Home

Do you want KOTOR 3 to be a longer game?

RobQel-Droma

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess most people do want a longer gameplay. I'll lump myself with that group mainly because I just like playing KOTOR alot. For the first few days, it took me forever to work out all the puzzles. If KOTOR 3 has extended gameplay and is that intense then it would probably take me months to play through the whole thing once. That's a game I like:)

I'm gonna agree with all of you - I too want a longer game, more planets, a complete story, but I just hope none of the locations will be as boring as Peragus. I mean, the plot on Peragus was good, but it was too long. So much time spent wandering around in a place with only two persons to talk to and a bunch of droids.

• 1 month later...

Id love the game to be longer.

For example:

Kotor I the storyline could have been longer. It seems to me that when you play an evil character (in any game) that the story always ends just when its starting to get good (In this instance taking over the Starforge)

Kotor II same thing. I would have loved to see you be able to have the option of pretending to side with Queen Talia or General Vaklu and then right when the civil war breaks out you deploy and claim Onderon for the Mandalorians (Bwa ha ha). Or maybe instead of blowing up the Ravager, capturing it for the Mandalorians (Can you tell I like the Mandalorians?)

Its not that I have anything against lightside characters, I dont, but the endings always seem to have less thought put into them or to somehow come of as anticlimactic (citing Kotor II ending where your whole team basically shatters and you go back into exile. Kotor I was actually pretty good.)

Guys! More content requires more Time... more Money.. And more unneeded work... As in I have never played as Dark Side in any of the two games, even hrough their content is in them I just believe its plain stupid to be evil...

A matter of fact, I think it will take years to make a game with Dark and light and Alternatives, plus some new feature's, you cant really expect just buy a sequel and it have the same way of being as the first one...

As in I have never played as Dark Side in any of the two games, even hrough their content is in them I just believe its plain stupid to be evil...

Not that I want to be evil. Being a sith just looks cool.

Oh all right I admit it. I wan't to dominate the world once in a while or be feared.

:firemad: F.E.A.R. ME!!!!! :firemad:

I personally think that the length of gameplay for both games was just about equal and just about right.

What I would like to see for K3 would be a change up in how they present the areas. It seems too much like they try to give each planet equal playing time. What might be (I repeat, might be) more interesting is to shorten up the planets and add depots and pit stops that have varying side quests the progress as the game goes on (I'm thinking Yavin Station from KotOR here).

Also, I would like to see a little more "travel" on each of the planets. Take Nar Shaddaa. The entire city is a planet, yet somehow everything from pazaak champs to crime lords could be found in a relatively small area. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that planet, but make me see the sights a little (ala Taris).

I personally think that the length of gameplay for both games was just about equal and just about right.

What I would like to see for K3 would be a change up in how they present the areas. It seems too much like they try to give each planet equal playing time. What might be (I repeat, might be) more interesting is to shorten up the planets and add depots and pit stops that have varying side quests the progress as the game goes on (I'm thinking Yavin Station from KotOR here).

Also, I would like to see a little more "travel" on each of the planets. Take Nar Shaddaa. The entire city is a planet, yet somehow everything from pazaak champs to crime lords could be found in a relatively small area. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that planet, but make me see the sights a little (ala Taris).

Quoted For Emphasis :)

I think it should be around 10-12 planets and about 2-3 hrs a planet so it takes forever to finish the game but still have a fun time doing so.

2-3 hours of 10 -12 planets. You have to do better than that bro. It's almost as long as K1 and 2 depending on how you play. Lets say 6 major planets with 4hours of major plots in the story an 5 planets with lots of bonuses and new NPC story plots as side quests 1-2 hours each so you have almost 40 hours of game if you know it all and play 24/7 errrm... 20/7.

Longer not necessarily...more complete yes. I thought where KOTOR 1 surpassed KOTOR 2 was depth of the gameplay/story outside of the main plot. Taris was a perfect example - Three seperate areas on one planet, multiple plot lines, huge number of quests/side quests that were all necessary to complete to move the story along. I like the idea of creating NPC party member areas that have specific quests in order to advance their story - if the devs could come up with a way to intricately tie those sidequests into the main plot that would be awesome - example: in KOTOR 1 needing to rescue Zaalbar before having him join the group and swearing the life debt to you - and then having his back story so intertwined with your mission to get one of the star maps - that was perfect!

I'd like to see a much longer game, and a much more free-wheeling game as well. I'd like to see, if not more planets, certainly more on each planet.

By now, it can't have escaped Obsidian's or Lucasart's attention that there's an aggressive modding community out here. Let's have a game who's main quest(s) are a bit longer than the last two, but with a much more expanded availability for side quests. Say, "here's Coruscant, here's where the main quest takes place, here's where the main quest items are located." pause for dramatic effect. "Now see these hooks. They lead to other areas, which you can use this INCLUDED tool set to populate. And see this here? This lets you detach the main quest items and put them into the new areas you've built. Hope you have a large hard drive :) Suddenly, Coruscant has changed from a 5 hour level to a 35 hour level and the devs only added simple walkmeshes and tools, thereby not dramatically increasing developement time.

Give us some blank slates, a meaningful modding suite, and a way to tie them to the main modules more easily and the galaxy's our oyster!

Give us some blank slates, a meaningful modding suite, and a way to tie them to the main modules more easily and the galaxy's our oyster!

Never happen. LA won't let this happen, if they were going to there would have been some official support from the beginning, but there isn't. So no toolkits or fancy suites or any places meant for us to add stuff in...

Archived