one of the fun things about SW anyway). My morale is exceptionally high with Petroglyph. Additionally, the modders for EAW have been hard at work with the DEMO...the DEMO for goodness sakes! What can I possibly say about people who have given of themselves to help improve a DEMO? A lot of good people out there...thank you.

In short, EAW, its devs, and this community demonstrate the sheer strength of this game. So, EAW got my vote. "You had me at hello..." LOL

Heh, nice conclusion jasonirma, at the beggining i thought you were one of them (i don't want to mention their names... :dozey: ) and was ready to command some SWAT guys to make you "change" your opinion, but in the last you make up your status in this forum (i hope you didn't believe Popcorn's words "everyone's entitled to have a fair opinion", they're just for ad of this "democratic" forum, since he told me to get some SWAT ppl for some "bugs" we had in this discussion :^: )

Yup, Petro seems very interactive with communities, i guess they either planned a nice marketting policy or they make it because they feel so (or both :)). Nice beginning, for a newly-born company.

commandos.jpg

-"SWAT force - ready to take care of those BFME2 voters..."

In short, EAW, its devs, and this community demonstrate the sheer strength of this game. So, EAW got my vote. "You had me at hello..." LOL

Hahaha, pun intended? :D :D :D

Yes, this game is going to be great.

And waht's even more great, even I are going to be able to alter things in it. :)

Not much, been fiddeling abit around with the xml files, changing some "squadron" values (is it too late, Delphi, to change this to be called Flights, which would be a much more accurate description of the "squadron" sizes in the game? :) ) like rebels having 3 ships per flight in classic a delta formation, and TIE Fighters in the upright 4 ship flight in the diamond formation we see in most flight sim games. :)

I also fiddled around abit with the number of pulses each fighter shoots and their recharge rate, in that I lowered the amount to the number of cannons they have. This of course required me to also lower the accuracy and burst value of the anti fighter ships. I think I have it at a reasonable balance. :)

But I'm sure I'm in reality favouring the Imperial side. :D

Earth II - 912

Star Wars Empire at War - 1276

yay... a 350 vote difference now :D muhahahhaha

- xsoy

------------------

War correspodance...

BFMEII - 928

EaW - 1295

------------------

With a simple statistical calculation and a "simple" jump to frequency domain (ala Fourier analysis), among with some simple integrals on the complex field (*cough cough*, ok, i overdid it :^: ), we can predict a daily incremenet of 20 votes for EaW against the half (10) of BFMEII.............heh, and mathematics never lie (they're the "good" boys of sciense), so, chier up ;)

Just spread the word around, so that we gain some tactical advantage......not that we're losing the fight, but never understimate an enemy...

So, 17 days left and this battle will most luckily end by the release time.....and although i don't like to use imp quotes

(trasmiting from headquarters): "just wipe them out...all of them..." :holosid:

commandos.jpg

-"SWAT force - ready to take care of those BFME2 voters..."

Im gonna try and put this on the front page. Using a 56k modem until my broadband arrives in my new place means long long long wait times. Its hard to believe how the net 'used'to be on dial up. AARRRGGHHH

Remember when you had to Actually DIAL-UP on your telephone to connect? THAT was hell on-line...

Even if they are 6 Factions,create a hero,war of the ring mode,

(i played BFME,BFME2 Beta)

is EAW by far more superior then BFME 2.

BFME 2 will be like C&C Zero Hour (although very fun game)but very fast paced,

i think it will end up like everyone will do the same thing over and over again.

As a true RTS gamer (over 15 years experience) i will buy them both,

but my vote goes to EAW.

And please PETRO have a better patch/balance/bugs/ fixing team than EA.

Archived