Home

EU Takes Bold Step into the FUTURE! - Star Wars: Legacy

Astrotoy7

lolz.

All you traditionalists, "big 3" whiners and general EU h4t3rs might have to sit down for this...

Dark Horse have announced a series which charts an area of EU Im sure not many of us have thought of alot...

EU GOES 100 Years Into the FUTURE !!

There is a new son of skywalker..... Cade Skywalker !

..and is that a Twilek sith ?

look very interesting...and *different* which is GOOD !

This is pretty big stuff :) Im stickying it for the moment...

mtfbwya

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see...

Has Sith... (although, WTF?)

Has a Skywalker...

Has an Empire...

Has one of the best EU writers out there! And does not have some of the garbage EU writers out there

Has Jan as an artist!

No Vong...

No Solo twins...

No "Saved by the Bell" Jedi romances...

No Mara...

No Jedi acting like 5 year olds...

No tangle of continuity with some of the crap aspects of the post-ROTJ EU...

:p

I think I'm excited!

IMO Dark Horse is the best source of EU stories out there...

Between this an the KOTOR series, DH will be getting a lot of my money. :)

Has Sith... (although, WTF?)

Has a Skywalker...

Has an Empire...

I am interested to know how a Sith Empire reappears... Maybe it just happens KotOR style.

No Vong...

No Solo twins...

No "Saved by the Bell" Jedi romances...

No Mara...

Thank GOD no Vong, or Jedi 90210, and I never liked Mara or the Solo twins.

Jaina and Jacen will be there. FFS they are Jedi & they'll be less than 100 yrs old. Jacen will probably be the Jedi Grand Master

That's highly unlikely, this is base in 140 ABY, not 100 ABY. The only person from the rest of the EU we might see is Lowbacca, since he's a Wookiee and they live long.

If handled correctly this could turn out to be really good. Kind of like a KotoR in the future in a way. Only gripe I had about NJO was that it really didn't feel very Star Wars to me, some aspects did, other aspects were totally off the mark. The Vong, while an interesting concept, didn't really captivate my imagination or attention for long periods of time. I was very happy to see the Vong threat come t a conclusion though, and I have been wanting a Sith to return to the saga so that we can get back that old familiar feeling again.

Personally I would like a cast of all new players, and technically we are getting that - but we have a person that is connected to the Skywalker lineage. It will be very interesting to see the state of the galaxy in this time frame as well, hopefully it will be a new golden era for the Republic.

No Its General Star Wars Knowledge. Jedis live about 50% Over the Max Life expectancy for their Species. Therefore Ben, Jacen and Jaina could be at the end of their lives during that era.

I call bull**** on that! name one HUMAN jedi who has lived 50% longer

Anyway this new era is 140 years after the Darknest trilogy which would make them stupidly old and alot over 50% of their normal life expectancy.

I for one hope the solo super jedi arnt in it.

No Its General Star Wars Knowledge. Jedis live about 50% Over the Max Life expectancy for their Species. Therefore Ben, Jacen and Jaina could be at the end of their lives during that era.

It's also general Star Wars knowledge that the plural for the word Jedi, is Jedi.

Jacen and Jaina will not be there, this is not an NJO thing, it's brand new, all the NJO characters are no doubt dead, so forget about them.

Even Ben, Lowbacca and Tesar?? Wookies live for Hundreds of Years and Lizards live longer than Humans.

As for ben not being there Cade is the last of the skywalkers there are no more around at this time so i think its safe to assume ben is dead.

And who knows about the others probably killed by this new Sith threat so far from what they've said this series doesnt seem to have any ties with the NJO *thank god*.

from the looks of it, it will be a comic book series. man this looks nice. i was wondering though, is this canon? if it is that means the future of star wars will be set in stone of sorts. granted it can be assumed that the new republic and all that prosper, it just seems odd that they are willing to set in stone the future of starwars. also does this have any involvement with the new legacy of the force book series that will be in the era called legacy. i know this isn't going to be in the same era, but i just found it coincidental that both start in may and have legacy in the title.

from the looks of it, it will be a comic book series. man this looks nice. i was wondering though, is this canon? if it is that means the future of star wars will be set in stone of sorts. granted it can be assumed that the new republic and all that prosper, it just seems odd that they are willing to set in stone the future of starwars. also does this have any involvement with the new legacy of the force book series that will be in the era called legacy. i know this isn't going to be in the same era, but i just found it coincidental that both start in may and have legacy in the title.

Yep its canon and not part of the infinities line.

And from whats been said this is nothing to do with the LOTF series *though they have been in contact with the writers so as not to mess continuity up completely*

I personally am glad they are moving so far ahead mostly because most of the post-Rotj EU is a complete shambles and this gives them a clean slate to do what they want.

Archived